Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/

They're showing trailer and game-play now at blizzcon . Looks like TF2 with "anything goes" art design.

Cinematic trailer. Looks like derp kids cartoon.

Gameplay trailer.

Details:
  • Team based, multiplayer shooter.
  • Very approachable, not hard for new players to get into the game.
  • The game will be playable in Hall C at BlizzCon. 600 machines loaded with OverWatch.
  • Release "nearer than you think." Beta starts in 2015. Sign up at playoverwatch.com.

Last edited:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
They need a bigger roster. It's a bit underwhelming even for a starting point of a new setting.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
They need a bigger roster. It's a bit underwhelming even for a starting point of a new setting.
They've shown 12. If they're copying TF2 I wouldn't expect more. Especially since they're going for that "very approachable" angle D:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Blizzard missed the train on creating Dota 2, so I guess it's only fair that they get to create Team Fortress 3. Valve can't count to 3 anyway.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So is it F2P?
Of course.

Remember when I said their next IP would be a F2P cash cow with microtransactions? Yep... This is probably what they salvaged from Titan and made into their own TF2. Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch... anyone seeing a pattern? Copy existing F2P games and just slap a coat of Blizz-paint on them.

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/

Why? TF2 has like... eight classes? This isn't a MOBA.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks generic, because of Pixar looking graphics and TF2 style gameplay. So... nothing new.

Astral Rag

Arcane
dr8uretl.png

smiley%20sick.gif

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I came into this thread ready to bash this thing, because fuck Blizzard. I started watching the cinematic trailer, got bored and stopped after a minute. I started watching the gameplay trailer, and...call me a fag, but I want to play this. For years now, we've gotten no FPS games that aren't Call of Duty or its clones. Here we've got an FPS that uses colors other than gray and brown, involves fast movement in three dimensions, and has varied gameplay depending on which character you choose. Isn't this what we've been saying we wanted for a long time?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
delete thread, kill author of OP.
Bruticis will be buying me Overwatch in-game hats.

I came into this thread ready to bash this thing, because fuck Blizzard. I started watching the cinematic trailer, got bored and stopped after a minute. I started watching the gameplay trailer, and...call me a fag, but I want to play this. For years now, we've gotten no FPS games that aren't Call of Duty or its clones. Here we've got an FPS that uses colors other than gray and brown, involves fast movement in three dimensions, and has varied gameplay depending on which character you choose. Isn't this what we've been saying we wanted for a long time?
This is basically just TF3. You haven't seen anything like it for awhile because Valve already made it years ago.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What in the flying fuck is this Pixar shit? This looks too much like a copy of TF2, but I guess that goes with the Blizzard tradition of copying whatever is popular.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What's the point of making a trailer for a game for 5 to 10 year olds if they're going to be 15 to 20 year olds by the time you release the actual game?

Cazzeris

Why should I want a TF2 clone with childish fantasy art style?

This is what I wanted for a long time:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/328070/

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
They are doing a bad job at hiding how this is a rehash of a MMO... the cinematic trailer features many heroes that aren't on the game, including that wolverine guy with a cowboy hat & cigar that appears a lot.

And what the hell are those names? They expect people to go "I'll play Winston!" ? This works when you have 999 billion characters, but 12? He's the gorilla, ffs.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They are doing a bad job at hiding how this is a rehash of a MMO... the cinematic trailer features many heroes that aren't on the game, including that wolverine guy with a cowboy hat & cigar that appears a lot.

Titan assets 4tw!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Overwatch is a reworked version of Blizzard's Titan, the long-in-development MMO that was overhauled in mid-2013 and turned into a smaller project. It looks like they've kept some of the class names (like Reaper)
Really?

And I'm off cause tired of these cartoon looking craps, no matter which devs deliver.
New franchise from Blizz...for about 17 years? Ok.

Kick this thread to MMO section or just retartoland.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So TF3 by Blizzard,doesn't look as bad as I thought,maybe I will give it a try.I liked the Gorilla and the Reaper guy

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I've never felt like not wanting to play a game after watching a trailer as much as now. Holy Valve envy batman.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom