Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Padre

Liturgist
I'ill pass. Waiting for the new league to start tbh. I'm kinda angry tbh because Necro didn't get any buffs for 2.3. Looking how some other Ascendancies got nice OP skills, it makes me sad.

Maybe you guys can propose some new juicy build? Melee is out of the question. And I like screen clearing skills, something that does not require you to click spam too much.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Necro did get buffs, quite nice ones too. Spirit Eater gets 30% miniondmg, 2 additional corpses for desecrate and 2% attack/castspeed for every corpse consumed recently. Commander of Darkness has also been buffed all around, granting more dmg/attack/castspeed and 20% ele res, which is kinda great since it also applies to yourself.

Padre

Liturgist
Well god damn I was blind. Didn't notice that Commander of Darkness buff. It's actually really powerful now. Those bonuses are per aura? I mean attack and cast speed?

And please explain Spirit Eater to me. I guess 30% inc dmg is always active. But are those buffs after consuming a corpse also transferred to your minions? I don't think so.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Only you as the caster benefit from spirit eater +attack/castspeed, but having 30% inc. minion damage on Spirit Eater makes it a viable alternative in the tree. Also makes casting stuff like desecrate, convocation or the offerings faster so thats always nice, same goes for movement skills like WB/LW. The commander of darkness bonus applies once per aura, so that is a significant, almost gamechanging buff since you don't have to worry about minion resistance jewels or your own resistances as much. I always had trouble running all the uniques that a summoner usually wants and still get overcapped resists for EW maps.

Seeing the necro changes I'm rather tempted to run an animated weapon build, last time I played one it didn't have all the nifty new stuff like elemental resistance from ascendancies, charge generation via victarios charity or the new AW chestpiece that comes with 2.3.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Was thinking of getting back into this, haven't played in a long while. Current idea is to do a SRS build with poison support; that should let me double dip on both increased duration and increased minion damage effects, letting the poison do most of the damage and generally producing a lot of DPS from a safe distance with a stream of cannon fodder to absorb attacks.

I also thought of trying to do something similar with another spell, but there's not a lot you can use increased duration with that also benefits from poison. The only other real option is Blade Vortex, which could give me a similar effect but using AoE mods instead of minion- however, there are a lot few of those mods, and it's range and lack of defense seems like a major limitation. Pity it doesn't count as a projectile, that would fix things right up.

Edit: Bear trap maybe too as an option? Seems unviable vs crowds though.

Padre

Liturgist
Depends. Can poison proliferate?

I would vote against srs with poison. It's best used in slow, hard hitting chunks of damage. Srs is more like swarm of little hits. Won't really benefit from poison that much.

What about split arrow + poison + that newly buffed ranger ascendancy point where your arrows return to you?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka

T. Reich

Arcane
The big drawback of using poison with SRS is that a lot of typical SRS build's damage comes from elemental damage: 1) SRS has an implicit 50% phys to fire conversion, and 2) Hatred aura is often used for a big damage boost as well.
As a result, only roughly 1/3 of such build's damage comes from ele sources, and poison only scales from phys part. Some of that can be bypassed by using vulnerability aura instead of hatred, but you can't bypass the 50% fire conversion anyway.

T. Reich

Arcane
I would vote against srs with poison. It's best used in slow, hard hitting chunks of damage. Srs is more like swarm of little hits. Won't really benefit from poison that much.

False. Poison has unlimited stacking capability, so the only factor that's important is how much phys/chaos DPS you do.
It doesn't matter if you do 5x hits of 100 damage or 1x hit of 500 - the end result will be the same.

Goromorg

Savant
Hey guys, what do you think is more important: rarity or quantity? I think I can reach 75% IIQ and around 115% IIR with this shockwave totem build www.poeurl.com/DY6
With 2.3 jugg buff it will have 100% immortall call uptime and also can reach 6k hp at lvl 90.

The big drawback of using poison with SRS is that a lot of typical SRS build's damage comes from elemental damage: 1) SRS has an implicit 50% phys to fire conversion, and 2) Hatred aura is often used for a big damage boost as well.
As a result, only roughly 1/3 of such build's damage comes from ele sources, and poison only scales from phys part. Some of that can be bypassed by using vulnerability aura instead of hatred, but you can't bypass the 50% fire conversion anyway.

Poison is still a direct dps upgrade over, say, multistrike. It is particularly effective if you don't have an aurabot tagging along (in which case phys damage remains a significant portion of total output) and if you're facing a strong unique boss (the higher its hp, the more efficient poison becomes).

Ultimately, it's not a build-defining mechanic. Your clearspeed is still capped by shitty SRS AI, and the bosses still die really fast due to the ability to swarm them with 50 precast skulls.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Hey guys, what do you think is more important: rarity or quantity? I think I can reach 75% IIQ and around 115% IIR with this shockwave totem build www.poeurl.com/DY6
With 2.3 jugg buff it will have 100% immortall call uptime and also can reach 6k hp at lvl 90.
IIQ is more important, it increases the currency and map drop chance, IIR does not do that. People believe that the best ratio of IIQ to IIR is somewhere around 2.5 so for 75% IIQ you would need around 180 IIR but having a lower IIR wont matter that much.

IIR is more important if you plan on farming Bosses and other mobs that drop a fair amount of items by default. In such a case, a lot of IIR is important because the mob drops many items and any of them will be affected by your IIR.

But for general farming, consensus seems to be that IIQ is more important, especially if you can get a fair amount of it (50+), and some IIR.

So, your build should work quite nice, it aint no dedicated culler but those work only in party play.

Goromorg

Savant
Yep, I don't plan to run Dominus or Piety over and over, just want to play maps and gather currency. And one more question - is chaos recipe worth the hassle? Maybe it's more efficient to just push forvard and not to collect every crappy rare?

T. Reich

Arcane
Do the chaos recipe the easy way - pick up and ID all the rare ammys+rings+belts. Sellable shit goes to shop, vendor jewellery goes to the chaos recipe tab.
As soon as you get 2x rings + ammy + belt combo, just start picking up the remaining gear pieces for the recipe.
Collecting armor + weapon pieces for the recipre before you have the jewellery bits is definitely a waste of time.

In fact, if you run any decent amount of IIR+IIQ, you're better off skipping the chaos recipe altogether and just focus on speed-clearing maps (pick up currency + sellable uniques, ID all the top base rares, only keep sellable ones). That's how the top players play anyway (also because they can afford it).

Saark

Arcane
Patron
rundominuse.jpg

high IIR for uniques, 1:2.5 iiq:iir ratio for overall great drops, high iiq for a lot of rares. That's only for boss farming though, so for maps you'd most likely want the 1:2.5 ratio. If you don't mind trading for currency regularly the un-ID chaos recipe gets you more currency overall than the id-one which is mostly used by people who don't want to trade that much. The basic thought process behind it is that for every additional chaos-orb you get with the un-ID recipe you can just trade them into alchs and alch three jewelry pieces of your choosing which can either be sold or used in another ID-recipe. Alch:C ratio is usually 3:1 or 2.5:1, you'll just have to trade for them.

As far as blade vortex+poison goes the most common builds would be a max-block necromancer (utilizing selfcast offerings to stack before bosse/accomplish max-block) or pathfinder which doesn't need the poison support-gem thanks to the ascendancy bonus and scales incredibly well with the unique flasks that add a lot of damage to BV. Poison prolif is only doable with binos.

Last edited:

Carceri

Arcane
And even some massive buffs for it. The addition of phasing on max frenzy charges and on onslaught is very significant for this ascendancy.
care to explain more? I dont get whats so special about phasing
It has direct synergy with Avatar of The Veil. That gives you 20% movement speed, elemental status effects immunity and 10% additional spell dodge chance, IIRC. All these while phasing, so having it on permanently it's pretty sweet for an acro - phase acro ranger.

varangos

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
JESUS,doing my labyrinth all kool and dandy then bang!server disconnect........

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Haha, had spare fuses from Perandus that got transfered to Standard. 6 linked my Shavs with 50 fuses. It only took 3k hours of game time to get it!

Edit: 6 linked my Pledge of Hands with another 100 or so fuses. Now I will probably die in a horrible accident today.

Last edited:

varangos

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
rng jesus loves you,i have burned 1200 fuse to 6l a doryanis and a maroqui and ragequited twice:D

i have seen many folk claiming that they 6l with less than a 100 fuse or even 10,though they didnt say how many times they have tried to 6l stuff.

Goromorg

Savant
No poison double-dipping changes. GG, GGG!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom