Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

eklektyk

Erudite
its good to know that inspite of recent restructuring/killingoff workers at cryptic they are keeping with proud traditions of patching da patch in 24hrs for tots breaking shit up :)

i also liked yesterdays dead hamster and all that fun :)

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Turns out that Lt. Dutch Trill is now voiced by Laura "Mai Waifu" Bailey. :incline:
ERMAGEHD! That wasn't cheap.

I hope it doesn't mean they are rerecording old dialogs now because of that "only unionized voiceactors nao" bullshit.

I wonder how many hamsters gave their lives already to bring us our cheap entertainment...

Davidshky

Scholar
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9116343-delta-recruitment-rewards

These rewards are actually pretty decent. I guess it might be worth it to make some delta recruits.

Reach Level 50

Reputation Jump-Start Pack: - 250 of Each Reputation Mark - 2x Delta Vanguard Tech Upgrades - 500,000 Energy Credits - 525,000 Expertise - 10,000 Reputation-Only Dilithium

Complete All Storyline Episodes (up to the start of the Dyson Sphere)

Starship Trait: "Improved Temporal Insight" When activating a Hull Heal on self, gain 4sec of Damage Immunity (max once per 45sec) ALSO: Photonic Engineering Bridge Officer Candidate (fully customizable!)

Join a Fleet

- 500 Fleet Marks - 50,000 Fleet-Only Dilithium - 100 of each Holding Commodity (Spire, Mine, Embassy) ** Note: Reward requires level 30

Drakron

Arcane
Delta Vanguard Upgrade Techs are good but I think they are too good, likely they will make changes to that.

Edit: BoC on acquire, pointless beyond one character for account unlocks.
Edit II : Maybe not ... great, confusion ...

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
it looks like its free 50k fleet dil for sprinting to lvl30 - so like few hours of play
may be handy for furute tier6 fleetstarbase - who knows = i may even buy two more slots and grind for that in one weekend

Davidshky

Scholar
Yeah I'm wondering if they're planning on adding a new fleet holding soon, now that they're handing out all these fleet marks and special fleet dilithium.

Like a special anti-iconian delta quadrant thingy holding.

Also, apparently you only need to complete the tutorial with the delta recruit during the event. After doing that you will apparently be able to earn the rest of the rewards even after the event.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Those acc wide boni are actually pretty good considering that you "only" have to play ONE char to fiddy without touching reps. Each of your toon gets 500 FM for that, plus 100 FM + 1000 dil for each completed arc. Surprisingly Fedlings get shafted here, because they only have 6 arcs (plus tutorial), where Klangs and Romulards have 10 each. 1500 FMs, 10k dil and 845 rep marks (maybe FM as well) per toon.
Fudgesicles, there goes my plan of making a fed transphasic suicide bomber spaceterrorist engineer...

Seems like I will end up deleting the farms I created during winterevent and send them through tutorial to support the future incline of our fleets... with free stuff I only doffed for.
Already looking forward to transfering 400 Doffs per mail... yay. \o/

Subject37

Educated

1394.gif

Drakron

Arcane
I was expecting it since Rivera made a comment on ship traits would be handled, this will likely be the next format and the D'D was the only one that fit.

My guess is that if this sells (even with that shitty trait, good Lord) my guess if the next one would be the T6 Defiant/B'rel/Mogai?

Norfleet

Those acc wide boni are actually pretty good considering that you "only" have to play ONE char to fiddy without touching reps. Each of your toon gets 500 FM for that, plus 100 FM + 1000 dil for each completed arc.
EACH toon? Is this on-the-spot, or claimable anytime? I'm smelling infinite vespene gas...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
96781-Anna-excited-gif-Imgur-Frozen-5UKz.gif

EACH toon? Is this on-the-spot, or claimable anytime? I'm smelling infinite vespene gas...
As far as I understand this, yes:
Once an Account-Wide Reward is unlocked, that reward will claimable once by every character on the Delta Recruit’s account. This includes characters created after the Delta Recruit event ends!
I can almost hear your robot brain trying to come up with plan to turn that into benjamins! :D

Also:
Remaking my 3 farms serves no extra bonus for me, but it would help future expansions of our 2 fleets, being 2 of each faction each. No real farms, just wanted to have one of each combination. Gotta collect them all!

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane

Its what it said thats kinda a bit weird with no requirements or they might put requirements and didnt put that explicitly, some days ago they added arcs completion accolades so you might only claim it when you complete a episode arc since it can track completion using accolades.

They said they tested but yes, if its off the bat since someone could just create, skip, claim, repeat ... might be some hidden requirements to claim the rewards to begin with, like having to be lv 10 or something.

Norfleet

Well, it's only vespene, which isn't generally very high on the scale of STO currencies: There's very little you can buy with it, other than assuring that your fleet has infinite vespene gas. It is...not terribly useful, except for one esoteric purposes, whatever you can get out of 25000 FC...one doff.

Which is handy, since doffs are what I happen to have a critical shortage of now...

Subject37

Educated

Ooohhh.... the D'D and Galaxy will get a nice 3-piece set bonus if you combine the new console from this ship with the ones from the older versions.

D'D also comes with the best boff layout. :D

And fleet versions available immediately!

Q: Will there be fleet versions of these ships?

A: Yes! Each of these ships gain +1 Engineering console slot and +10% Maximum hull hit points and +10% Maximum shield capacity. They will be made available upon release of these three new ships. They are unlocked upon reaching tier 4 in your starbase’s shipyard.

It should be noted that Fleet Tier 6 ships do not come with a 5th level of Starship Mastery and thus do not have a Starship Trait.

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
I was afraid they would just up the ensign to Lt. Universal, make the Lt. Cmdr Engineering into a Command Hybrid leave it at that.

The T6 D'D is the one less likely to use Command, the Negh'Var is very good as well the Galaxy since they can run Command in their Lt Cmdr Eng stations.

Norfleet

Fairly impressive layout, although no intel. Shame about the shitty console layout.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I had hoped for a 4th tac console at least, but meh. It's a day one purchase anyway. And the console fits the 2 parts I already own! Moneyz well spent. The useless eng console slot just mean I can fit more speshul consoles without sacrificing something.
Sooo, what's a good command ability to use with that hybrid bugger that benefits solo play ? There does not seem to be a proper consensus yet, if there even is one...

BTW: since the fleet version does not come with 5th mastery level, does that mean we have to level the normal version first or would it be lost otherwise?

In other news: fuuuuuu, I forgot to buy fleet modules while they were cheap. Now prices will skyrocket again. Curse you past me! :argh:

Drakron

Arcane
Lobi, Lock Box and event ships are at Fleet strength, there is no reason to get a Fleet ship for stats as Temporal ships would already be at T5FU stats.

eklektyk

Erudite
im havin too much good time flyin samsar to splush zen on other ships ...
and delta farms wont need fancy blinged ships anyways

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom