Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Order of the Thorne - new game from Infamous Quests

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Blackthorne How are you shipping the boxed edition? I ask because I just received my Lords of Xulima box and it came damaged* and I don't want that to happen to QfI!! Also, any word of the QfI clue book/strat guide?

I already contacted them and they're being real bros and sending me a replacement box (flat). The contents were outstanding though!! I'll post pics of it when the new box gets here in the LoX thread.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I plan on sending the boxes in a cardboard box, with packaging materials to protect it. Plus room to throw other goodies in the package, not including nude photos of Roberta Williams, unfortunately. We got a Cease and Desist order on those.

Bt

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I plan on sending the boxes in a cardboard box, with packaging materials to protect it. Plus room to throw other goodies in the package, not including nude photos of Roberta Williams, unfortunately. We got a Cease and Desist order on those.

Bt

That's good to know. Can't wait to see what extra swag you throw into my box but happy you already gave me the bank cards and t-shirt at PAX... :smug: Disappointed about the photos though and afraid you'll be including nudes of yourself instead... :eek:!!!

mindx2

Patron
Two updates:

QFI BOX DELAYS
Posted by Steven "Blackthorne" Alexander
Hey guys!

I've been getting messages from folks, rightly inquiring about their boxes and such, and I've been answering them - but I wanted to send this out just so everyone can get an update.

I have the boxes here - but I'm still waiting on the production of the DVDs and the foam inserts that will go in the boxes.

The foam inserts will fit inside the box, and securely hold the DVD case inside, along with all the other goodies included. I've been witness to other box packages that have gotten crushed or ruined in the mail/post, so I've taken this step to ensure that the packages are more sturdy in shipping - and that all the items inside aren't just flung around willy-nilly. They're being custom made, and it's adding a little expense to me personally, but I think it'll be worth it. I mean, this is it for these boxes - when they're gone, they're gone - and I'd these to last on your shelves for 20+ years, in good shape, much like some of your other beloved boxes. This may not be particularly economical, but screw it - live fast, save often and leave a good looking game box. Or something.

We've been editing the game and trying to fix some nagging bugs for the DVD version - AND put a special hidden feature in this version that is different from every other downloadable version out there. This makes it more fun, but with production on three other games, it's been slower going than we like. I have to give thanks to our friend, fan, supporter and backer Goatmeal for playing, testing and reporting bugs to us like crazy. He also made the font for the game, and a custom font for our upcoming Order of the Thorne game, and I can't say thanks enough. We want to make sure the edition pressed by the DVD manufacturer is the best it can be.

Broomie has finished the QFI companion as well, and that will be going to the presses very soon. He spent extra time construction an amazing section of charts, lists, etc for the back of the book and, well, I think it looks amazing for an art book/hint book/strategy guide.

Thanks for being patient with us as we do this - I know it's taken a while, but dammit - we wanted to do it right. (Or as right as we can!) I hope the swag will be a treasured part of your collection - a game you can have on your shelf, be proud of, and when friends ask about it someday, you can say, "Oh! That was a game I helped support and get made." I know someday I'll point to that box on my shelf and say to my son, "Yeah - heh, that's a video game that Dad made with about 2,000 friends. Pretty neat, huh?"

And he'll say, "What I'd really like Dad is to borrow the car keys, see you later can I have them please?"

Kids.

Anyway, thanks for your patience. It'll be worth the wait. When the packages start going out, I'll be posting updates full of pictures of them, and me looking like a crazy, smiling jackass.

Thanks again, everyone. This has meant the world to me and the team.

Bt

PS - Here's some pictures of the boxes and a preview of the QFI Companion if you missed them.

6b61485802d6e6ea26dd948bdcacbf6e_original.jpg

The QFI boxes!
00e3d05865fb004aafd0248ab2f27a44_original.jpg

8591fc76e1df2f105f7bff8edb577939_original.jpg

45bc9750a4cb34127d1830be187e42cf_original.jpg

Preview Images from The Quest For Infamy Companion

Mid-July Update
Posted by Steven "Blackthorne" Alexander
Hey there adventure friends!

Production is in full swing on both The King's Challenge and Roehm to Ruin! The team has been working really hard, turning in new art, animations and music almost daily. It's fun to see the projects starting to come together.

ORDER OF THE THORNE

The King's Challenge

Right now, the bones of the entire game are there! We have a playable version, from start to finish, but we're putting on the meat of the game - beefing up the art and animations, and punching up the script and interactions. I'm very excited about the musical interactions with the lute in the game - working on the songs for those has been fun for me, as I've had the pleasure of collaborating with our composer, James Mulvale, in composing the little ditties Finn the Bard plays during the game. James took the rough demos I recorded with a cheap guitar and crappy microphone, and turned them into beautiful little works.

fa6648afe440b746515f857f26114e96_original.png

Finn wanders through the forest of the Faerie Realm

QUEST FOR INFAMY

Roehm to Ruin

Roehm to Ruin is taking shape as well! Expanding on the areas we had in our game jam version, our artist "Fizzii" has created several new areas to explore, and our resident wunderkind, James "Broomie" Broom has written several new puzzles to keep Roehm occupied as he and his buddies work on their planned heist at the Baron's castle.

This game is shaping up to be a very fun little adventure that sheds some light on Roehm's past - and possibly... his future?

b466b261918e3a1d36dda216a2b51d68_original.png

Just another harmless looking town gate, of course.

BACKERKIT

Just a reminder to all backers - we will be closing Backerkit and charging cards on August 31st - if you need to make alternate arrangements, please let me know personally and I will accommodate you! You can still add on items in Backerkit until then, so if you want a big box, etc - you can still get in on it. If you missed the kickstarter, you can get in on it by clicking here.

805733e0b3e79c73d6244f3446fe6df7_original.png

THANK YOU!

Again, thank you all - we've been so busy, all of us - between working on these games, to busy home lives and for some of us, finishing up the loose ends on other projects, it's just been a crazy few months. We really do have the best fans - your notes on facebook, twitter, email - they mean a lot to us. So thank you if you've taken the time out to encourage us.

Follow us on facebook and twitter for more updates or random babble.

See you all soon!

Bt

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
If I had known Bt was going to post that Roehm to Ruin background, I would've added torches to it first *grumble grumble*

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Hah, yes, I posted the work in progress version, Fizzii - gotta leave something for the final game.

She did the art for that one, folks. And a lot more great stuff.

Hahah, those are the front gates to a town, and I'm sure it IS embarrassed.

Bt

Lambonius

Infamous Quests
Developer
Hah, yes, I posted the work in progress version, Fizzii - gotta leave something for the final game.

Goddammit, Steve. You've been doing this since QFI and I keep telling you how flawed your logic is. DON'T RELEASE UNFINISHED ART. NO ONE CARES THAT IT MIGHT LOOK SLIGHTLY TWEAKED IN THE FINAL GAME. There were screenshots of unfinished work in some of the official QFI press because of this crap. Jesus Christ. You sweaty, gaping ass. I just can't work under these conditions.

Last edited:

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Goddammit, Steve. You've been doing this since QFI and I keep telling you how flawed your logic is. DON'T RELEASE UNFINISHED ART. NO ONE CARES THAT IT MIGHT LOOK SLIGHTLY TWEAKED IN THE FINAL GAME. There were screenshots of unfinished work in some of the official QFI press because of this crap. Jesus Christ. You sweaty, gaping ass. I just can't work under these conditions.

Impressive. Most impressive.

Bt

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous/posts/1385926

A General Update on the Projects
dd67ff5a83e7ede25d27e052d60e0788_original.png

Finn plays some music for a picnicing couple.

Hey friends! I was reminded by a backer that I hadn't posted an update since the end of August,and I couldn't believe it! September was a blur!! We've been working a lot on the games - in fact, currently, we're casting the voices for The Order of the Thorne: The King's Challenge. We've been listening to auditions all week, and we've had some amazing people try out. I'm very excited to get voices into the game because it's almost completed!

We've had a few people play the alpha, and we've gotten some great feedback on it. Bt went out to Salt Lake City, where Infamous Quests had a booth at the Salt Lake Comic Con! It was an amazing time; we had a lot of great people stop by the booth, some were fans who had already played QFI, and many people bought copies of the game on Steam right there at the booth! One gentleman whipped out his smartphone, bought it and set it to download when so he could play it when he got home!

d1eaa14ce7582df82c465ffbea74dde2_original.jpg

Our booth at SLCC

We also had a preview version of The King's Challenge out and the feedback on that was really great too! We're very excited for The Order of the Thorne - with the first game, The King's Challenge being very close to done, we've been working on the next installment, Fortress of Fire more recently. We're having a lot of fun writing the story and connecting the lore of the game.

Quest for Infamy: Roehm to Ruin is coming right along too - we have only a very few bits to finish up on that, programming wise, and a few animations to complete. We'll be casting voice actors for that really soon, and Steve Patrick will be returning as the voice of Mr. Roehm!

dae9ae78721638312834f3896775ccd6_original.jpg

STEAM GREENLIGHT! COMING SOON!

We're also going to be launching a Steam Greenlight to get The Order of the Thorne on Steam, as we're self-publishing this game. We've already been approved on GoG.com and Humble, so when the Steam Greenlight campaign launches, we're going to need your help - vote for us, spread the work on social media, etc.

Infamous Quests also has a booth at the Retro Game Con in Syracuse, NY, on Nov. 14th - Cinemassacre and the Angry Video Game Nerd are going to be there, along with another Kickstarter Project (That we backed!) called "The New 8-Bit Heros" by Joe Granato is going to be there.

So, TL;DR

- OotT: TKC is almost finished and a release date will be announced soon!

- QFI: Roehm to Ruin is almost finished as well, and a release date will be announced soon!

- OotT: FoF is in production, and will be released sometime in 2016

Thanks again to everyone for your support!

Bt

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NOW ON GREENLIGHT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=538021949

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous/posts/1387206

Order of the Thorne on Steam Greenlight

We've gone live on Steam Greenlight!

If you're interested in having this game on Steam, please click here and vote "Yes" for us!

As independent developers, we only thrive with your help and word-of-mouth, so please share links on social media - facebook, twitter, tumbler, the local phone booth if you have one, that funny looking dude in the local store, your favorite Uncle who might be named "Joe" or your neighbor who might be named "Sam"... everyone and anyone who you think would like to support the kind of games we make.

What are you waiting for? Cruise on over there, check out the new trailer and screenshots and vote "yes" for Order of the Thorne!

As always, thank you for your continued support.

Bt

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Incoming beta: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous/posts/1423467

UPDATES FROM THE FIELD!
Well friends, we're almost to that finishing line with the first Order of the Thorne Game!

73fc9cd1d5d7a10728dfd03e200b90e5_original.jpg

The King's Challenge is about to enter backer beta testing; this game is pretty much done at this point! All the voices are in, it's been tested pretty thoroughly in-house, and we'll be opening it up for public beta to you backers very soon! If you're interested, send me a message and when it opens up, we'll get you access. You can play the game in a pre-release version, which may still have some lingering bugs, and help us get everything smoothed out for the final, public release!!

460a2ee676bb350c03a42d4a8ef3c3ba_original.png

THE OTHER GAMES

Quest for Infamy: Roehm to Ruin is now going into alpha testing in team! We'll be adding voices to this game after the holidays, and testing it ceaselessly during this time! For all intents and purposes, it's done at this point - minus the careful polishing and finishing touches that bug testing will bring! We think you'll enjoy this little look at Mr. Roehm's life before the events of Quest for Infamy - and it might just give you some insights into something ahead for Mr. Roehm....

27307d9b72f3a0a221c7ec8c506275f0_original.png

The 2nd Chapter of The Order of the Thorne: Fortress of Fire is under production! We're still working on final design, but the game's basic engine is built... we're having a lot of fun writing and continuing the story of the world we established in "The King's Challenge" and we hope this game will be a great continuation of our Order of the Thorne series!

6280c506fdd636867b0f9650357db3e1_original.png

TL;DR: The Order of the Thorne: The King's Challenge moves to backer-beta. If you want in, let me know. QFI: Roehm to Ruin & OotT: Fortress of Fire are coming out next year in 2016!

Bt

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This reminds me, I need to play the first game. Any thing I oughta know if a Tale of Two Kingdoms is probably the only PnC game I've played?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Just play the fucking things and enjoy like you never have before. God knows I can't anymore, after running the whole of the Quest for Glory series seven times.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Well, you can pick up QFI cheap on Itch.io this month... QFI and OotT aren't related, so you don't need to know or play anything before them. QFI is definitely an homage to Quest for Glory, but you don't have to have played them.

Bt

I would recommend playing QFI before HQ only because HQ is imo the better game (no offense BT, QFI is also great).
QFI is definitely the lighter game, whereas HQ is tonally pretty similar to AToTK.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't think you need any guidance, really. This subgenre is fairly easy to get into, and best experienced unspoiled.

Personally I'd suggest playing QfG4, HQ and QFI, in that order.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom