Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Owlboy - the new lovable indie 2D platformer

made

Arcane
...in the long series of lovable indie 2D platformers

500x_custom_1266499764620_ob1.jpg

http://www.roflgames.com/DPadWebsite/ww ... /index.htm

baronjohn

Cipher
in before skyway "indie games are ruining gaming even more than AAA popamoles"

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Jesus christ stop making those "indie" platformers already

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Horrible animation, this is not an indie it's just an amateur's attempt to develop a game.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think it looks good but I'm a sucker for 2D platformers. Of course it boils down to the gameplay and the precision of the controls rather then the presentation so we'll have to see about those.

TripJack

Hedonist
1451 said:
Horrible animation, this is not an indie it's just an amateur's attempt to develop a game.

how is one different than the other

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Good 2D art? Does *no-one* look at the weeaboo fighting game Codex threads to see how good 2D graphics can look these days?

DakaSha

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Baronjohn look - I don't even have to write anything now.

Out of all the stupid shit said on this site your 'Indie games are ruining gaming more then AAA titles' bullshit is seriously ranked highest on my list of 'Top ten things to help you point out a troll/retard' (barring the shit said in GD of course)
That isn't to say there aren't shit indie games (their are plenty) but your obvious obsession with searching out threads just to repeat yourself makes you look like a very sad OCD patient

Not that this is news to anyone :smug:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
No interest in this, but I for those who like this sort of thing, this is the sort of thing they like. Platformers are even more ignored by the mainstream game devs than hardcore RPGs.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Good 2D art? Does *no-one* look at the weeaboo fighting game Codex threads to see how good 2D graphics can look these days?
good 2d art means art lovingly crafted pixel after pixel and adhering to pixel-art standards, like tricking the eye through various well-established techniques, not some hi-res shit that is just hand-drawn, scanned, and cleaned up.

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
Wings AND hands?

I am afraid that this is just an absolutely irreconcilable character design. I also think that you are a fool for even bringing this to our attention!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
SuicideBunny said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
good 2d art means art lovingly crafted pixel after pixel and adhering to pixel-art standards, like tricking the eye through various well-established techniques, not some hi-res shit that is just hand-drawn, scanned, and cleaned up.
Nigga-please, it was always about reaching that point, and now we're finally there.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
:necro:

The game seems to be out finally. Certainly looks pretty.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Seems to be the media darling. $22 seems a bit steep for a 10-hour metroidvania indie though.
It's better value for money than $60 for a 5 hour AAA popamole shooter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom