Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Or alternatively a set of Modules, Fleet Credits, and then a Fleet Ship (T5U or T6, whatever feels right).

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I once had the tamarian combadge/emote, though it was taken away from me at some point, like khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I am not missing it and only remember it, because it was one of the very few items I could claim for free. Pointless anway, nobody emotes anymore.

• Added higher-denomination Mark-to-Dilithium conversion projects to all reputations.
  • Sensor Analysis and Gather Intelligence no longer lock players in combat while active.
  • Added a project to exchange 100 Reputation Marks for 1 Elite Mark.
  • The chest on the Female Delta Alliance Armor has been adjusted for better animation.
Yes, yes, oooh yes and.... wait what?

Seems that Iconian marks can only be aquired by running the PvE queues or some of the shitty Kobali ground missions. I can't believe I am saying that but: I want another sector patrol mission for mah daily mark bawx!
Not bug hunt agaaaaaaaaaaaain. :argh:

Davidshky

Scholar
Not bug hunt agaaaaaaaaaaaain. :argh:

Lets just hope that some of the new queues are at least somewhat decent.
Also, if the normal queues don't take too long we could just pug those for the daily box since "elite marks" won't be much of an issue anymore.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, "Elite" Marks are just a matter of overflow and conversion cooldown.

And really, it depends all on WHICH Kobali ground missions they are. If it's something before you go up Mount Buttfuck (where it's mostly the fact the missions can get finnicky about working properly; and all the running you have to do), it shouldn't be too bad.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Okay, with the easier access to BNP on all chars I would like to clear one question once and for all:

Which one of the 4 Omega rep sets shall I take the engine/deflector from? It's a friggn' maze!

Standard MACO seems to add better stats than the adapted version(at least for non-spacewizards), with an okay-ish 5% cooldown reaction 2p bonus. Also speed.
Adapted MACO has not that great stats and the engine's power level boni are only at low setting (?), which may be not much for a fedling. 25% torp dmg and aux power bonus seem nice.
Omega Force looks meh overall, and I have been told the tetryon glider isn't as buggy op as it once was.
Assimilated Borg doesn't add much aside from a flat 5 to aux and eng. The 2p bonus seems neclectable. Again speed.

Which set is better and why? DISCUSS! :obviously:

Or even a completely different rep set? Delta or Undine don't look that shabby...

Last edited:

Davidshky

Scholar
I've always heard that the counter command deflector is the best for damage. It gives a bonus to energy and projectile weapon training, +5% accuracy and a decent PrtG bonus.

When it comes to the omega deflectors, the KHG/AMACO deflector is apparently really good for science stuff with its +17,5 bonus to flowcaps, part gen and grav gen.

Vaarna_Aarne

As for me, my real dilemma right now is picking a race for my KDF Delta Rectum sci. Even if he's not very likely to become an active alt, I still figured I'd want to have one (since the Gorn is kinda tied to the Bulwark due to exotherm pride). I've been thinking Klingon or Librulized Borg.

Norfleet

Honestly, even given the assumption of unlimited money, I wouldn't say Borg 2pc + EFS is a gimme anymore. That new Iconian shield offers 20% resall which is just as good as fully-stacked EFS without the need to stack up, the continual nerfing of the Borg set heals and viable alternative sources of healing with the teams decoupled and alternate sets that also provide healing (cough Solanae cough, although I wouldn't be picking that given unlimited money), there really simply are better options out there now.

As for me, my real dilemma right now is picking a race for my KDF Delta Rectum sci. Even if he's not very likely to become an active alt, I still figured I'd want to have one (since the Gorn is kinda tied to the Bulwark due to exotherm pride). I've been thinking Klingon or Librulized Borg.
Male Orion. Join the few and the proud. Also, the physical strength for delivering your asswhuppings.

Norfleet

Well, it's still the only option if you want to stand out in the crowd. All those other races are freaking overused. I see more freaking Lib Borgs and those are LTS-only than male Orions. When you make a male Orion, you're doing something different. When was the last time you saw a male Orion?

Drakron

Arcane
I once had the tamarian combadge/emote, though it was taken away from me at some point.

It was given to when Season 1 was Star Trek Offline, its something that is pretty old and like the Vet BOFFs and some Tribble DOFFs no longer reachable.

That new Iconian shield offers 20% resall

Nope, Tribble patch notes of the 17th say:

Reduced the All Energy Resistance on the Space Shield from 20% to 10%

Subject37

Educated
Hmmmmmm...

Guys, when was the last time someone was a male Orion PC?

I made one back in the fall. Sci Captain piloting a Sarr Theln drainer.

Letheans are another good option if you're looking for something unique that few people play.

Vaarna_Aarne

The biggest difficulty with making aliens for the KDF is plainly just that, well, almost all the ships are for Klingons.

Drakron

Arcane
I forgot ...

Assimilated Borg doesn't add much aside from a flat 5 to aux and eng. The 2p bonus seems neclectable. Again speed.

You are incorrect.

Each gives +5 to something, thats Aux, Engine and Shield with in the old days when the console was part of the set a +5 to weapons.

The Borg set is good for one thing, hull regen and healing thats similar to MACO ... as budget Borg is the best due to its lower cost.

Subject37

Educated
Subject, what's that sig quote from, anyway?

It's Zapp Brannigan from Futurama. He'd fit perfectly into STO's world. Here's another one of his best quotes:

Now, like all great plans, my strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it. On my command all ships will line up and file directly into the alien death cannons, clogging them with wreckage.

^ Pretty sure Shon has used this exact strategy at least once.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Hmmmmmm...

Guys, when was the last time someone was a male Orion PC?
Can't remember. Heh, can't even remember when I saw a female orion char with green skin instead of some human lookalike.
You could become a unique snowflake like me and make a fully clothed female orion! Join the SJW and fight those who want you to run around in a metal bikini!

Oooor you could make an alien and import the look of one of your fed/rom toons. Being a filthy traitor and all that...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom