Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Overgrowth, the vaporware bunny homicide simulator - no longer vaporware, too bad it sucks!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Lugaru is pretty solid. The physics are great but it won't hold your attention for too long.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
All the animals make it kinda psychedelic, a very cool vibe imo.

ElectricOtter

villain of the story said:
Animation is good and I love the bleeding effect but otherwise it looks generic shit. Perhaps somebody could try to explain to me why it's good.
Super-awesome engine and fresh combat system is why I like it. I'd love to see that engine used for a Gothic/Risen style action RPG. I hope they release the SDK.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Animation is good and I love the bleeding effect but otherwise it looks generic shit. Perhaps somebody could try to explain to me why it's good.

It's not something you can explain. Either you like these type of fighting games or you don't.

MCA
ElecTriCotter said:
Super-awesome engine

In what way? Engine != game. A game engine doesn't make things happen magically. It's only a mainframe.

fresh combat system

Same old hack and slash bullshit I've been seeing since the days of arcade machines. I don't see anything different in there.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
fresh combat system

Same old hack and slash bullshit I've been seeing since the days of arcade machines. I don't see anything different in there.

A game is not bad because it does not innovate. Lugaru is good old arcade 3d beat 'm up with a rudimentary story and no bullshit.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That's ok but that doesn't make it a "fresh combat system", just a good old tried-and-true case.

You clearly have not played Lugaru then. Otherwise do point out other games that have a similar control scheme/combat system. Protip: it is not "hack and slash".

Nothing earth shattering, but it is unique in several ways.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Lugaru/Controls

MCA
Clearly.

I'm only commenting on what I'm seeing. Two guys going at each other typical of every fighting game ever. Perhaps controls are more intuitive or whatever. A fight in AssCreed series looks a lot more nuanced. I wonder how the latter works in MP.

Nael

Arcane
FatCat said:
But it's funny how on average people don't give a fuck about humans and feel bad for cute animals.

Until they actually see a human die. Unless you are a psychopath it is a sad thing to watch a fellow human bleed out. Even if they are an enemy combatant.

ortucis

Prophet
Nael said:
FatCat said:
But it's funny how on average people don't give a fuck about humans and feel bad for cute animals.

Until they actually see a human die. Unless you are a psychopath it is a sad thing to watch a fellow human bleed out. Even if they are an enemy combatant.

Nael can search for real shootings on YouTube and discover his humanity just like the rest of us.

Search for the latest one where Pakis were caught shooting innocent man after torturing him (while he cried and pleaded).

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I remember accidentally watching a youtube video with photos/footage from accidents. Sickening and sad stuff :( .

Baron

Arcane
Finally! A game that lets you run about a landscape and kick and stab others.

I only need to add branching dialogue and I've got my perfect game. Not so big on my chars having rabbit ears but that's a minor concern...

Will be following this game. They're keen for others to mod it too.

http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/Main_Page

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Baron said:
They're keen for others to mod it too.

there are going to be a shitload of yiffy high res graphical packs

personally I'll be there once the author confirms boob physics and modders import female models ala Garry's mod and you get to stab people with a risque low polygon Aeris with angel wings

MisterStone

Arcane
Some more sweet Overgrowth footage. This game is really shaping up, very promising. Also, they update the alpha (which is basically just a tech demo, not a game in any sense at this point) on a weekly basis and post video updates. The young feller who codes the game engine is a certifiable genius as far as I can tell... thank God he's devoted to making his own game instead of selling out to UbiSoft or some lame-ass dev who would turn this into a pussified game like Ass-assin Creed IV.

Executive version: the game realistically models thrown sharp weapons so that they stick into targets (or sometimes don't stick) according to how and where they hit them, what the target is made of, etc.

Warning: anyone trashes this, they are a moron

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
are alpha versions still MAC only or does he make win/linux versions too already?

MisterStone

Arcane
The alpha is still just a tech demo though, just understand what you'd be getting.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Genius or not, if you can't sense the dark (sexual and otherwise) undertones in this I am happy for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom