Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paid mods are back - Bethesda's "Creation Club" for Fallout 4 and Skyrim

Mrfactty

Educated
b3a20a6589cea94fa90cfb51fdf79ec7aa48059f.png

:prosper::prosper::prosper:

That armor costs 500 credit, roughly $5, and has bugs:
6IQgky4.jpg

Last edited:

Mrfactty

Educated
With the Creation Club update, .esp and .bsa files from all the mods are downloaded, only inactive until you pay with Toddcredits, leaving all the paid mods on a silver platter for pirates, GOOD JOB BETHESDA!!:
pQUZdwA.png

Mrfactty

Educated
"All the content is approved, curated, and taken through the full internal dev cycle; including localization, polishing, and testing":
QpdJV9w.jpg

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Are you surprised? It's not like their own assets are in any better shape.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
You know it's good when even obvious pro-Bethesda channel is having a meltdown.

bonescraper

Hey, that's great news. I'll never buy a Bethrpg again. So far i enjoyed their games to some extent by heavily modding them. But i won't pay a single fucking cent for a mod, ever. So there's no point in buing their games anymore :salute:

typical user

Arbiter
Hey, that's great news. I'll never buy a Bethrpg again. So far i enjoyed their games to some extent by heavily modding them. But i won't pay a single fucking cent for a mod, ever. So there's no point in buing their games anymore :salute:

Like if there were any good reasons before that. Pirated Skyrim, Fo3 or Fo4 and I am happy because I would feel robbed, of my money, time and dignity.

Black Angel

Arcane
They haven't disabled free modding.
Very unlikely, but it's still possible they would actually try to shut down the Nexus. They've promised to only let mods that's completely unavailable on the Nexus (yeah, right) to be available on CC, and guess what? They all have the exact same thing, and there's much better stuff on the Nexus, too. If they're going to take the Nexus down, the Nexus doesn't really have that much to defend themselves, not to mention the PC audience compared to console's are mere peanuts for Beth/ZeniMax.

Tribal Sarah

Arbiter
Look people. Bethesda need money and if getting a bunch of smellys to part with their welfares is what it takes for the best rpg developers on the planet to be able to produce their next award winning AAA game of the year then so be it. Be grateful.

Danikas

Arcane
Look people. Bethesda need money and if getting a bunch of smellys to part with their welfares is what it takes for the best rpg developers on the planet to be able to produce their next award winning AAA game of the year then so be it. Be grateful.
Maybe they will hire 2! new voice actors with that money, think of the possibilities man.

passerby

Arcane
I like how this shitty news was enough to bump Skyrim into top10 on steam for two days. Retards, retards never changes.

Fortunately W3 sale diffused this shit and Skyrim / Fallout4 are four pages down now.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Very unlikely, but it's still possible they would actually try to shut down the Nexus. They've promised to only let mods that's completely unavailable on the Nexus (yeah, right) to be available on CC, and guess what? They all have the exact same thing, and there's much better stuff on the Nexus, too. If they're going to take the Nexus down, the Nexus doesn't really have that much to defend themselves, not to mention the PC audience compared to console's are mere peanuts for Beth/ZeniMax.
*puts on tinfoil hat*

yeah!!! absolutely man!!

Mark Richard

Arcane
Paid (and inferior) versions of free mods (which is against their Creation Club policy), a selection of content limited to bog standard skins which amount to little more than microtransactions, and a pricing system that would make Scrooge McDuck wet his feathers. I don't know why I bothered giving Bethesda the benefit of the doubt, this is an insult. The only difference between this and the Steam mods debacle is they're expanding their victims to console platforms where the Creation Club will probably achieve success.

Bocian

Arcane
I genuinely wish them as many business decisions like this one. Let them take down the Nexus, make all the mods paid, strongarm the modders into submission or bribe them with cash they'll earn. I won't shed a single tear. Let's let this trashcan burn freely. People will open their eyes eventually, and hopefully, after pulling off so much of that shit, Bethesda is going to start to collapse. But it will already be too late.

passerby

Arcane
You wish, literally million people can claim they boycott them and it'll be barely a blip on their radar and 90% of "boycotters" will buy the next TES anyway.

Have you seen a codex steam group on F4 release day ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom