Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox has bought White Wolf, plans on giving "some fresh blood" to the WoD/Vampire IPs

Bigg Boss

Arcane
We hope to do something? Yeah, I figured as much when you bought the rights but...just don't talk if you have nothing new to say. Better yet hire MCA and Sawyer and make a Lycan/Vampire hybrid.

lightbane

Arcane
A Bloodlines 2 nowadays would be a SJW-cest, as people are predicting here. The latest book of NWoD's Vampire features a blatant gay couple going at it in a side-panel just because. There was also shit about "trigger words" and worse.

Ovg

Cipher
Gays being vampires is ridiculous! Not like they spread HIV and have strange blood fetishes.

If I were Paradox I'd rather name my wod game redemption 2, cause whatever I fuck up will still end up being better than the original.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
A Bloodlines 2 nowadays would be a SJW-cest, as people are predicting here. The latest book of NWoD's Vampire features a blatant gay couple going at it in a side-panel just because. There was also shit about "trigger words" and worse.

:what:

That's what happened to all the scifi mags in the 90s. WoD books used to be great.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Exalted action game is totally something I could get behind. It would put Asura's Wrath to shame in terms of crazy.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...es-in-the-past-i-dont-want-to-do-that-anymore

[...] Not every publisher would have let six years pass before making another full Crusader Kings game, out of fear that an opportunity could be missed. Instead, Paradox showed patience, and the brand has gone from strength to strength.

The same is true with the White Wolf properties Paradox acquired in October 2015, a collection that includes World of Darkness, Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse. In a separate conversation with the press at PDXCon, Paradox's VP of business development Shams Jorjani said that "we're making RPGs," before adding, "we bought White Wolf because we believed it had a great set of IPs that could be used for a multitude of different kinds of RPGs."

Wester confirmed as much to us, pointing to Paradox taking "a bigger stab at RPGs" as one of the growth areas for Paradox over the next few years. Whether we learn more this year or next has not been decided, he said, because the way Paradox now works means, "anything can be shutdown before it reaches alpha if it doesn't match the quality level."

"We have the White Wolf catalogue of games," he said. "There are a couple of projects that are at more than an experimental level right now. People ask us why it's taking such a long time to do anything with the White Wolf stuff. And, well, we want to do things the proper way this time.

"We've released crappy games in the past, many years ago. I know how it is to release buggy, unfinished games. I don't want to do that anymore."

Plisken

Learned

nowadays? lol. Vampires and goth have always been by faggots, for faggots. The faggots who consider themselves too high brow for the "fuck you dad" crowd just set their particular brand of faggotry in the renaissance period instead (i defy you to find me anyone who is a big fan of the character "lestat" and doesn't come off as a complete fucking ponce cruising for anal bruising on craigslist)

that you ever manage to get a vampire material that is as good as bloodlines is a near miracle, at any time. which is why its unlikely to happen again

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hey, they accidentally exposed their Slack (internal communication tool) screen during livestreaming.

nfntxYH.jpg
cCKF1td.jpg

Things with "x_" prefix are likely non-work related channels. But what about that team renegade? Something to do with this from White Wolf's Wraith: The Oblivion? Or something to do with Surviving Mars?

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
Here's what vampires were like when I was a kid. Gay? Possibly, but no one ever mentioned it.

Klaus Kinski's Orlok was pussy-looking and pathetic but still beats the pants off modern takes of vampires. :(

Even doing something fucked up like watching someone eat and the creepy subtext is beyond so many making vampires now.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
White Wolf registered trademark "ORPHEUS" for video game (as well as tabletop RPG and TV series): https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/018108477

WoD Orpheus: https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Orpheus

The last original gaming line to be set in the World of Darkness, Orpheus tackles the world of the dead following the events of the Sixth Great Maelstrom. A corporation called the Orpheus Grouphas learned and perfected the art of projection, allowing people who have undergone near-death experiences to leave their bodies and enter the spirit realm. The company uses these employees, along with allied ghosts, as agents, and contracts them out to clients for investigations into hauntings, fumigating raging spirits, and other spooky tasks.

Orpheus is unique among the World of Darkness lines, as from the beginning it was planned as part of a limited run, a practice that set the basis for newer Chronicles of Darkness games such as Promethean: The Created and Changeling: The Lost. Only six gaming books (one core book and five supplements), plus a fictional anthology, Haunting the Dead, were released. The Orpheus story is specific, and completely told through the six books, via role-playing scenarios, fiction, and a set of signature characters.

While Orpheus does tie in loosely with White Wolf's previous effort at the afterlife, Wraith: The Oblivion, it is not treated as a true sequel or continuation, although players of Wraith will certainly find parts of Orpheus familiar, especially towards the end. Orpheus is also unique in that other supernatural characters, such as vampires and werewolves, have no real place in the game. The Core book states that if, in your game you want them to exist, you can, but the Orpheus characters would be heavily outmatched as they are essentially plain, run-of-the-mill humans. The book also notes that the werewolves and vampires have done a good enough job of hiding from the mortal world, and Orpheus, at the moment, does not know about them either.

Is this the new grand strategy game by PDS?

deuxhero

Arcane
Here's what vampires were like when I was a kid. Gay? Possibly, but no one ever mentioned it.

Klaus Kinski's Orlok was pussy-looking and pathetic but still beats the pants off modern takes of vampires. :(

Even doing something fucked up like watching someone eat and the creepy subtext is beyond so many making vampires now.

I love the running gag in Monster Hunter International that while all sorts of intelligent monsters have a few good individuals (even ones you never expect), vampires never do and vamps love the sexy vampire shit since it makes it so easy to find victims.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom