Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Davidshky

Scholar
Also, according to Borticus they're buffing cannons and nerfing beams a little bit.

There's more to this than is covered in the blog, as well. We have also normalized the drop-off between Cannons and Beams, as part of these changes. Both have the same drop-off calculations, now.

Previously:
  • Cannons lost 60% of their base damage potential at 10km
  • Beams lost 40% of their base damage potential at 10km
Now:
  • Both lose 50% of their base damage potential at 10km (and this loss can be mitigated with the new Skill)

Drakron

Arcane
I do like this talk about "coordination protocols", since my current main is a carrier skipper.

I dont because its 2-3 out of 46 points I never see back on something that is entirely dedicated to a very specific type of ship and carriers pets still remain erratic ... depends were it is and what points you invested overall but its something you only do if you dont intent to leave that ship ever.

I like grouping things under exotic particles and control because some stuff required such point investment you never did it it, like Subspace Decompiler, and we had things like armor and plating were the returns were so bad for the points and the cost was so high you at best put just 3 points into it, beyond that the cost and return was simply horrible.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I am slightly optimistic as well here. Seperating gorund and space skills is already a good thing, since, as his norfleetiness puts it: "ground is lol", and putting points into ground before you can continue with space skill always annoyed me.
Concentrating the ground stuff into "kit" could also be a good thing, at least I vaguely remember being pissed that all of my preferred kit abilities were in different skills.

We'll see what eventually comes out of it. It's still PWE we are talking about, so I smell a backdoor coming for "open lockboxes to get moah skillpoints" or some other greedy scheme.

Norfleet

We'll see what eventually comes out of it. It's still PWE we are talking about, so I smell a backdoor coming for "open lockboxes to get moah skillpoints" or some other greedy scheme.
I don't think it will be a lockbox. I think it'll be the next fleet holding, upgrade to T3 and get more skillpoints. If anything.

eklektyk

Erudite
well this is crapic - of course they will fuck it up :)

as a side note i loooked up with slight itch to play for this weekend thanks to xp event [ aother thing they "fixed" ] but as per usual operating procedure at tle last fucking moment thay switch to marks .... i aint login in for that ...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So they want us to play other shitty games to earn maybe 500-1000 zen, just so they can say "even our shittiest game has 10000 players, look at the metrics!"? How gullible are their chinese ovenlords actually?

Drakron

Arcane
Ha ha ha ha ... yes and conversion is roughly 1000 ARC points -> $1 worth Zen apparently, you can see the example quests how bad this is going to be to just get 10 Zen, you would be better off Dil Farming at 500:1 since you would get 16 Zen if you meet the Dil Daily Refining limit.

Sure its about 100 Zen per $1 but look at those quests payout and the requirements.

Last edited:

Norfleet

So they want us to play other shitty games to earn maybe 500-1000 zen, just so they can say "even our shittiest game has 10000 players, look at the metrics!"? How gullible are their chinese ovenlords actually?
Not that gullible, since it doesn't cost them anything to do that.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Is nobody playing this game anymore? Just accidently found out there is a mandatory grinding event active. There was a time when it was proudly announced here... :cry:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
That's technically more than the usually CC/Brobisek mandatory grind throws up. Like ground combat weapyns you never use. At least an OP card giveth you moah potatos in the long run.

Also next season brings us the Romulard campaign, rewarding shit and Brobisek's own ship. Probably named after his mother, the only person he allows backtalking to him without eating his magnometic fist in return.

how could you? according to the codex you're retarded if you just only say its name out loud.

i lucked out on the latest quest and got the maniacs as third step, i started building the new frame today. it looks powerful, those i met were keeping up with my ember prime's damage. maybe it's fun too, i'm going to know in three days.
i'm also working on the saryn prime, but it's hard to find t3 surv/ext teams.

eklektyk

Erudite
i got friggin juggernauts to kill ....tried to span them but so far no luck ...

and no i wont grind on all my alts their reterded queue just for an admirality card - no thnk you NO

juggs are the second easiest.
either high level infested missions (go to eris, pick your favourite, there's plenty) or go for the jug behemot boss in golem mission, it counts too.
the bursas are the only true pain in the ass.

eklektyk

Erudite
just did them - exterminate on eris with ember and run thru mobs to lure out that sucker and simaris simulrom op to kill it fast - easy peasy

bursas are easy too:

1.go for corpus map
2.trip alarm
3.?Profit?

all parts are cooking now but i can tell that last fight was some A grade bullshit and it forced me to run back on map and grab spare ammo and use health and energy restores aplenty ...

bursas ain't that easy, because only one of them is a valid target and only one of them spawns at a time.

i hadn't many problems with the last fight. two men team, my ember and an excalibur. we just sat down and enjoyed the fireworks.

eklektyk

Erudite
well i made a mistake and went solo :)

and they applied hotfix so before if you hacked bursa it made it not count towards collection goal and now it suposedly works fine
and i guess they fixed cats spawning outside accesible areas on map so that without aor you were fucked on that mission also

Drakron

Arcane
Is nobody playing this game anymore? Just accidently found out there is a mandatory grinding event active. There was a time when it was proudly announced here... :cry:

I am ... kinda, I did say I was going to Black Desert.

I am simply just running maintenance in STO, this event is not exactly grindable anyway so I am doing with just 1 character in case its account unlocked at some point, the unique reward is just meh for the time-effort required.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea the mission is much longer than Brobisek's space crib or breaking up the CE-Tholian Romance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom