Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox has bought White Wolf, plans on giving "some fresh blood" to the WoD/Vampire IPs

What's wrong with that? From wikia looks good. Never touched the original material
Basically what Havoc has said. DtF contradicts many metaplot stands (mostly Cainite lore, some WtA lore, Kuei-jin lore), implementing it into a game with other supernatural creatures requires very much juggling on a behalf of a Storyteller, it doesn't integrate well into pre-existing chronciles, and Demons were too OP. Also I, personally, disliked their lore and cosmology, but that's a matter of taste I guess.

Hegel

Arcane
What about mages, weren't those guys at the top of the food chain?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In the WoD there is no top, only concentric onion layers of ever bigger assholes.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

They want to make WoD to "most recognizable horror universe" and hope it will get a HBO series treat. :M

Tidbits about computer games:
- Paradox will publish some WoD computer games, but not all computer games.
- They know there are a lot of people asks about Bloodlines 2 and a new Hunter game.
- They're in talks with many people on licensed products (computer games and other things), but it's too early to say.
- One of them is the team behind Project Vaulderie (Bloodlines remake project that cease-and-desisted by CCP).
- In general, they're against exclusive license. But in case of AAA game or big movie based on certain setting, it's possible.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I would love a HBO or Netflix take on WoD series :)

The little Vampire the Masquerade TV show we had in the past was very nice although it lacked bigger budget and it suffered from the times it was made (less realistic characters).

Tytus

Arcane

The little Vampire the Masquerade TV show we had in the past was very nice although it lacked bigger budget and it suffered from the times it was made (less realistic characters).

When superhero movies will finally fail to bring the profit Disney desires it will buy out WoD and make it another Cinematic Universe.

Phase 1 movies:

Vampire: Masquarade
Vampire: Bloodlines
Werewolf: Awakening
Promethean: Creation
Mage: Ascenction

World of Darkness (Avengers type team up movie)

Phase 2 movies:

Vampire: Revelation
Werewolf: Apocalypse
Promethean: Degenaration
Mage: Reckoning
Demon: Diabolization

World of Darknes 2

:P:P:P:P:P:happytrollboy:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I would prefer a TV series done by HBO, Netflix or Starz. Even if someone wanted to make a serious movie at best it would turn out to be like that WoD knockoff series of movies

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Let's just hope they don't license shit out willy-nilly Games Workshop style.

pippin

Why would anyone want a WoD production made by mainstream non-gaming companies? Don't you guys know it's THE CURRENT YEAR?

lightbane

Arcane
Tytus
Where are the Wraith: the Romancing Spirits and Changeling: the Otherkinning movies? And what about The Technocracy: the Bayexploding? :troll:

pippin

Those ackshents though, if you want multikult why don't you just use different languages instead of that?

hajro

Arbiter
The Tokyo Ghoul IP is more interesting than WoD after having read both of their source material. :thumbsup:

Xathrodox86

Arbiter

Oh hell yes. It had Brian Thompson as the Brujah. If the lead actor would not get himself killed, the show would go on.

Anyway I want to know one thing: is Paradox going to make oWoD or nWoD games. I want my oWoD fix, damn it!

pippin

I dunno men, the only way to make a valid WoD (or at least Vampire) show would be making it some sort of esoteric gorefest, because you already have True Blood and Twilight and all that shit, without counting all those fantasy romance novels made for women. But you won't be able to do that, considering the manuals are a SJW wankfest with special pronouns and all that shit. And I'd rather not have anyone touch Bloodlines ever again.

It's weird. They insist in allowing sjw roleplay but iirc the lore says very clearly that vampires don't have the same lusts of living people. They don't feel actual hunger, they don't "sleep" like humans do, they don't feel horny, nothing. They are only motivated by blood. I think there's an ability that allows vampires to emulate the "pink" tint of living human skin, I dread the day some fucker uses that to excuse some sort of sappy bullshit like vampires ~in love~ AGAIN.

pippin

They will give it to Bethesda. After all, they have done deep crpgs with vampires before.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Y4gUcaZ.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
I dunno men, the only way to make a valid WoD (or at least Vampire) show would be making it some sort of esoteric gorefest, because you already have True Blood and Twilight and all that shit, without counting all those fantasy romance novels made for women. But you won't be able to do that, considering the manuals are a SJW wankfest with special pronouns and all that shit. And I'd rather not have anyone touch Bloodlines ever again.

It's weird. They insist in allowing sjw roleplay but iirc the lore says very clearly that vampires don't have the same lusts of living people. They don't feel actual hunger, they don't "sleep" like humans do, they don't feel horny, nothing. They are only motivated by blood. I think there's an ability that allows vampires to emulate the "pink" tint of living human skin, I dread the day some fucker uses that to excuse some sort of sappy bullshit like vampires ~in love~ AGAIN.
True Blood was terrible. WoD's Vampire show would need to be a better quality with less retarded characters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom