Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Order of the Thorne - new game from Infamous Quests

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1992695780/order-of-the-thorne-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous

http://www.infamous-quests.com/order-of-the-thorne/

https://af.gog.com/game/order_of_the_thorne_the_kings_challenge?as=1649904300

http://www.infamous-quests.com/home/games/order-of-the-thorne-tkc/
The King's Challenge is the first in a planned anthology of adventure game called 'Order of the Thorne.' You will assume the role of Finn the Bard, a challenger in a competition held by the King to seek out his missing Queen. Along with your magical lute, Finn must use his cunning wit and musical ability to venture forth in this fantasy quest.

The Story
The King of the Fairy Realm, benevolent, wise and respected by his subjects, sat on his throne in the Royal Court in the centre of the great tree. After much deliberation, he proposed a challenge to his subjects and to all those willing; to venture forth on a quest to find his Queen and bring her back to him.
The news of the challenge reached far and wide. With the proclamation announced, champions from many lands took up the call. News of the proclaimation reached even the dusty old corners of an Inn in the neighboring kingdom of Rosette. Finn the Bard, young and headstrong, packed his lute, his songbook and dressed in his travel clothes for the journey to the Fairy Realm.
“The prize for winning the Challenge is not only being the Hero of The Fairy Realm, but the King will grant you one wish of your choosing! I must win – with my wish, I could help benefit all the musicians in all the lands!”
And with that, Finn set out from his room at the Inn, over the mountains, to accept The King’s Challenge.

There's a bit more here: https://www.facebook.com/orderofthethorne

Last edited by a moderator:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
The word "anthology" is slightly mysterious. I gather it means different PoV characters for each game?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Quest for Queen and Cleavage.

:d1p:

(IIRC one of Cryo's Atlantis games had you looking for a Queen)

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So Blackthorne, is this the remnant of KoS converted to another purpose, or something entirely unrelated? I was just wondering, as the splash screen looks very similar. Either way, looks really cool.

p.s. Might wanna fix the thread title.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The series is a straight adventure games. It's an anthology series in that each game in the series will have a different protagonist; some characters will cross over, and even some you played as before may show up in other games. It all revolves around one emerging story in the game.

Some of the art was recycled from original work we had made for KoS, though most of it will be getting an update and facelift.

Bt

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Hey, heh, I was just coming over to let you know the Kickstarter is live. Good to see some familiar faces; thanks for the support.

Bt

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Thanks! I saw your comment on KS, too. I appreciate the support. If we hit $15,000, let's say we put a Codex reference Easter Egg in, shall we?

Bt

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Blackthorne NO BOXED EDITION?!!!!! :x:x:x

Also, see your taking liberties with our Codex article picture.... :hmmm:

It's all good my friend (well, I am a little upset about no boxes) but I guess I'm now an "Associate Producer" ... :smug: There goes my journalistic cred...:oops:

Perhaps you can make a box prototype and manual so I can get some made anyway?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Blackthorne NO BOXED EDITION?!!!!! :x:x:x

Creator Steven "Blackthorne" Alexander about 1 hour ago
Game Horder -

We'll consider doing a limited edition boxed version, but only after we meet the goal. We want to make sure we have funds allocated properly, and we've based our next 6+ months schedules on what we have here.

(I'd say it's a good bet we'll do one. I just want to make sure our game production needs are met.)

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game Horder -

We'll consider doing a limited edition boxed version, but only after we meet the goal. We want to make sure we have funds allocated properly, and we've based our next 6+ months schedules on what we have here.

(I'd say it's a good bet we'll do one. I just want to make sure our game production needs are met.)

I read that but just wanted to pull Blackthorne's chain... ;)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
There is not going to be a Primordia 2, at least in the foreseeable future.

Because this is OT, putting it behind a spoiler tag.
I am extremely anxious to reveal my current project, which I've mentioned here before, but I just think it's still not quite far enough along. I can say that it is an RPG called "Fallen Gods," not an adventure game, and that its original inspirations were Barbarian Prince and Lone Wolf, although if I were to identify a PC game it is closest to, FTL is probably what I'd say. I've been working on it for about a year, but to be honest the art and coding side have been fairly slow, and the writing side has been a little haphazard because I overhauled the style partway through. To be honest, I have no idea if the thing will hang together or not, but I am very happy with each of the constituent parts. (That said, I'm not sure it's an RPG to the Codex's tastes -- for example, it reflects my loathing of inventory management, fiddly minmaxing, slow progressions, filler content, slow combat, etc. All of these things probably yield systems that will rightly be called shallow. The dream is that they will interrelate to yield meaningful complexity, but it's too soon to say. But no matter what, there's not going to be TOEE combat or Arcanum character building or PS:T dialogue trees.)

I may do a Kickstarter for it, but as I mentioned in another thread, I have pretty strong views on how a Kickstarter should be handled, views that are not especially conducive to a project's success on KS. I have no particular timeframe for when this would be done. So far I've footed the game's bill by spending all of my 2014/2015 Primordia earnings on it (these earnings were not gigantic, so please don't anticipate some huge budget), but since I don't anticipate making much more from Primordia in 2015, a KSer may start to become more of an economic imperative. On the other hand, my feeling is that I do not want to ask anything of people until I am sure I can give them back something more than what I'm asking for.

[EDIT]

Blackthorne The $15 tier misspells "Thorne." I'll back when I get home. :)

Last edited:

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Crap, of course it does. Hah - OT, your game idea sounds awesome.

Aenra - thanks!! I know how it goes... like I said, any kind of support is welcome.

Game Horder -

I read that but just wanted to pull Blackthorne's chain... ;)

WE SHARED A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT IN BOSTON, MAN! WHY YOU GOTTA BE PULLING MY CHAIN!!

Like I said - it's likely that we'll be doing boxed editions as an add-on, but to launch I wanted to keep the focus on money to raise for game development. We'll offer a limited amount of boxes when we do it too, to keep it small.

Bt

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom