Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paid mods are back - Bethesda's "Creation Club" for Fallout 4 and Skyrim

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The advantage of paid mods and Nexus being taken down is that we won't ever need to mod our Bethesda games again. No more spending hours and hours downloading and tweaking mods, crashes and unstability.

Thank you Todd Howard.

Turjan

Arcane
b3a20a6589cea94fa90cfb51fdf79ec7aa48059f.png

:prosper::prosper::prosper:
That's how they hide Zika victims in Beth-Fallout.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
They haven't disabled free modding.
Very unlikely, but it's still possible they would actually try to shut down the Nexus. They've promised to only let mods that's completely unavailable on the Nexus (yeah, right) to be available on CC, and guess what? They all have the exact same thing, and there's much better stuff on the Nexus, too. If they're going to take the Nexus down, the Nexus doesn't really have that much to defend themselves, not to mention the PC audience compared to console's are mere peanuts for Beth/ZeniMax.
If Bethesda takes the Nexus down, Creation Club modders will have nowhere to ask "how do I mod X?" type questions...

Frozen

Arcane
Retards who play like TES game should be milked.

Go for the wallet Todd

I would suggest "Pay for Patch" as next logical step.

Forget paid mods, Bethesda should pay people to play their games. With that said, they couldn't pay me enough.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Why is anyone surprised by this? Bethesda described exactly what the earning model would be when they introduced the club.

A few hundred dollars seems low pay for detailed 3d models like those, but then again the purpose of a program like this is to find people willing to work for cheap, so nobody should be crying except for youtubers faking outrage on behalf of others in SJW style.

Santander02

Arcane
Huh, so modders get some shekels thrown their way once to slave away to meet Beth's "standards" only for them take away their work to sell and then they'll never see another cent from it, do they really think people are going to line up to take it up the ass like that?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Huh, so modders get some shekels thrown their way once to slave away to meet Beth's "standards" only for them take away their work to sell and then they'll never see another cent from it, do they really think people are going to line up to take it up the ass like that?

Currently most modders don't make any money from their mods, so a few hundo just for sending it to Bethesda might be enough incentive for some to take advantage of this program. Although from my experiences modders are a proud group of people. Giving up control of their mods might not be something they want to do.

I also wouldn't trust Bethesda's quality control. After giving the money to the modder what happens if the mod needs an update because they looked over some game breaking bug or something?

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
For now, they are not forcing this upon people who bought the game -still free modding is avaliable. As long as it stay that way, its not a problem for me, if there are people who are willing to pay, so be it. There are always people who spend their cash in some ways, that might sound unreasonable for others

Educated
People found out some of the coming mods from decompiling files. It's shit like more pipboy colors, Tunnel Snakes armor, Doom armor, etc.
QCwt0JG.png

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUpw9KnTYsM

Also people say the file format ToddClub uses, ESL has ~4000 records limit. Which is from what I read abysmally small and makes making quests mods impossible. Posting these in case some people still think paid mods will fund quality quest mods :)

Arnust

Savant
Also people say the file format ToddClub uses, ESL has ~4000 records limit. Which is from what I read abysmally small and makes making quests mods impossible. Posting these in case some people still think paid mods will fund quality quest mods :)
To put it into perspective, Automatron has 50.000 records.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
People found out some of the coming mods from decompiling files. It's shit like more pipboy colors, Tunnel Snakes armor, Doom armor, etc.
QCwt0JG.png

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUpw9KnTYsM

e2d49fa23c.png

:deathclaw:

Surely you need a horse first before you put armour on it, or did I miss some horsey Fallout 4 DLC? A robot horse? Synth horse?

Arnust

Savant
Surely you need a horse first before you put armour on it, or did I miss some horsey Fallout 4 DLC? A robot horse? Synth horse?
You've got the Giddyup Buttercup thing theyintroduced in Fo3. And that's a Power Armor that is kind of melded with oarts of Giddyup Butercups. I don't get it either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom