Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I guess it's mostly aimed towards new players that came for the Derpa Rectum event. Those will be very happy to get an Intelboat or an Iconic ship for a reduced price now, considering they probably reached their 50s now. I for one bought my Martha on the last sale, because 2k was a reasonable price to go from T5 to T6 (and the prospect to upgrade to Fleet T6 later).
And maybe they get to sell some old boats as well, for consoles and stuff, you know.
800 Cybershekelz for the leech makes me consider buying the Vandal at least...

BTW: with fleet modules now at 400 Cybershekelz, should I buy them now? Or does a discount usually result in cheaper FMs for EC on the AH? I don't plan on buying some lockbox crap, so EC is not valueable commodity for me.

Edit: Command is meant to improve group performance, and herding players into their treasured STFs has always been their pet project. And we all know the hardcore elite players pay most of their salary after all...
The free upgrade token also only applies if your account buys a T5 for the FIRST time!

Last edited:

Davidshky

Scholar
Also STO leaks shows another Sheshar with command seating that kinda hilarious since command is complete shite.

Just checked and what the fuck... Another Sheshar!? WHY?

I would understand adding a 3rd ship for one of the hirogen, tal shiar, undine or tholian ship pairs but a second sheshar!?

eklektyk

Erudite
so hows everybody feelin about them killing off all 12 hrs assigments ?

it was really nice read on forums in what morons were doin and how ...
it was explained as "after we analized data" " we came to conclusion that there was a bug" " we fixed annomaly"
especialy liked that when after that explanation imiedietly was proven that idiots dont even read theair own system documentation and that this "bug they fixed" was put there for a reason ... all was left after was silence and whiteknighting ...
now i need to find a new drama for entertainment ...

Drakron

Arcane
I would understand adding a 3rd ship for one of the hirogen, tal shiar, undine or tholian ship pairs but a second sheshar!?

Money.

Some ships were well received in sales, others were not ... also they have no models in several cases, what 3rd Tal Shiar ship would you add? Adapted Warbird Dreadnaught?

This is why I am saying they are making a run for cash as they burned down the C-Store, they were expecting people to drop out at least 700 Zen and upgrade to T5U or buy T6 but I suspect what happened was exodus and many of the ones that remained just didnt bothered, sales suffered because you had a wide selection of ships and people would perhaps buy a ship for a alt but that was then, now they see there is no point because one day Rivera wakes up and decides to make T7 and all the T5U and T6 became obsolete since he actually said that, that another cap increase would happen.

All that happened with the JHSS, Xindi part II and all these sales is telling men that financially they took a hit, Delta Rising might been their most financially successful expansion but we can see the aftermath nullified that success entirely because it was the pack that was successful, if he made that shit at T5 it would have sold as well.

so hows everybody feelin about them killing off all 12 hrs assigments ?

They didnt touch the 5 hours ones in Undine Battleground so I am using those.

eklektyk

Erudite
im having a good laugh with damage control that is goin on now :)

so since 12 hrs ass is giving like 1/10th of old value making it even on crit totaly useless [normal noncrit 4 or 6 hrs ass will give more and wont take various commodities]

oficial response is : no worries guys we hear u telling us thers a problem with xp and we will address it soon ....

not to burst that bubble but them promising that latest nerf to xp will be followed with xp gains and "reworks" was old since before derpa shitted itself ..

simply entertainment of highest value right now :)

Davidshky

Scholar
I'm starting to wonder if cryptic has found a way to turn community hate into money or something.

eklektyk

Erudite
the best part is them deleting all old risian ships just as delta recruits were about to get them ...

forums are priceless right about now :)

Drakron

Arcane
I think they're just going to make every seasonal event use Qmendations.

They are just pathetically trying to get metrics to prove the game is not dying, its like the house is on fire and instead of trying to put out the fires they go around taking pictures of the places that arent burning to prove the house inst on fire.

I do wonder how long will PWE allow such to continue since at some point they will not be fooling anyway and it needs is a audit and heads will roll.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Is it really in that bad of shape? I just started playing, and I'm having a blast so far. I'd hate for something to happen to it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I've mostly shifted my daily online time to a different timeslot. There's not really even a single reason to call things a house on fire, this no where near the kind of debacle Module 6 alpha launch for Neverwinter has been. In fact, things are kind of pleasant and easygoing now (not to mention with Gorn Oppression nerfed I can park my alts at BE with glee).

Fair enough. Does codex have a fleet?
Yep, on both sides.

eklektyk

Erudite
most of us uses fleet holding/mine to print marks/dil and nothing more :)

that reminds me : is there a way to get rid in useful way them mine supplies from crit assigments ? it starts to clutter my inventory but i waited before trashing them just in case it might be useful for something

Drakron

Arcane
There's not really even a single reason to call things a house on fire ...

Yes, I recall what I was told that I was "exaggerating" about Delta Rising before it come out.

I am not going to suggest to anyone to jump into this shithole of a game but I am not going to stop then either, I do however will point out the following ... dont fucking expect to actually even run any kind of group content with this Fleet at any given time.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
most of us uses fleet holding/mine to print marks/dil and nothing more :)

that reminds me : is there a way to get rid in useful way them mine supplies from crit assigments ? it starts to clutter my inventory but i waited before trashing them just in case it might be useful for something
Ctrl+right-click -> Discard all.

Or just going to a vendor if you want some more EC.

There's not really even a single reason to call things a house on fire ...

Yes, I recall what I was told that I was "exaggerating" about Delta Rising before it come out.

I am not going to suggest to anyone to jump into this shithole of a game but I am not going to stop then either, I do however will point out the following ... dont fucking expect to actually even run any kind of group content with this Fleet at any given time.
Me and Blib ran Infected Space a couple of times last week and before that I acted as Norfleet's space trash cleaner in the featured eps. The main thing to realize is that nowadays running group content is not particularly necessary or efficient, it's not like how it was, lemme think, three years ago when you had to clear Elite group content to get the good stuff. Nowadays you also get the most out of a single run of each type in whatever method you choose because of the daily boxes.

And really bro, you ARE exaggerating whenever you are talking about Delta Rising.

Norfleet

Drakron exaggerates when he talks about EVERYTHING. You should basically not pay any attention to Drakron when it comes to these things. I'm the resident doom and gloom guy, you should listen to me, instead. These giant starbase things? The wife and I built those. That's pretty much a solo starbase. We're the only people to have soloed a starbase.

Anyway, the short version: Yes, things are considerably worse than they have ever been. Yes, they will continue to get worse, in accordance with the Second Law. No, I wouldn't actually recommend this game. But no, it's never as bad as Drakron says, yet.

I've mostly shifted my daily online time to a different timeslot. There's not really even a single reason to call things a house on fire, this no where near the kind of debacle Module 6 alpha launch for Neverwinter has been. In fact, things are kind of pleasant and easygoing now (not to mention with Gorn Oppression nerfed I can park my alts at BE with glee)..
Drakron is right about this, though. You ARE never online. I know this because I PRACTICALLY NEVER SEE YOU. And what's BE? This some new silly Vaarna thing you do?

And don't mistake "Easygoing" for "Boring", because someone else did it for you. Otherwise you'd all be slaving away trying to still build T4 of the base, SLACKERS.

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
But no, it's never as bad as Drakron says, yet.

Its just boring, I am saying this with a game with hundred of things to do but NOTHING to do, there are thing you want but its a sluggish way to get there because queues are either dead or nearly empty and they also pay shit half the time, when I do Brotherhood of the Sword and look at 20 marks at the end I just "why did I ever bothered?" there are no real rewards because even Reputation Gear is just Mk XII and they are expecting you to upgrade to Mk XIV but its not just the system is bad, its by their own words incomplete.

Sure you will have "fun" until the novelty is over, this is true in all MMOs but then what community you have to keep you there? People stay for the people they meet there and ... lets say, I have a much thicker skin that I thought or I am far more stubborn about decisions I made in the past because it certain aint for the people since who is around when I am? nobody ... cannot make any meaningful progress, nobody to talk and honestly, there are people I now *DONT* want to talk to, sick and tired of the sociopaths in the community.

Norfleet

Well, you just need to find the right motivation for being there. One which has nothing to do with the other people, or "fun". I hate fun.

Davidshky

Scholar
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23858201#post23858201

At least some good news.

We will be making every event ship you’ve ever earned and every event ship moving forward total account unlocks. As soon as one character on your account owns a ship, every single other character on your account that exists now or you will ever create will have immediate access to any event ship you’ve earned. There will be no need for your alts to play the event mission, no hoops to fly through other than picking up the ship from a store. Hopefully taking this extra step will address any lingering concerns you have with the overall change. Thanks for reading this far, and I look forward to seeing you on Risa soon!

So no more waiting for the next event to get the special event ships for our alts. I assume this also means we'll be able to discard and reclaim these ships whenever we want which will also be nice. I guess that this won't apply to the standard obelisk or the dyson destroyers since they cost fleet stuff/lobi crystals but it would be nice if my future alts could get the kobali cruiser.

Drakron

Arcane
Sure, its some good news, I could buy the command cruisers without being stuck at a 3/4 set if I ever suffer nearly enough brain damage to make me comatose.

Then again it doesnt solve the issue, 25 days and 2/3 of the people will ditch that shitty event due to the grind for favors lopsided events, P2W racing boards and the insane costs of character unlocks, not that bothers some, heck I was dead sure I had 1000 Pearls somewhere yet after a basic pass I only found 40 in a character so this 25 days thing was going to happen no matter what but I dread the Anniversary and in the Winter event I raced extra for nothing.

The problem is, they want us there to justify their job but we dont want to be there because it blows and instead of improving it (a simple 1 Pearls= 10 Favors would already make more people participate) they simply try to arm twist us into being there, lets see the metrics of the 26th day and beyond.

Plus was this intended all along or damage control? either way it doesnt show a pretty picture as they are either too stupid to realize that of if they had stated such most people would not been so angry (of course, there are stlll the new players that would be missing out) or that the house that isnt on fire but just have a very elaborate fireplace that extends across all rooms simply cannot afford to lose players ... not I am in any say suggesting that no Sir, Delta Rising is the best expansion and the players love it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom