Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Omori - kickstarted jrpg that apes Earthbound (but looks good so it's cool)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected

trailer music is also good. Would like to see more of the enemies; the combat screens look great.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I'm enthusiastic.
Based on their last updates it's hard to figure out how close to completion the game is, but some pieces of art are fantastic :
2a8442cb367d46bf5d4e97254682ebbd_original.gif

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
It's hard to have a precise idea, they delayed the release date several times, their last release date announcement being a vague 2016 maybe one year ago.
From the december 1st update :
I will have to ask for more time to test the game and make sure it is ready for release. More information will be revealed with the trailer which will be released at the end of this year.

And from the last, janurary 2nd one (if you've got some time to lose, there's a lot of babbling about technical problems in this last one) :
The OMORI team is happy to bring you our latest OMORI trailer! We’ve gotten a lot done this year, and we’re excited to show you some of what we've been working on. Although the team tried our best to make our previous deadline, the release date of the game will have to be delayed again[...]We were aiming to resolve our programming issues sooner, but it looks like that won't be the case. For now, we will be fine-tuning the gameplay and graphics, and reworking some story elements. I am aware that another release date delay will come with a fair amount of backlash, but we can’t just “pump out a game”, especially one that performs inadequately.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I played the demo. The tone feels almost right, the party characters arguing with each other can be slightly annoying sometimes but for the rest it's the right mix of non-sense and seriousness ; enemies are weird enough. The game looks good during fights, it looks OK outside fights although it's pink, like ... very pink.

The different characters have some non-combat abilities to get through obstacles, at this point of the game it's very basic and I've no idea if it's meant to be become more complicated as you progress. The maps are filled with weird stuff, some maps more than others. Exploration is rather linear with backtracking for solving mandatory as optional quests.

The enemies are visible on the map and you can avoid them. Combat is simple, you also have only 2 equipment slots per character. The fun part is how characters can help each other with an attack, with different results. You get new combat abilities by fulfilling tasks.

At this point I'm intrigued about the final game, the demo is not particularly outstanding but the impression it left me is rather positive.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The colouring is kind funky. It's almost like someone remembered some old CGA DOS games and thought that all games needed a colour palette along those lines.

lightbane

Arcane
It's been a long time, but it is coming, at last. Either way, it can't be as bad as YIIK. In fact, that abomination made Earthbound and good clones make better in comparison.

Modron

Arcane
It's been a long time, but it is coming, at last. Either way, it can't be as bad as YIIK. In fact, that abomination made Earthbound and good clones make better in comparison.
Don't worry hipsters love earthbound and will keep stomping on it forever

Jinn

Arcane
I mean, that looks a little more like a Valkyrie Profile clone/abomination, but still WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?

Also, Omori looks great. Very much so looking forward to it.

Jinn

Arcane
Btw. another one is this

NPC meme: The game

Hey now, Knuckle Sandwich looks pretty great. I've even played the demo and had a lot of fun.

Not even comparable to that dogshit posted prior. Funny thing is, the creator says he's never even played Earthbound. I can't tell if he's joking or not, but I'm pretty sure he isn't.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Btw. another one is this

NPC meme: The game

Hey now, Knuckle Sandwich looks pretty great. I've even played the demo and had a lot of fun.

Not even comparable to that dogshit posted prior. Funny thing is, the creator says he's never even played Earthbound. I can't tell if he's joking or not, but I'm pretty sure he isn't.

I know, but that screenshot was just too easy to make fun of

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Release on Christmas Day.
After many years of waiting, OMORI’s release date is finally here! We'll be releasing OMORI on 12.25.20, Christmas Day, on Steam for Mac and PC.
The source is the last Kickstarter update which is only available to backers.

EDIT :

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom