Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oldage: Tactics Online - Early Access LIVE! Now with more Nazis!

Farage

Arcane
Patron
We live baby

pls play

Last edited by a moderator:

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Look,
Legs are great - i love legs - they're my favorite
But sometimes, time is short and budgets are low so you gotta rip em' off y'know?
The first version of the game had feet but they looked like Penguins so i rip em off too
Thank you for your robust contribution by the way, i appreciate it

J1M

Arcane
Sounds cool, reminds me of kung-fu chess. I don't think a video for each unit needs to be more than a minute though.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Heres a new cool biome i'm making its the swamp
giphy.gif

So the idea is that if you Queue up with > 5 units, you'll fight in the Forest Biome, which is 11x11
If you queue up with <= 5 units, you'll fight in the Swamp, which is 7x7 (as seen above)
The reason is quite simple, fewer units in a big ass map is just boring and not very challenging

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been looking for a chess like / turnbased strategy game to play lately.

If you have a demo or need a play tester let me know. I love these kinds of games.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
I've been looking for a chess like / turnbased strategy game to play lately.

If you have a demo or need a play tester let me know. I love these kinds of games.
I will actually need playtesters, thanks! I'm almost at that point, there's still a few things to do before opening the servers for testers.

Also, heres the tavern progressing into a neat gif - its low quality but i think it shows nicely how it goes

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Made another Unit Preview video.
I'm trying to improve on the format really hard... I guess editing is not my forte

Farage

Arcane
Patron
upload_2017-8-16_19-23-8.png

Hey guys i just wanna make a quick update to let you know that the game isn't dead
I've been working on a lot of stuff on the game to get it to the final stages, mainly on the UI
upload_2017-8-16_19-40-31.png
And i've been editing a lot of videos to explain how the game works
upload_2017-8-16_19-31-38.png

upload_2017-8-16_19-31-24.png

upload_2017-8-16_19-31-8.png
We're also trying to setup Steam IAP and get a dedicated server up and running
Heres a visual representation of that
14701245_642192985959515_8333421003141021696_n.jpg
Once that's done i'll get a private beta test going in which i'll PM keys to everyone interested, i'll let you know when it comes to that
Thanks a lot for the support!

Last edited:

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Alright i decided to upload the entire "Unit Preview" into Youtube
This was good because i kept the format intact and uploading everything at once just felt like taking a good constipated dump all at once
Enjoy!

Farage

Arcane
Patron
So i'm starting a beta test right now, if any of you want a key, let me know!
I'm giving an exclusive skin to everyone who participates

Murk

Arcane
This looks pretty dope actually.

I'd volunteer for beta but to be honest I don't have much time to actually test anything, so really I'd just be playing it casually. Also, D:OS 2 is out so I gotta go be an undead lizard wizard.

But the video of you playing someone was p cool, looks like a good pick up n play game with friends.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
So the beta is over and we set the release date to be on October 12
DKYjMegX0AE6Qzg.jpg
The page is also live, featuring a weird trailer i did lmao
http://store.steampowered.com/app/658320
If any of you helped during the beta, you'll get a skin when logging back in.
In other news i have been fucking around with some skins, i'm starting to get good at it tbh
DK3B45DWsAENLYf.jpg

Alright, i'll be back here in october 12, hopefully everything will go smoothly then

Farage

Arcane
Patron
updated the first post to tell we're live
made it very detailed with a lot of info and stuff

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom