Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

I was new and space broke two years ago, then I learned the secret of doffing and selling bullshit to morons. It all adds up if you keep the mill running for long enough. Lessons learned well, in other words.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Just got this email

Thank you for flying alongside us! We are giving you a powerful gift that will help you on your journey! Use the code below to claim your FREE Andromeda Class Exploration Cruiser and enough XP to set your highest level character to 60!

If your character is already close to level 60, any additional XP will spill over into Specialization Points so you don't miss out on any of your bonus! Login today and enjoy an incredibly smooth Star Trek experience, Captains!
Also there's a double xp weekend, I guess this is the best time to see how the game has changed/declined/inclined. Haven't played for 2 years or something. I think I got ~100 hours of gameplay out of it and didn't pay a cent.

Last edited:

Norfleet

Also there's a double xp weekend, I guess this is the best time to see how the game has changed/declined/inclined. Haven't played for 2 years or something. I think I got ~100 hours of gameplay out of it and didn't pay a cent.
100 hours is kind of a shit standard for a game, especially an MMO. It means the game didn't even last a week.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Good, so the amount of ship slots won't be an issue for this card game. Finally a use for all those event ships I never unwrapped!
I hope there will be missions rewarding spacepotatos. PWE has removed the possibility to earn them in Neverwinter via professions, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do not add new ways with admirality.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Quantum Phase Catalysts 3 piece bonus... Could it be?

E7wNy7h.gif

Muh Yamato cannon?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I for one am already happy that we finally get a set with +phaser. Sucks for my beloved cotton candy torpedo though. It's also the shortes FE ever, making repeating it a breeze. Now if they only add something better to get marks than STFs with only 5 people queued...

Also why are event ships so much more powerful than a fleet t6 in admirality? I am not amused. Thankfully you can just add and disband those ugly buggers and they still appear in your roster. Stupid luxury cruiser outperforming Starfleet's finest... yeah right.

eklektyk

Erudite
event ships are bestest to further annoy people with their 180' on they are ships for one season only and u can never get them ever stupidity...
so nothing new and all well at cryptic

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Cruisers with BFAW are the easiest way to play right now, aimed towards filthy casuals with no clue. They also seem to have tuned down the difficulty quite a lot for FEs, at least my beloved Guardian saw only dmg to his shields when I clipped into a tholian net and couldn't do anything for a while. Nothing like the heralds where 3 fighters could ram your lame duck Derpidex into oblivion.

I haven't had the time to check the revamped Cardassian arc yet, so... is it shit? Or good for what it is?

Drakron

Arcane
Quantum Phase Catalysts 3 piece bonus... Could it be?

Muh Yamato cannon?

No, there is a Quantum Phase Lance Power Icon but thats not the 3p power of that set, that seems to be a leech type ability.

But there are just one Quantum set, there are apparent two with the other being Engine, Shield and Secondary Deflector and as the 2p power is apparently a reduces shield damage, the 3p wasnt found yet.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You got it wrong, the 3p power of Phased Catalysts is Quantum Destabilizing Beam, which is both a "heavy damage" for 10 seconds (previewing it just says 0 damage, which is either things WORKING AS INTENDED, or tooltip bug) AND power drain at the same time. I think the power may have been called a Lance power at some point, or it may just be the name of the icon, but I don't think they call it a Lance beam anymore since Lance beams seem to have this whole "single big shot" thing going for it and this is a supposedly high damage DoT beam.

(Though I don't mind even meager damage IF it looks like a sustained BO beam)

Drakron

Arcane
This shit been leaked, thats were I am looking at.

The Quantum Phaser Lance is just a icon, there is nothing about it and the Space set 3p was not found, there is also a icon for Energy Weapon Entanglement.

Davidshky

Scholar
I just looked through this list of all the admirality system ship cards and their bonuses.

Looks like it might be worth it to buy some romulan mirror ships just for the ship cards. "Ignores +ENG/SCI/TAC from Events" is pretty damn useful and the "-25% Maintenance per Eng/Sci/TacShip" bonus could also be good to have.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
My Derpa Rectum FedSci has a better fleet than my main Fedling, since she still has all the mid tier Sciboats undisbanded, while all my C-Store/Event ships are extremly unsciency. Just the Dyson and one 200k canoe makes the faction of scientists and explorers look more warlike than the klingonesians.
Too bad I didn't grind for the Risian 'vette this year. Way to go past me!

Question now is: rather buy one t4 ship or 2 t3 ships for the same price... so many ships, so few potatos... Are the dil ships discounted right now, or is the price generally so low these days?
Is there a Lobi store ship worth buying? I think I might have some Lobi lying around somewhere.

Edit: also for the extra lulz: klingon ship's tac values are pretty lulzy compared to other species, with the T6 Akira packing moah dakka than the fleet t6 Martha.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Don't forget to pick up the free Enterprise bundle while you still can, admirality can always use another failboat for those 150 sci missions.

Also: T6 Pilot Defiant/B'rel/T'varo coming up. Big surprise, eh? A little too late for my Potatosack tho. Two LtCmdr and one Cmdr universal for the B'rel is sure nice, but 4 tac consoles? T'varo even only 3.
Console could be intersting for a torpedo boat setup.
Mastery trait increases duration of Scatter Volley by 4 seconds.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
To quote Norfleet's unlimited wisdom: "When you have no chance to meet the requirements, send the failboat." Saves you a skip token.

I swear the game checks what ships you have before generating missions. My klang always gets missions with HUEG engineering reqs (since she has mostly rapetors), while my main fedling drownig in cruisers gets only sci bullshit. Only thing missing is a popup "We noticed a lack of Science ships in your roster, click here to buy more". :argh:

eklektyk

Erudite
i do wonder tho what ships u need for those 180+ sci bulshit they like to throw ... with 3 slots for an assigment i cant even do it with my main who has bestest ships i managed to snag ... i start to suspect heavy p2w in this one :)

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I bought the 2 T5 Sci dinghies when they were discounted plus one 200k boat. They only come with some 40ish sci stat. You have to buy derpless/scryer/pathfinder to get the 60+ out of it. P2W for a T6 all star team or deal with <100% success chance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom