Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Yeah I know about the backstory and the letters, I was talking about the poems that you can find scattered around the labyrinth. It's basically a story about a templar and an ezomyte helping each other through the labyrinth, apparently the ezomyte fell short right before the end. I was just wondering whether the templar might've been Chitus himself.

I actually went and rechecked all poems in lab and there is no templars here.

Basically it says (short version):
Warrior (aka Son of Ezomyr, ezomyte, poet and nameless corpse in the end) and Guide (aka Son of Sarn, Eternal, Chitus) went into labyrinth.
Guide showed path and Warrior destroyed enemies.
Then warrior been wounded Guide saved his life with some supplies hidden in lab.
Later they got in argument about throne and Chitus said he have similar beliefs as Warrior (some type utopian ideal it's vague) so they can rule together.
Chitus poisons Ezomyte. fin

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Ah well, guess I miss-remembered the templar part, but good to know that it actually was Chitus. What an asshole though. Thanks for checking up on it, saved me the trouble.

Revenant

God Damn, the new currency stash tabs look nice. But eating a hot meal every day is nice too!

Will wait for a sale, as is tradition.
hahahaha lol pay 2 win trash

"Path of Exile will never be pay to win" my ass

what a losers' game, go play Diablo III already

Aothan

Magister
I've resumed playing and have noticed the trade values for the Tabula Rasa have increased between 50% - 100% (approximately 14 - 20 Chaos orbs), what is the typical value in leagues for said armour. In other words, at what price might it be expected to plateau at ? And speaking of trading:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1638061

I don't know what to say, that sounds unduly serious, at least as a 'trade feature' and this is as someone who used to squander their time preparing trades in Aion months (and then years) in advance (it was educational in one sense but otherwise a grievous waste of 'real' time)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
15-20c, usually cheaper in HC leagues since people prefer to wear actual armour for defenses instead of having a 6th link.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1638061

I don't know what to say, that sounds unduly serious, at least as a 'trade feature' and this is as someone who used to squander their time preparing trades in Aion months (and then years) in advance (it was educational in one sense but otherwise a grievous waste of 'real' time)

:M

T. Reich

Arcane
Tabula is essentially a leveling armour that is good for glass cannon builds up until mid-tier (yellow) maps.
And it's more of a groupthink sheeple leveling armor anyway, IMO.

Considering that a decent 5L armor with actual defense + life + resists would only cost you a little of dps (any endgame-viable skill is viable into endgame maps even on a 5L and often even on a 4L) and will actually be worth 10c or less even at the start of the temp leagues (5c for a semi-decent armor base + a bit of chaos-rolling), I consider Tabula a suboptimal gearing choice most of the time and almost never use it.

Aothan

Magister
I prefer four-links and armour with energy shield, all the more for my playstyle, which is why the Tabula Rasa has not been used, but as a trade item it seems valuable and with the recent increase in value wonder if it is going to continue or reflects the economy stabilising (i.e. more Chaos orbs available for trade purpose)

granted it could be used well with Cast on Melee but the thought of forgoing so many natural defences seems risky, on the other hand, the new Mind over Matter and Hierophant abilities could synergise well. There is also the Spirited Response jewel to assist with sporadically fluctuating mana levels. Thinking about the defensive benefits of MoM it might work better with Armour & Evasion but that would require some investment towards the Ranger pathways

T. Reich

Arcane
At the very least, a Tabula will always cost no less than 1 divine orb is worth. That immediately puts it in 10-30c range depending on the league played and the ime of the league. Mean average is around 15-20c, and has been so for a while now.

Me personal preference for leveling armors is currently Briskwrap -> Foxshade/Viper's Scales -> Icetomb -> any 5L -> an endgame 5L/6L.

Carceri

Arcane
I like Cloak of Flames for casters when lvling and that includes low and mid-tier maps, depends how many sockets/links I get. Dunno why this chest is so underrated. Managed to get two of these early in PHC and in combination with granite/basalt flask it simply rocks, especially on reflect with a ethereal knives crit character.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tabula is less than 10c since Cadiro sells it for cheap and pretty much everyone has it. In PHC at least

Aothan

Magister
yes, it is really noticeable how many persons have this armour, but for now price is slightly above 15 chaos orbs at minimum going by the listings found on the PoE index site. I should probably trade mine shortly as well and start looking for above average life, mana, energy shield, energy regeneration combinations on items

Zdzisiu

Arcane
yes, it is really noticeable how many persons have this armour, but for now price is slightly above 15 chaos orbs at minimum going by the listings found on the PoE index site. I should probably trade mine shortly as well and start looking for above average life, mana, energy shield, energy regeneration combinations on items
No idea which league you are playing, but tabula on Perandus St is 8-10c, and on Perandus HC its slightly more expensive, 10-12c. Thats from poe.trade site.

Veelq

Augur
Tabula is good because it has 6 white sockets linked so you can swap gems anyway you want. You can still overcap resists with good gear and use other sources of defence to overcome the lack of stats on the chest.
I agree on Cloak of Flames - its basically a cheapo Lightning Coil with less stats, but safer element ( i'll take fire dmg anyday instead of lightning, shock effect is brutal ).

Aothan

Magister
and on Perandus HC its slightly more expensive, 10-12c. Thats from poe.trade site.

having checked multiple times and watched the average range increase I would say compare search options, I typically use online, buyout and not corrupted, you can also check by selecting Off for Online Only, buyout and max buyout 12 Chaos orbs (four available). Presently I would say the price is slightly over an average of 15 Chaos orbs

Zdzisiu

Arcane
and on Perandus HC its slightly more expensive, 10-12c. Thats from poe.trade site.

having checked multiple times and watched the average range increase I would say compare search options, I typically use online, buyout and not corrupted, you can also check by selecting Off for Online Only, buyout and max buyout 12 Chaos orbs (four available). Presently I would say the price is slightly over an average of 15 Chaos orbs

Perandus Hc, online off, noncorrupted Tabulas: 10,11,11,12,13,13, 25fuse, 14,14 those are the lowest options at the moment.

Perandus SC, online off, noncorrupted Tabulas: 7,8,9.5,11,11,12,12,12,12

It seems like the only difference comes from you using the Online option. Yes, if you want to buy the Tabula this very moment, it will probably cost a chaos or two more than the lowest price available. But when you are selling, you cant just set your price at 15c and hope you gonna sell it. You wont.

Aothan

Magister
http://poe.trade/

this website ? In any case if those are the lowest without an upper buyout (i.e. twelve which limits my results to five) then it shows the average price is typically higher (99 results). I don't know what you mean by won't be able to sell, those numbers show below 15 Chaos being a minority and also then less likely to be available for trading purposes. And either way you are agreeing the average price is approximately 15 Chaos orbs

edit: just to briefly add, yes trading can be variable in itself, but as a rule persons gauge value from PoE trade, many will accept a conventional value, especially if during those times it is the lower range (15) compared to other set prices

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
http://poe.trade/

this website ? In any case if those are the lowest without an upper buyout (i.e. twelve which limits my results to five) then it shows the average price is typically higher (99 results). I don't know what you mean by won't be able to sell, those numbers show below 15 Chaos being a minority and also then less likely to be available for trading purposes. And either way you are agreeing the average price is approximately 15 Chaos orbs

edit: just to briefly add, yes trading can be variable in itself, but as a rule persons gauge value from PoE trade, many will accept a conventional value, especially if during those times it is the lower range (15) compared to other set prices
When you are looking to buy something, all you are interested is the the cheapest you can get the item, not what is the average price. If there is a 1000 tabulas, 5 of them are for 5c, and the rest are for 15c, the normal average will be 14.95c but for the buyer the average price is not important, its the lowest available to him thats the one he is after. In case of tabulas, the case is even easier because every tabula is exactly the same, no matter if you pay 8c or 15c, there are no rolls that would be different. The only think that would make a tabula different from the rest is the corruption if you get one. And even then, most of the corrupted Tabulas are exactly the same as the noncorrupted ones, so for a normal buyer, there is no difference and he might as well buy a corrupted one if it is the cheapest. The only exception here is a buyer who wants to corrupt his tabula himself looking for a nice corruption, but those are a minority and they know what they are doing and what they are willing to pay.

So my point being is that setting your buyout price for not corrupted Tabula at 15 will make it very difficult because all the buyer care about is the ones with the lowest price, preferably available at the moment. And there are cheaper than 15c ones available nearly at all times.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Have the devs said anything about ever reducing the amount of shit that drops, or did they go "just filter it bro lol"?

Also, nice servers.

Veelq

Augur
I like to think of it as a psychological thing - you need trash to figure out what is good and what is not. And this game is all about lewt and character building. If all that drops were legendaries ... well lets not think about it :smug:
And yes, atm its filter or riot.

Aothan

Magister
So my point being is that setting your buyout price for not corrupted Tabula at 15 will make it very difficult because all the buyer care about is the ones with the lowest price, preferably available at the moment. And there are cheaper than 15c ones available nearly at all times.

for the most part we agree, it would be pedantic to further consider how committed some are to always purchasing the lower value (which is also partly reflected in what preforms the average), but inasmuch as the price and availability fluctuates throughout the day it is possible to trade at average value (i.e. when the range fluctuates above the average price). For instance as of this moment the price is once again slightly above average, and though I tend to underprice for various reasons (one being I don't always 'objectively' agree with the 'market') including also the reasons you have outlined nonetheless now would be a feasible time to leave the trade available at 15 Chaos orbs whilst playing for an hour or more

the point about trading at an effective value is entirely valid, and so if there are ten or more equally priced items available then it is wiser to sell below this figure, however for the same reasoning if we can at least agree the lower range average is 15 Chaos then I would venture we might also note that this means this selling average can temporarily rise. Whether someone wants to trade for one or two more Chaos orbs for the effort involved is another matter, much like with Aion I spend too much time playing around with these marginal values for effective cost, although I am advocate of the nickle and dime method my interest is more psychological than profit orientated, and as I said I'll usually keep most trade values relatively low

edit: glad I checked on this, my intended meaning of 'nickle and dime' is not to exploit but to focus on intermediate and niche areas and try to find effective but also reasonable ways to trade, I do this out of habit because I don't join groups or powergame so it can be enjoyable to find modest ways to gradually develop resources. Admittedly this is almost (outside of personal interest) altogether moot in a game such as Path of Exile

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
I like to think of it as a psychological thing - you need trash to figure out what is good and what is not.
No, you really do not need a million white and blue items on the screen for that. I caved in and started using a filter after doing the Coward's Trial where literally my whole screen was covered in labels.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I like to think of it as a psychological thing - you need trash to figure out what is good and what is not.
No, you really do not need a million white and blue items on the screen for that. I caved in and started using a filter after doing the Coward's Trial where literally my whole screen was covered in labels.
And what exactly is wrong with using lootfilters? The only think I believe they could improve is to integrate them more into the game. To make separate tab in the options menu dealing with filtering certain kind of loot. That would look less amateur than an .ini file you edit outside the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom