Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox has bought White Wolf, plans on giving "some fresh blood" to the WoD/Vampire IPs

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Just read it. Any real info? Couldn't find anything. I mean, the only good news is that the guy didn't outright say NO to anything good that was suggested...

Also, bringing the IP to the 21th century could be a slamdunk or a disaster depending on catering to or mocking SJWs...

pippin

If the game ends up being by Obsidian, it will be possible that some angry people blame them for catering to SJWisms all over again after the PoE incident, without realizing WoD's books have had SJWisms for a very long time.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
If the game ends up being by Obsidian, it will be possible that some angry people blame them for catering to SJWisms all over again after the PoE incident, without realizing WoD's books have had SJWisms for a very long time.
Which of course will be the convenient excuse by the apologists. Ignoring the fact SJW stuff is not present for that long of a time, and SJWs in general hate oWoD because of cultural appropriashun and stereotypes.

pippin

Bloodlines is a product of an age long time gone. However, I have met many sjws who like WoD because of the multicultural shit. It's like they'd rather play a game with demons from all over the world rather than D&D which is just elves and orcs and humans. Besides, you're allowed to play genderfluid characters and etc. It's not a problem for me, because after all you're playing with characters with supernatural powers, where the supernatural is more of a norm than an exception, but I *will* be pissed if the usual suspects consider it as "progress" while this shit has been available for ages. Like that bit about the female character in FO4.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
D&D 5E adressed that and reinforces that you can play as a tranny :M

I mean it's a game set in magical worlds where anything can possibly happen but people still need that confirmation in the book, so it can be :incloosive:

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
You can play a tranny in any game that has the "disguise" or "impersonate" skill.

ebIIhiE.png

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Sure! Come with me to this alley, so I can show you how many tranny options we have!

lightbane

Arcane
Even NWoD's and V20 books' SJW bullshit aren't that prominent. Granted, their taint is here and, as you may expect, it is as subtle as being hit with a sack of bricks and more often than not unintentionally hilarious*, but it can be easily skipped by ignoring the section and/or page, without affecting the rest of the product. In addition, Demon: The Descent is a recent game and yet completely free from this bullshit. What's more, Beast: the Otherkin Revenge Fantasy Simulator Primordial also had SJW elements. Unfortunately, it didn't work too well in its case, because the "minority" character is a literal man-hating butch who uses her ideology as an excuse to beat up people. Even better, Gamersgate was also referenced IIRC. Therefore, perhaps we may get very little or nothing at all from these things.

:troll:

*One example is NHunter's Mortal Remains, which has a completely out-of-topic and sudden page which rants that if you don't like trannies and/or people who identify as male/female/turbohelicopter/whatever, you're a terrible person. However, the example character provided is a mummy, a freaking undead thing who comes from totally not-Egypt in order to accomplish something, so they will certainly care little for that bullshit when these creatures live with literal borrowed time. Also, his profile picture has a guy who looks quite masculine, undoing even more their intent :lol:.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I remember seeing the Demon book at Saraiva back when you could find RPG stuff in libraries. Didn't even think of getting it because my family would probably have me exorcised.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I have a bad feeling. Because I have an example of Warhammer 40k franchize with neverending shovelware, warhammer chess, warhammer MOBAs, warhammer dating sims I suppose in the making.

lightbane

Arcane
Actually, for those who don't know, NWoD's Demon is VERY different compared with the old one. It's more like Matrix meets Doctor Who, Terminator and James Bond. Clearly more focused on sci-fi than most, if not all, NWoD games. Nevertheless, it looks quite good IMO. Quoting from the Onyx Path's webpage:

http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/worldofdarkness/demonthedescent/
The Machine is everywhere. It is under the everyday world, behind it, beyond it. Its mechanisms stretch through time and space, and alter events in ways that humanity cannot imagine. The God-Machine sends forth its angels to enact its will, delivering messages, building Infrastructure, protecting some people, killing others. And you were one of those angels. But not anymore. Now you are one of the Unchained, a fallen angel who defected to the human race. Yours is a world of false identities and clockwork conspiracies, stolen faces and hidden works of the Machine. You cannot — will not — return to the sterile embrace of Heaven. All you can do is reign in Hell.

Demon the Fallen's premise begins and ends with let's make a game where people play demons. For everything except the Earthbound it's just Vampire 2: Lucifer Bogaloo and if you want to play the Earthbound you need to shell out more money. Descent bizarrely would be a better fit for the oWoD, even if you just went with the lazy fluff option that the God Machine is Authocthon gone crazy after the avatar storm and it's seeding the earth with its angels-processes to seize control of the Pattern Web from the Weaver and that some of them have gone rogue.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Speaking of things that are rad, Yakuza Apocalypse is probably the most accurate film depiction of an average WoD campaign.

Actually, for those who don't know, NWoD's Demon is VERY different compared with the old one. It's more like Matrix meets Doctor Who, Terminator and James Bond. Clearly more focused on sci-fi than most, if not all, NWoD games. Nevertheless, it looks quite good IMO. Quoting from the Onyx Path's webpage:

http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/worldofdarkness/demonthedescent/
Reads like some kind of oWoD MtA Technocracy Renegade, who defected from serving Weaver to... going by the description I'm not sure to whom exactly. Well, it's hard to be more shitty than oWoD DtF, so I don't really care.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
They are overpowered, so combat is out, unless you fight other Demons or boss-level monsters for other supernaturals. You can't really crossover to other settings, since their core beliefs destroy all other "how the world came about" stories and stuff.

Personally, I love Demon: the Fallen the most, but it's one of those systems that would be hard or impossible to GM for a group.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom