Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Goromorg

Savant
Grim dawn definately has larger areas with higher mob density, but I don't like it - it feels like unending trashfest.

Guys do you have experience with bleed builds? I am planning a DoT gladiator for the next challenge league
Main hand - Jack the axe and later - a good rare axe with Vagan's mod, offhand stat stick - prismatic eclipse. AoE skill - sunder, single target - double strike or a viper strike (with compatible pair of weapons on weapon swap). What would be the best support gems? Is knockback good for increasing bleed damage?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It's certainly a decent build but unless you get insanely lucky you're gonna have to roll vagan for a while until you hit the jackpot so I'd say don't plan around getting one until at least 3-4 days into the league.

Goromorg

Savant
I meant Vagan's mod that gives 100% chance to cause bleeding on hit. No matter, I don't really plan to use anything better than Jack until the very end of the league because I play super slowly. This is if I won't die in normal lab to traps lol. It's a shame that dead HC chars do not transferred to a corresponding SC challenge league.
I wish if there was some middle ground between HC and SC that severely punishes you for dying but doesn't force you to reroll.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Ah right, Tora has the bleed mod in her shop while Vagan has truestrike weapons, mixed those two up since I never use either of them. Witch masterrace.

If you were able to get from HC challenge into SC challenge you'd be able to severely influence the economy of the SC challenge league, which would be kinda bad so I'm guessing they decided to not do that a couple of years ago and won't ever change it.

Padre

Liturgist
Another 2 ascendancy points. Nice. Will have to try another srs build. My HC spectre summoned was nice but keeping those guys alive is kinda tiring.

Looked up some of the builds and they are all a bit glass cannonish for my taste. Any experience with the ZO/MOM/EB combo anyone?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Zdzisiu

Arcane
interesting.

I didnt quite get if number of you prophecies run will be set (like lets say 6 per difficulty) or you will be able to repeat them on different maps..

Am I able to find those ascendancy ballance changes anywhere?
The details of the changes will probably be revealed with the changelog on the day of the release.

Maybe some more details will be released during the next week, but those will probably be about new skill gems, unique items or prophercies itself rather than balance changes.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Dang, I knew I should have rolled staunching flask.

Yeah, a staunching flask is quite essential from around level 40-50+. Also, some insta flasks from around level 60+ are a very nice thing to have too.

All in all, flask are often an overlooked aspect of many peoples leveling process, and recently flasks became increasingly more powerfull, some bordering on OP.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I'd generally advise against doing the following corrupted areas unless you KNOW you can handle them:
Lunaris - Arcane Chamber - the one you died in
Dried Lake - Abandoned Dam - unless you know how the boss works, dont do it
Den/Fellshrine/Caverns - Hollow - That flickerspider haunts my nightmares
Scepter of God - Sealed Chamber - Boss is easy until he enrages, once he does you'd rather not get hit (and he moves like 300% faster so yeah)
Library/Archives - Gallery - Chaska. Worst offender of them all in my opinion, only the original Rima was a bigger pain in the ass.

Forgotten Oubliette (shocked ground RoA dude) is also kind of sketchy, as is Forbidden Chamber (Totembro) if you have no way of killing the totems while damaging him.

All in all I'd actually skip most of the difficult ones while leveling since you more often than not don't have maxed res/flasks for the bosses that would help you survive if you get hit.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I'd generally advise against doing the following corrupted areas unless you KNOW you can handle them:
Lunaris - Arcane Chamber - the one you died in
Dried Lake - Abandoned Dam - unless you know how the boss works, dont do it
Den/Fellshrine/Caverns - Hollow - That flickerspider haunts my nightmares
Scepter of God - Sealed Chamber - Boss is easy until he enrages, once he does you'd rather not get hit (and he moves like 300% faster so yeah)
Library/Archives - Gallery - Chaska. Worst offender of them all in my opinion, only the original Rima was a bigger pain in the ass.

Forgotten Oubliette (shocked ground RoA dude) is also kind of sketchy, as is Forbidden Chamber (Totembro) if you have no way of killing the totems while damaging him.

All in all I'd actually skip most of the difficult ones while leveling since you more often than not don't have maxed res/flasks for the bosses that would help you survive if you get hit.
And the funny thing is, that Chaska and Rima have in common the attack that kills you, and the reason why it does. It the "Rain of", physical protectiles in case of Chaska, and Ice protectiles in case of Rima. The reason why they are so deadly is because they can stunlock you very quickly and then you are going to it them all.

Its the same reason why Crematorium map boss is quite deadly, She uses the Firestorm skill that works the same way. The projectiles rain from the sky, stunlock you and go to town on your ass.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Well Rima was retarded on release because she would frostbite you off screen and throw her goddamn GMP freezepulse traps which would shotgun and oneshot you. Fun times. Chaska on the other hand just deals insane damage once shes below 50 and especially 25% HP. I remember a video of a guy testing her mechanics back then because EV/Dodge based character seemed to be unable to avoid any damage. Everyone assumed her attacks were attacks but silly us, it was bladefall all along and we all know how OP that shitty spell is.

As long as Invasion is up any map with a single damage mod is an instant alt+f4 the moment I see tittybitches/spiders on a tileset/mobspawn that didn't have any yet. I've lost way too many characters in ruckus/flashback events to fucking Cintiq/Chaska to try them on even my sturdiest builds.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Chaos changes revealed:

"
No legacys for infernal mantle / consuming / voltaxic values to 60% of current ones.

voltaxic convert 60% lightning to chaos

consuming converts 30% fire to chaos

Source : chris just revealed this on state of exile.

"

T. Reich

Arcane
Ugh. Mostly "ugh" at "no legacy versions".
What happened to their adamant stance that "we legacy all the numerical changes because muh technology/reasons"?
Now they suddenly CAN and WILL un-legacy the numerical changes, apparently INCLUDING the previously-legacied versions (like the 75% conversion consuming).
Not asking for no nerfs here, but I am asking for consistency in actions. Either un-legacy all legacy gear, or keep hands away from the legacy versions altogether.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Ugh. Mostly "ugh" at "no legacy versions".
What happened to their adamant stance that "we legacy all the numerical changes because muh technology/reasons"?
Now they suddenly CAN and WILL un-legacy the numerical changes, apparently INCLUDING the previously-legacied versions (like the 75% conversion consuming).
Not asking for no nerfs here, but I am asking for consistency in actions. Either un-legacy all legacy gear, or keep hands away from the legacy versions altogether.
Yeah, thats what annoyed me too. I have no problem with nerfs for the future item drops so the next league wont again be 100% chaos conversion meta, but whats the problem with it staying in Standard?

I thought Standard is the "Anything goes, have fun!" league.

But maybe the reasoning is that 100% chaos conversion builds are just too strong even for Standard and that they make any other build unappealing by comparison so without the legacy items dissapearance it would be mostly 100% chaos conversion builds and not much else there.

Again, the "no legacy" this time around is a surprise as it is a change from the previous stance of not changing the already created items (Except skill gems). And it changes both the items AND the legacy versions of them (Consuming Darkness) which is a double surprise.

Maybe there are things in the near future that GGG knows about that require such a change.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Are they going to buff monsters? I found myself doing tier 10 maps easily without even touching my flask, and I can do 100% uptime for flasks for 77% physical mitication. I lack content where I have to pay attention.

I say tier 10 only, because I have gotten only a handfull of higher tier maps this league. I don't get how top players can sustain their map pools.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Chris adressed the difficulty/power creep issue by talking about how quite a few monsters weren't dealing the damage they were supposed to in maps. As an example he mentioned the goat shamans whose fireballs would deal literally no damage in maps (I think he mentioned that they deal 30 damage to be exact). Basically the mobs that are already somewhat scary (cannibals for example) won't get buffed, instead mobs like these shamans will get fixed so that they deal appropriate damage which makes the game more difficult. I'd actually suggest listening to the state of exile cast they did yesterday, it's quite informative and having the Lead Designer say "call it failure to manage on my part" when asked about the race-season was kinda hilarious and sad at the same time.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Will do, maybe tomorrow.

In other news, I bought a portal to t14 vaal temple map for 30chaos. Every other player in the party charged straight to the bosses and died, while I stayed behind and cleaned the mobs. Got t15 colosseum map for my troubles and cleared it until the boss remained. Then I sold 4 portals to a boss kill. Got 60chaos and a t14 map.:smug:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
apparently friend of mine plays poe so obviously we want to somehow meet in new league.

Now I have issues with planning new build. So far I've settled on ranger, raider ascendancy, melee, stacking frenzy charges, acrobat(always wanted to utilize snakebite and I see no reason not to include it for more fun)
Now I have trouble with picking up weapon and skill. Was thinking maybe claws but not sure(seen dreamfeather build idea but im not really convinced that I want it. Claws are nice for suitability. Also dont want to go with daggers again). From skills ive only played with reave, dual/double strikes and molten strike.

Anything interesting you can share or just go with reave? Were not really following new melee skills added in past few leagues.
There are talks that frost blades might be ok now that you can get both the ascendancy points for 1 more projectile and 1 more chain, and people theoretize about the new claws (Touch of Anguish) being good for such a build. Or maybe take a look at ethreal knives, but they might be a bit more suited for a shadow instead of ranger.

I will probably try building a frostbolt+vortex or ice nova Shadow. It will probably not be the new meta build, but I would like to see how far I can take it, and it looked pretty decent in the video from GGG.

Also, some mob dropped a Voltaxic for me on Perandus, perfect timing with the nerfs incoming...

Veelq

Augur
apparently friend of mine plays poe so obviously we want to somehow meet in new league.

Now I have issues with planning new build. So far I've settled on ranger, raider ascendancy, melee, stacking frenzy charges, acrobat(always wanted to utilize snakebite and I see no reason not to include it for more fun)
Now I have trouble with picking up weapon and skill. Was thinking maybe claws but not sure(seen dreamfeather build idea but im not really convinced that I want it. Claws are nice for suitability. Also dont want to go with daggers again). From skills ive only played with reave, dual/double strikes and molten strike.

Anything interesting you can share or just go with reave? Were not really following new melee skills added in past few leagues.

This one looks fun, swords and axes only.

varangos

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
Planning to get back in,I had a ground slammer marauder around lvl 80,can anyone give info about the best ascendancy classes for groundslammer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom