Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

GrainWetski

Arcane
Our launch has uncovered a big problem where our game instances are taking up ten times as much memory as they did previously on our servers.

Shit is fucked.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Our launch has uncovered a big problem where our game instances are taking up ten times as much memory as they did previously on our servers.

This is a buff!

RuySan

Augur
I couldn't play this properly both yesterday and Friday. Lots of lag and disconnects.

Btw, does this expansion offers anything to players who aren't on the endgame grind?

I play this for a while and never even got to the mapping part

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I couldn't play this properly both yesterday and Friday. Lots of lag and disconnects.

Btw, does this expansion offers anything to players who aren't on the endgame grind?

I play this for a while and never even got to the mapping part
There is also the essence league running with this expansion. Its basically groups of mobs frozen in essences, you click them to wake them up, and fight them with some added effects, and then grab the essence from their dead bodies. The essences are crafting items that work like an alchemy orb but they guarantee one specific mod to be on the rare item, the rest will be random. The higher tier essences act like chaos orbs, with the guaranteed one mod. They are nice for some crafting when you level, and I bet they will be usefull in end game crafting when you just need one or two mods on a piece of equipement so you spam a white item with essences until you get something good.

Other than that, all of the new content is at the endgame, namely atlas that is all about running maps.

RuySan

Augur
Don't know if I'm in the mood to create yet another character, since I did that two weeks ago.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Either they've upped the magic find for this league or I'm being extra lucky. Finished normal having found a bug bunch of chaos orbs, 2 portal gems, a 5link armor... and I usually don't get shit.

On the other hand I still haven't found any vaal side areas, and forsaken masters seem to be hiding from me.

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Either they've upped the magic find for this league or I'm being extra lucky. Finished normal having found a bug bunch of chaos orbs, 2 portal gems, a 5link armor... and I usually don't get shit.

On the other hand I still haven't found any vaal side areas, and forsaken masters seem to be hiding from me.
Its rng. I found my first chaos orb in Merciless, havent found 5L yet, despite being level 72, no portal gems. But I found around 20 uniques, all of them various levels of shit. So you were blessed by Chris, use it wisely!

Nim

Augur
I've found 2x 20% gems already, a bunch of chaos, 2 uniqs and I'm only in act4 normal lol. RNG :dance:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I found 2divines, Carcass Jack, which I 5linked with 60jews and 10fusings, and Windripper. Feeling quite lucky.

RuySan

Augur
Found an unique, some Jesus Christ hat, right at the first area. Don't know if was lucky or if drop rates are changed.

Right now this game has so much depth and content that it's ridiculous it's free.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Found an unique, some Jesus Christ hat, right at the first area. Don't know if was lucky or if drop rates are changed.

Right now this game has so much depth and content that it's ridiculous it's free.
Well, they increased the drop rate of uniques by a bit some time ago. And yes, the game has a staggering amount of depth, so much that I wonder how the fuck do new players manage to get it all.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have been playing my Ice Nova witch in Standard League (started 1 week before new league started :D) and Ice Nova is for sure more useful than Vortex, it has a noticeable larger AoE even if it has weaker DPS. Also I have been watching people on stream go through the game with their Blade Vortex characters and I clear the game faster with this Ice Nova build. Maybe Blade Vortex is for later parts of the game.
Anyways I am lvl 78, did all 3 difficulty and Lab on all 3 difficulty. Have been doing up to T4 maps so far and just tried Aztiri, got demolished by 2 Vaal :D (well killed one, almost killed second but ran out of portals to come back after dying :D)

Aztiri was lvl 70 map, does the level go up at any point or is it always stuck at 70?

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Atziri is level 70 map and uber Atziri is level 80.

Imo, blade vortex has an edge against ice nova because it has duration, meaning you can dodge and still do damage and leech. And blade vortex hit and crit often which fills your flask if you have pathfinder's master surgeon or your flask have surgeon mod.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Atziri is level 70 map and uber Atziri is level 80.

Imo, blade vortex has an edge against ice nova because it has duration, meaning you can dodge and still do damage and leech. And blade vortex hit and crit often which fills your flask if you have pathfinder's master surgeon or your flask have surgeon mod.
Ok true it can do damage while you are just moving but it still has low range, you need to stay close to enemy. Ice Nova has range of whole screen and I just keep well outside of everything and cast it a few times then Whirling Blade to new position (well I try to do that if net connection would be good).

How do you access uber Aztiri?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I decided to finally try out Icestorm at least a little this league, and picked up a cheapo 2c staff for it and threw my dozen or so jewelers on it to get at least 4 sockets. 6 orbs later, I have a 6 socket staff. 7 link at level 40. Disgusting. I can't even maintain casting this shit at all. Can't wait until I've gotten to a decent level and adjusted my build for it more so it really shines.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ice Storm?
Use mana leech, it will make your life easier.

Hmm wiki says it is a skill from a unique weapon. This is first time heard of this :D

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Ice Storm?

Hmm wiki says it is a skill from a unique weapon. This is first time heard of this :D
Yeah, the whispering ice unique staff gives this skill on level 1, and you scale it with your intelligence. Try it with the gloves that give temp chains on hit.

As for the Uber Atzirii question, you need to collect 4 fragments, like for normal Atzirii, but those uber fragments only drop from normal Atzirii. So, you kill normal Atzirii a couple of times (Yeah, more than a couple), and collect full set, open them in map device and have fun (or rip, a lot).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ice Storm?

Yeah, the whispering ice unique staff gives this skill on level 1, and you scale it with your intelligence. Try it with the gloves that give temp chains on hit.

As for the Uber Atzirii question, you need to collect 4 fragments, like for normal Atzirii, but those uber fragments only drop from normal Atzirii. So, you kill normal Atzirii a couple of times (Yeah, more than a couple), and collect full set, open them in map device and have fun (or rip, a lot).
That will happen once I figure out how to kill both Vaal and normal Aztiri first :D

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Is there anything close to the old Ice Crush build? I really liked playing with that skill even though it is not the fastest and absolutely best to play with.

Something to try the new league with.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Ice Storm?

That will happen once I figure out how to kill both Vaal and normal Aztiri first :D
You do know that there is another fight before Atziri, after double Vaals, right? It is the famous trio.

As for Vaals, the trick is, that if you kill one of them, the other one gets really upset about it and goes berserk attacking faster. So you need to bring one to very low health, kill the other one and quickly deal with the low health one.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
This game is lame. I only have it because of this thread and I hope the title is not sarcasm.

Considering the number of updates that go through Steam it most be seriously broken.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ice Storm?

You do know that there is another fight before Atziri, after double Vaals, right? It is the famous trio.

As for Vaals, the trick is, that if you kill one of them, the other one gets really upset about it and goes berserk attacking faster. So you need to bring one to very low health, kill the other one and quickly deal with the low health one.
Hmm, that would explain why I had more problems with that one than both :D
Their lightning attacks murder me . I am not sure if I can even control them much since in all boss fights I just Whirling Blade to edge of screen and use Glacial Cascade in general boss directions. If my 2 golems keep bosses busy for a while I spam it while I can, otherwise I repeat the process .

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Ice Storm?

Hmm, that would explain why I had more problems with that one than both :D
Their lightning attacks murder me . I am not sure if I can even control them much since in all boss fights I just Whirling Blade to edge of screen and use Glacial Cascade in general boss directions. If my 2 golems keep bosses busy for a while I spam it while I can, otherwise I repeat the process .
You might consider having a topaz flask for this fight, it gives increased max lightning resistance and helps withstand their lightning balls. Also, try to whirling blade through the line of balls, not away from them, so they will not keep hitting you as they go further.

You could also maybe try using concentrated effect support gem for this fight to control who you are dealing damage to. It makes your aoe smaller but gives you a lot of damage, this way you can deal damage to one of them till he is low on health, and then kill the other one.

Also, flasks in general are often overlooked but they can be a very potent tool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom