Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Hey, it's the stuff from that "Gay masters of Someplanet" TOS episode. The costume designer back then really knew how to bring segsey stuff past the censor. :salute:

And all those ERPers on Risia will certainly approve of it. :retarded:

Ship's not to shabby as well. Another stoopid grenade for tacs again. Ah well, can't have everything.

Also the caracals look like evil cats with bunny ears. Feeling triggered already Aarne?+M

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Dat scavenger hunt minigame... everytime you think cryptic can't get any worse, they manage to prove you wrong. :argh:
The scanner is completely pointless and sends you in random directions, sometimes even AWAY from the dig site. You are better off just beelining for the spawn points and only scan there.
And to add insult injury not every hunt adds to that shitty accolade. I once got "pile of rubble" that didn't add, so it's even moah than 20 hunts for that shit. Strangely I found some "Vorgon floor plans" once, with the game telling me something got unlocked in the store now. Didn't find anything, so maybe it's a new bridge for the squidship or smth... whatever.

Screw that, going back to dance dance revolution for better rewards with low effort. Do the SnaaaAAAaaaeeeeeK. :?

Norfleet

You should have listened to me when I told you this. Anything I'm not doing isn't worth doing.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
You are not my real mom! I do it anyway, realize you were right, but damn I will never admit it! :obviously:

I miss the Norfleet DDR KKKollective. +M

Norfleet

DDR swarm still there, bigger, better, than before. You just don't get to watch anymore because I have full instance cockblock now, so it's a private DDR instance.

Drakron

Arcane
Well some of the Temporal ships stats are now up in case anyone wants to know.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/st...203-star-trek-online:-23rd-century-ship-stats

Its missing the 4 Feds and 3 Cross ones, it seems Delta Rising being so loved that they are resorting to put specialized ships on the lower tiers to sell them, or maybe they realized what a stupid idea is the TOS faction and they are going all in to sell those ships.

Should have made Cardies but then again, Cardiies would need more that 6 out of 12 missions to be a faction.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Delta Raisin was the best expansions and players still love it!+M
Still don't understand why people would want to fly those things endgame...

They should make a Borg faction instead. I'd even take the cooperative after our heroical struggle to become an individum again. Romulard style.

Cardies would be... similar. After being bombed to Oblivion and back, the new reformed pussies want to join the fed/kdf... naaah thanks.

Drakron

Arcane
Borg would be retarded and only appeals to the special snowflakes like that SJW that is a now moderator... The Cooperative is kinda dumb because if they are disconnected from the Collective they would want to return to their own species, unless they were either too far away from their species or their species was completely assimilated (of course what would stop them from rebuilding their civilization, Cryptic as usual missed the point of that episode were they had to put then back into the link as otherwise they would fight each other, former Norg drones simply do not get along because they are former Borg drones.

Cardies at least would not require that much work, they already have the visual sets and could expand the Cardassian Straggler instead of being what it is now, everything BUT Cardies.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
IIRC the show cooperative dinnae want to return to the collective, they just had to create their own hivemind to avoid the different species killing each other. Then live in peace and stuff.

Remember the Romulards. Instead of sneaky basterds we got some treehuggers trying to make the universe a better place.
Would totally work for the NotBorg as well. After being forced to assimilate/kill a lot of innocent people, they now want to repent their sins by helping the Fedlings making the universe an even better place! By conquest if you join KDF.
First mission you get disconnected from the collective by a SPACE MAGIC event, get approached by and join the Cooperative, find New Borgulus as a planet to settle on... It would be fun! Or NotFun.

Cardies on the other hand.. nobody likes them. They are, liek, spacenazis. We already have klangs for being the militaristic race. What would their story consist of? Bringing CardASSia back to their spiritual ways? Nah, can't see that happen.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So they trying to bring the expose/exploit -ish mechanic into SPACE now... dis gun be gud, because

Temp BOFFS only on ships with temp seating

Either it will be banal boring shit and we stay at DPS online, or it will be the new king making it a blatant pay2win move. Or not, considering that PvP is dead and buried.

The temp spec looks interesting for SPACE wizards tho, lots of +exotic and +particle gen to be found.

Norfleet

Either it will be banal boring shit and we stay at DPS online, or it will be the new king making it a blatant pay2win move. Or not, considering that PvP is dead and buried.
These aren't mutually exclusive options. It could be the new king *AND* we stay at DPS Online. In fact, I'm almost CERTAIN we will stay at DPS Online NO MATTER WHAT. DPS Online, DPS Online never changes. I mean, how would we STOP being DPS Online? Start having missions where murdering anything isn't required? So long as we must kill, there will be DPS Online.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
New free potatos reputation grind incoming:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10019593-star-trek-online:-temporal-defense-reputation

Marks and item seems to be available in the badlands battlezone, not too bad for a daily pick up.

Console description looks decent, but no stats yet.

Tac kit module looks interesting for once, it's a homing mini torpedo spread. If it's cone is larger than the photon grenade area, I may finally switch out my photon grenades. With all that running around now, a homing grenade might be a real upgrade.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
If these
http://imgur.com/a/oe1y9
are really the final rewards for the AoY chars, there are some sweet things among them.

53JBFvr.png

:retarded:
This can't be real, right?

Drakron

Arcane
Keep in mind it says "of your choice" meaning that isnt going to be given to complete one rep ... its going to be given for completing ALL the reps.

Norfleet

One rep, all the reps, what's the difference, really? It's not as if by now we don't have All The Tokens. Why would you NOT run them all at once to maximize the purplebox?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yeah, that is most likely the reward for completing all reps. But still no biggie. With sponsorship and all the extra marks the agent of yesterderp gets only the new rep will take a little longer. Daily reward packages still provide the rest for low effort. Use the free marks to jumpstart, then the usual grindcycle, with a new double shift in the badlands.
Waiting to buy the Ico set until after that might be worth it.

The reward for maxing 3 specs is thankfully not THAT great to make it mandatory. Neither is admirality.
Doff roster expansion looks nice, but I still remember what a pita it was to grind some of them to max. We'll see. Time to catch borgkittehs again, gotta collect them all.

Only issue "might" be turning flarks into fledits if they don't add a new base expansion (and Norfleet generously donating 1 million potatos)...

Edit: I am already curious if that will revive dyson ground zone for a while, sometimes I miss bitchslapping dinosaurs...+M

Last edited:

Norfleet

Don't worry, turning marks into credits is easy as shit if you're willing to take some initiative. Or just abuse our attached bank fleets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom