Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Onlive died today.

Will you try Onlive?

• Yes

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 61 81.3%
  • KC(I am gay)

Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters

MetalCraze

Arcane
TARD needs to be stretched to fit in with other letters.

But I'm too lazy to do this myself.

MapMan

Arcane
And I dont have photoshop atm so I guess only racofer can save us.

Dny

Educated
Hamster said:
MapMan said:
onlive.png

(done in paint, I don't have photoshop after format c:/)
According to latest trend it should be Onturd, not Ontard.

It's supposed to be Xi's avatar so Ontard because it defines a person as opposed to turd which defines an object. (I've never seen someone being called a "turd" ?)

Xi

Arcane
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/10/07/02 ... art_pos=29

"The Obama administration has announced nearly $795 million in grants and loans to 66 new broadband projects across the nation. The subsidies — to be doled out by the US NTIA and the US Rural Utilities Service — will bring broadband service to 685,000 businesses, 900 health-care facilities, and 2,400 schools, according to officials. The NTIA will award $404 million to 29 projects, and the grants will finance 6,000 miles of new fiber-optic lines. Most of the money will finance middle-mile broadband network projects. The RUS will award $390.9 million, with $163 million in loans and the rest in grants. Most of the RUS money is focused on last-mile broadband projects."

Metro said:

It is Three years at MINIMUM!!! They have said that they will only remove games if the amount of people playing the game decreases drastically.

You acted as if it was 100% guaranteed that the game would be gone after three years.

AT LEAST 3 YEARS! you don't lose your game after 3 years! I highly doubt that you will if anyhting

Welllllll........... in 3 years I guess you would have a different game and not care about the old games, you know?

1277505920374.jpg

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
I'd get it if they had something like the netflix instant queue where if you paid a monthly fee you had free access to a few hundred games that would rotate every once in a while.

Their pricing model is crap.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Arem said:
I have already subscribed, no longer will I need to buy every fucking year a new $4000 rig to keep up with PC game requirements. Thanks Steve! :)

Xi alt, advertising plant or just plain regular moron?

FeelTheRads said:
Arem said:
I have already subscribed, no longer will I need to buy every fucking year a new $4000 rig to keep up with PC game requirements. Thanks Steve! :)

With a join date of 2007, if so then the codex penetration runs deep.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Overweight Manatee said:
FeelTheRads said:
Arem said:

With a join date of 2007, if so then the codex penetration runs deep.
you all fail your irony detection rolls. the article is rather devastating, despite mild wording, as are the screenshots (esp the ac2 ones), or the following statement:
OnLive talks about not having to upgrade your PC or buy new console hardware, but the performance level they offer can easily be approximated or even exceeded simply by adding a £80 graphics card to the base-level system OnLive requires to operate.

Silellak

Cipher
Raapys said:
http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/1/8/0/6/1/3/AC2_OnLive_000.jpg.jpg
Holy shit. That looks so bad it could actually be mistaken for a deliberate artistic style.

ElectricOtter

MapMan said:
Arem said:

:retarded:
FAST FORWARD TO 2013...

"oh hey im bored to day

i know, i'll play some arkham as-

:rage: "

Monocause

Arcane
Compare the Eurogamer article's recording of Assassin's creed 2 with this YT LP vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2X6RDpM ... re=related

Even with powerful YT compression artifacts after switching to 480p you can easily see how crappy the onlive graphics are. During the street brawl notice that in the YT video the crowd in the back is easily distinguishable while in the eurogamer vid they're mostly a blur.

Conclusion? I'd rather stick to spending about ~100$ on a new GFX card once my current one gets outdated (and I don't believe she'll get outdated sooner than some two years).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom