Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Subject37

Educated
BTW: since the fleet version does not come with 5th mastery level, does that mean we have to level the normal version first or would it be lost otherwise?

Good question. Knowing Cryptic's general level of competence, I'd guess that the answer is probably "yes".

Drakron

Arcane
Well technically they are different ships, I know that mastery is by ship type so if you dismiss you dont have to do it again on that ship type but T5U-T5FU-T6-T6F are 4 different ships.

Drakron

Arcane
Also note that the current pack is 5000 Zen during the weekend as its 33% off.

Drakron

Arcane
OK, I hate triple posting but here is the optional path.

Make a KDF and you have to get it to at least Dominion Dominated, then make a Romulan and get it also to the Cardassian Struggle, then make either of those to Breen, Feds only have the Klingon War as a exclusive Arc for account rewards so dont bother going beyond that, you might have to make a Federation Allied Romulan for the Cardassian Struggle but thats it as far I can tell.

Hmm! I can't recall if you have a month to get everything with your delta recruit or not. Can you create it and take your time or do you need to finish it up within a month?

Davidshky

Scholar
You have to finish the tutorial so you get the technobabble futurethingy device during the event.

Davidshky

Scholar
Iconian rep grind with hideous armor!

5b1b57d6414978ef41b2d82c122b4f751428436998.png

Norfleet

More importantly, how are they both skintight and metal? And what you up to, Vaarna?

Bliblablubb

Arcane

Drakron

Arcane
I assume that means the BNP for omega rep, so 2 daily fights in the borg sector for 1 BNP? That would actually be an improvment.

Yes, it means that ... BNPs are the hardest since you cannot solo Defera hards outside the Gorn boss and that is only because its giving zone wide credit, it depends on other people doing it in the same instance you are, the rest can be solo'ed more or less, many are battlezones and only the Ancient Power Cells require a bit of walking and someone doing it when you are in the area.

Also also there is CC when it runs were since its about 100 marks, you can just get one per day ... I would say I dont get why the hell they dont just drop the whole "Elite Mark" outside being stubborn about something they did 4 years ago with STFs (the Borg Salvage) they refuse to let go, if that line of thinking was in medicine we would be treated with leeches and standing near bonfires.

Norfleet

You totally can solo Defera Hards, how do you think I paid for our starbase?

Drakron

Arcane
You totally can solo Defera Hards, how do you think I paid for our starbase?

You need 3 people group to activate the quest otherwise it doesnt, this is what I meant for not being able to solo'ed them, needs to be group.

Norfleet

You need 3 CHARACTERS. There is no minimum level requirement. Survival of the other two is not required. Work it out.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The whole "daily box" thing has made reputions a half-afk effort anyway, it's only fitting they get rid of extra requirement to do extra content like STFs.
When I started my first reputation (Dyson) they even had 3 currencies: standard marks, those implants you got from dino tagging and an extra daily mark. Only earnable once per day and used to advance the rep. Cheap design decision to force players in the zone each day.
But once again I am at a loss what cryptics longterm plan for the game is. By making those elite currencies exchangable for standard marks there is no real reason (aside from R&D?) to actually do an advanced+ STF anymore. With the rep's timegates in place you don't need to hurry getting marks.

When I rep a fresh toon I get the daily marks from 3 reps on one day, the other 3 on the next day. Takes 20 mins or so and with that conversion I don't have to touch STFs at all.

I doubt they are going to remove the daily mark box since they are all about new players catching up, so what exactly will they come up with to bring us into Iconian STFs that will probably pay shitty potato rewards again?:|

You need 3 CHARACTERS. There is no minimum level requirement. Survival of the other two is not required. Work it out.
Drakron just doesn't have enough accounts to fill the risian dancefloor! LolNoob!:P

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Since Derpa Rectum is such a big success (and players love it), STO has had to implement a login queue... when switching chars.
Wait what? I am still logged in, why does that put me into a login queue? It's a mystery.

"Dear players, please buy more lifetime subscriptions. Love, Cryptic."

i can't follow this game anymore, i don't know if and how much my ships are underpowered and where and how fetch new equipment since i stopped at xii.
i guess most of my answers need real money.

Drakron

Arcane
Dont worry too much about it, Cryptic is a bit stuck on having to make story content being reachable with free stuff, its just a question of showing up when they make events for free T6 ships.

The game is so completely fucked its ... kinda really funny really, its like GAME DESIGN! with 117% ironic.

i can't follow this game anymore, i don't know if and how much my ships are underpowered and where and how fetch new equipment since i stopped at xii.
i guess most of my answers need real money.

Or a combination of doffing and half-arsed farming. I was surprised at how easy it is to make the 100mil+ that you need for a lockbox or lobi ship and after that you're pretty much set.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom