Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official update to bannable offenses on RPGCodex

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
bollocks.jpg

sstacks

Arcane
Crazy hallucinations and voices in the head is like TV/Radio to many people, and society forces them to take crazy pills. Anyone who finds watching other people play video games more interesting than pretty much any other activity has to be considered almost as crazy and forced to take pills.

Please tell me this. I buy games to play them myself. Why should I, as a sane person, ever watch you play a game? To ruin it for me? So I can overcome my own stupidity and learn how to play it "right." Because my taste is so bad I find you more entertaining the a game I actually paid money for and decided to not have refunded?

Try to sell this to me. What is your pitch? What can I get from watching you play a game? Because from where I am sitting this looks like monkeys throwing shit at stupider and crazier monkeys and them just lapping the feces up in some sort of cult like ritual of stupidity.

I have no desire to try to "sell it to you."

Like most things in life, you're either into it or not. If I spent my life running around trying to give everyone attention that folds their arms and sniffs and says "show me" that would be a very wasted life indeed :P

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Why should I, as a sane person, ever watch you play a game?

This was pretty funny to me. I was entertained. The beginning is meh, but the crappiness of the game makes it funny (for me) after like 5 minutes of watching the LP.

That is a good game. Games with bad translations can still be good games. Look at Starpoint Gemini, or Planet Alcatraz, or (though I am not a big fan) the e5 series or Marauder. There are a ton of examples. It isn't expensive either, so people could buy, try, and return if they wanted. I have learned over the years people have very poor taste and to never listen to anyone because I end up with shit depthless games like all the Bioware and CD Project games, and miss the real gems. Steam's return policy has removed the last barrier to making anything but your own opinion useless. Reviews have always been useless, but now everything else it too.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Crazy hallucinations and voices in the head is like TV/Radio to many people, and society forces them to take crazy pills. Anyone who finds watching other people play video games more interesting than pretty much any other activity has to be considered almost as crazy and forced to take pills.

Please tell me this. I buy games to play them myself. Why should I, as a sane person, ever watch you play a game? To ruin it for me? So I can overcome my own stupidity and learn how to play it "right." Because my taste is so bad I find you more entertaining the a game I actually paid money for and decided to not have refunded?

Try to sell this to me. What is your pitch? What can I get from watching you play a game? Because from where I am sitting this looks like monkeys throwing shit at stupider and crazier monkeys and them just lapping the feces up in some sort of cult like ritual of stupidity.

I have no desire to try to "sell it to you."

Like most things in life, you're either into it or not. If I spent my life running around trying to give everyone attention that folds their arms and sniffs and says "show me" that would be a very wasted life indeed :P

Fair enough and reasonable enough; and even true enough too. But, like cell phones and passing lane cruisers, people watching other people play video games is adding to the complete decline of civilization so I will continue to hate it as a truly civilize person should hate anything that threatens the future and potential of mankind.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For all your talking shit about muh deep RPG and pokeman (god just use pokemon. You are not a child that need some insult name to make your argument more valid) is a kid game, while it is pretty simple on the surface and when played on single player, the actual system is more complicated. If you try playing it competitively, even for a TB game, will get your arse kicked roqua. WHat does it need to do to become a "mature" game? Some gritty plotlines involving hooker and blackjack?

And regarding watching people play game, as people said, it is no different than watching sports. I can do sports. I have time to play sports. The same case with videogames. Does sport is not invented to be played instead of to be watched? There are times when people just want to kickback, turn off most brain function after 10 hours grueling work and 2 hours commute, and enjoy something without too much thinking. There are times that I want to compare how well I did compared to people better at playing video games than I do.

Klarion

Arcane
Anyone who mentions anything about pokeman or pokeman anything will be banned immediately and permanently. Anyone old enough to post on the internet should be executed outright for playing little toddler games like pokeman as a non-toddler but the most we can do is IP ban them. But please keep in mind you should be executed for playing pokeman while also being older than six years old even if we are unable to perform this needed public service due to current technological limitations.

This also goes for Minecraft and other children's games. Stop this nonsense immediately. Grow the fuck up a little and help make the world a little more sane.

Dark Underworld is currently deciding if it will be a bannable offense to talk about watching other people playing video games, promote the watching of other people playing video games, or the strong suspicion of someone liking to watch people play video games rather than playing the fucking game yourself like a fucking normal person.

The above rules will be in place and enforced at the time of this posting.

You have been warned. We are watching you.

Regards,

RPGCodex Administrators

Allahu AkbaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

:fires from his kalashnikov to sky a few times:

Roqua

Prospernaut
For all your talking shit about muh deep RPG and pokeman (god just use pokemon. You are not a child that need some insult name to make your argument more valid) is a kid game, while it is pretty simple on the surface and when played on single player, the actual system is more complicated. If you try playing it competitively, even for a TB game, will get your arse kicked roqua. WHat does it need to do to become a "mature" game? Some gritty plotlines involving hooker and blackjack?

And regarding watching people play game, as people said, it is no different than watching sports. I can do sports. I have time to play sports. The same case with videogames. Does sport is not invented to be played instead of to be watched? There are times when people just want to kickback, turn off most brain function after 10 hours grueling work and 2 hours commute, and enjoy something without too much thinking. There are times that I want to compare how well I did compared to people better at playing video games than I do.

Why would I use pokeman? It is for kids. And I'm sure that I would get my ass kicked at super competitive Shoots and Ladders or the game Sorry!, even for TB games.

Mature games do not have a target audience that include 6 to 12 year old kids. That is Pokeman's core audience. That is the core audience of Minecraft, and other little kids shit. Why is this so hard for your fucking monkeys to understand? Some products, mostly hipster and console shit, is made specifically to appeal to little kids and stupid adults who do not like thinking or depth or complexity such as Bioware games, Bethesda games, CD Project games, Harry Potter, Hunger Game, the Vampire and Werewolf love story books and movies, etc. This is fodder for the monkey consumers who let society think for them, and little kids who are stilling learning how to think, never mind think for themselves. This is all fact. All of this is done on purpose. That is why adults and children now have the same fashion taste and like the same brands. The homogenization and consumerization of the biggest audience possible - kids, stupids, and hipsters. If you are one you will deny and regurgitate and blah blah blah all day and never get it and never see it, and be all giddy with excitement over the next big thing like a idiotphone 8.2s, or a new Harry poet, or a new Dragon Age.

Watching people play video games is not like watching people watch sports unless you only watch competitive esports. Do you? No. Do the majority of people watch the best people play competitively? No, they watch minecraft, and roblox, and five nights at freddies, and the same shit my kids watch.

This is literally equivalent to watching a janitor mop the bathroom at a football stadium. 99% of everyone is watching the janitor mop the bathroom and clean toilets, and 1% are watching the game.

Do you travel two hours and buy 100$ tickets to watch peewee football or T-Ball? No. People watch professional athletes compete. If you are watching professional video game players compete against each other in a competitive game your analogy is fucking retarded. If you are watching some fucking retard play a single player game, especially an rpg, you are a fucking moron. Period. There is no argument here. This is how it is. Play the fucking game yourself. There is a 99% chance the game is ridiculously easy and only a brain dead monkey cretin could find it challenging. Did you think the new fake Fall Outs where difficult or any of the Dragon Ages or Kotors or Witchers? If so, you are a fucking idiot or you have MS (witch is a damn fine excuse for sucking at the twitchier games).

So, it seems to me like you are not good at thinking, making analogies, or life in general. Why should I or anyone listen to anything you have to say?

Space Insect

Arcane
I for one wouldn't watch a game because it is too hard for me to play. I would watch it if the story is good but C&C or gameplay extremely limited. It is also a great way to save the money that you seem to have in infinite amounts. btw I support your plan for a separate whitelisted subforum with you as administrator.

Roqua

Prospernaut
I for one wouldn't watch a game because it is too hard for me to play. I would watch it if the story is good but C&C or gameplay extremely limited. It is also a great way to save the money that you seem to have in infinite amounts. btw I support your plan for a separate whitelisted subforum with you as administrator.

Guess what also has good stories and is meant to be watched? Movies, shows, plays, performances, anything without the word game. Games are specifically and purposefully meant to be played. Also, any device you can watch video games being played on can also function as a watching device for the aforementioned items as well as a reading device for the best storytelling medium - books.

Stop being a fucking idiot and watching people play games and either play the fucking game or watch something meant to be watched.

You fucking monkey people are just throwaway corporate customer fodder. Your only function in this world is to be a mindless automaton doing what your betters decide is cool or hip to do at the time. You have all just pissed on the only gifts in life that really matter - free will and autonomy. The homogenous mass of monkey savages wearing the same clothes (kids, teens, club goers, and parents), the same brands, the same phones, watching the same videos, using the same words incorrectly like meme, all spelling the same words incorrectly, etc. This abnormal normal does not make you belong to something greater - it just makes you a one of the rest of the homogenous target market and an easy customer.

If you play pokeman as an adult or watch other people play non-esport super elite playing video games on the internet you need to reflect on what you are doing. What the fuck are you doing? This is not right. Kids should think their parents dress like idiots and parents should think their kids dress like idiots instead of them all going to North Face Gap land to buy the same fucking skinny jeans with the same crooked hat wearing with the same fucking retarded phones watching the same fucking videos and movies and pokeman and everything else. Just one big lump of mindless target market stupids, thinking the same things and forwarding the same pictures and cat videos. Invasion of the mind givers.

Monk

Arcane
Well, it applies to watching someone play video games versus playing the video game and everything you can think of.

As proved by my post and the other person's post the tiers of goodness are as follows

Tier 1 (The best goodness ever) is just imagining things
Tier 2(The second goodness level) is watching people do things that you could easily do, like walking, sitting, watching people watch TV, watching people play video games, watching people write, etc.
Tier 3 (The least goodness level, otherwise known as dumb stupid things) doing something or using something for its intended purpose like watching a movie instead of watching someone watch a movie, playing a video game instead of watching someone play a video game, buying clothes instead of watching other people buy clothes.

Is that a "yes," then?

thesoup

Arcane
Roqua cares deeply about how to spell "cuckold", yet doesn't care to spell "pokemon" right. Clearly being a cuck is a very serious and mature thing for the likes of serious adults such as himself, unlike pokemens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom