Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

exe

Augur
So I made a KDF Tac, but there are the 3 skilltrees, does your class choice not affect them? Since I have no clue, where should I put my first points into? What the difference between energy and projectile weapons?
There seem to be 3 currencies, the Z one seems to be the premium one. But where do I get Credits or the purple stuff from, I have done some plotline mission, but have only gotten items and XP.
I also found some provisions and medical supplies, are those healthkit for spaceships?

Norfleet

You're way too new to worry about a skilltree. Just leave it alone, you're not even level 50 yet.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Credits come normally on the road and are worth nothing in the endgame. Dilithium (spacepotatos) ARE the endgame. Norfleet will show you how to farm them efficiently. Zen is the "pay us real money" currency, but can be converted from potatos. That's why you farm them.

Provisions and other commodities are only needed for DOFFing later, you can just sell them.

If you post your charname@handle here, I can mail you some credits to spend on booze and hookers family friendly stuff.

Drakron

Arcane
Cryptic and PW continue to show their incompetence.

Its 2016, consoles of this generation are very much DOA, they even pulled that stunt with Neverwinter that at least had MS money for exclusivity ... a six year old game were PW and Cryptic reputation already is known with the consoletards? I am suprised Sony lets PW with 100 foot of their servers let alone Cryptic.

Fishing for suckers is what this is ...

Drakron

Arcane
Also expansion is closer that one might thought, 2 TOS missions hit Tribble just now.

Drakron

Arcane
No, its going to come out much sooner then that ... LoR was announced about 2 months before release and if Cryptic was aiming at a September release we would had something like a season or half before that.

There is no way its going to stay in Tribble for 3-4 months, at best a couple of months or it would not be put in Tribble testing.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So, did you test them on tribble? If so, what is your verdict?

a) This is shit, who designed this shit?
b) It's good for what it is. Being a piece of shit.
c) Banal boring shit.
d) Pretty colors!
e) Hell froze over, stuff is decent.

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't know. Ran into a bug that halted all progression in the first 5 mins. Couldn't be bothered to try more.

I did notice it seemed to have some sort of film grain effect that had no toggle in the settings, to turn it off.

Drakron

Arcane
So, did you test them on tribble? If so, what is your verdict?

Its the same old, nothing new ... same overall design we seen before, its like they cannot really get out of "pew pew happens" and their mission structure suffers from "were I have seen this before", its alright but it aint breaking new grounds or offering new type of gameplay, same old ... same old.

Of course it helps they are starting missions and there are just 5 (since only are listed in the journal, there is the tutorial making it 6) were I expect 5 missions being exclusive to TOS Feds with the rest being part of the Temporal Moronic War, the deskbanging will likely come from those.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Well, that actually sounds not as bad as expected. If they avoid padding it with sector patrols like Derpa Raisin, it could end up being a decent ride.

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
hahahaohwow.jpg

It seems every time I check back in on this game it's declined another few steps. Either they've fucked around with the leveling system again, added new "premium" ships or added another 20 currencies. But now it's going to CONSOLES?

Just. wow.

Also, they did fuck around with the skill system

Also also, nice Chroma effects for my funkadelik keyboard, but there's no option to disable them and I liked my own custom ones more, I made the important keys different colours. Now everything is just red, green or blue with a Starfleet logo.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Well, the game runs on selling premium ships after all.
PWE's main focus for income these days seems to be getting new players, have them spend a bunch of dorrars on ships and stuff, before they move on. Lack of endgame content to keep people does the rest. Seems to have worked out for Neverwinter's console port if they do it for STO now as well.

I guess the whales are not willing to pay as they used to or finally decided to move on. +M

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But if it's new players all the time, why add more and more ridiculous ships? That seems more geared towards whales that already paid for other ships.

If they wanted new players all the time they could just keep selling Odysseys like they always have.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
PWE is definitly aiming for those Xbawx completionist types with the new temporal recruit stuff this time.
Rewards are given for reaching max Doff ranks in all comendations, maxing all 3 admirality campaigns, maxing all reps and maxing 3 primary specs.
:0-13:
Rewards better be worth it for that extra month of hassle! I haven't even maxed 3 primary specs on any of my old chars

Drakron

Arcane
Thats not the funny stuff you know ... since AoY is unlikely to be in the console for a while (just like Neverwinter consoles lagged behind PC releases), its the incomming JJ Trek stuff that been found, IQ Leaks is saying the first Romulan Carrier will be the Nerada, the Kelvin and Vengence are mentioned too with the D4 being the KDF ship.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yeah, saw the screens of the GayGay Trek NPC spawning on Tribble's ESD. Not a bad move actually, finally puggies can't screw up their loadout by putting turrets into each spot. :salute:

Did they ever fix the NPC Scimiturd's loadout btw? I remember Admiral Battletits going full turret spam during the dyson sphere mission...

Drakron

Arcane
They dont fix their terrible bad loadouts in ships you are forced to use, they dont fix them on NPC ships either.

eklektyk

Erudite
saw thers crystal en event - went to look it up = its another freaking console reward ....

i aint grinding all my toons thru this shit for a console i cant install anyways coz all slots are always filled full of other shit all the time ...

plus incming time grindathlon of a month is not making me all that warm&fuzzy inside about sto atm

Norfleet

CE event is really extra-short now, I haven't seen one last longer than 30 seconds. Did you see the latest patch notes, where they finally fixed the case of "optional not rewarded because the snowflake is blown to bits before it even releases one blast"?

Drakron

Arcane
Even in the old days CC event was just 5 minutes tops unless the PUG really sucked, it was never as bad as Mirror Mandatory 15 Minutes of Waiting or This Takes Too Fucking Long Breach ... Breach was fine as queue outside paying shit (but all queues pay shit, this is why they are dead) that should never be made a event but this is Cryptic ...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
30 seconds per run is still about 5-10 mins each day if I cycle the usual suspects through it! THAT'S TOO LONG. Well, actually it isn't. Should give it a test run. Free potatos are always good.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I think someone mistyped "bondage" as "vintage" in the Summer Event blog posts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom