Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
Anyone knows a good Elemental Hit Bow build? Elemental hit because I don't want to need a super awesome bow, Elemental Hit is the skill doing most damage

T. Reich

Arcane
Elemental Hit is the legendary useless skill. I commend you for choosing to play with it. Please keep us entertained up-to-date with your heroic exploits.

Oh, and the best bow for that skill is The Storm Cloud. No joke.

Veelq

Augur
If you want to play Ele Hit - just use Doomfletch Prism bow with any other skill and scale phys damage instead. Same idea of triple elemental dmg but way better result.
As for the league - i need to figure out a build with the new Terror Claw - The Scourge. Prolly a Necromancer with max block. And prolly CI because CI with essence crafting is really good option.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Elemental Hit is the legendary useless skill. I commend you for choosing to play with it. Please keep us entertained up-to-date with your heroic exploits.

Well I came up with this passive skill build: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...aOt1G3aje-OOf51To1vGz8pf22vno-uv68fsJ_gr-HQ==
Plan is to combine Elemental Hit with Weapon Elemental damage, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Faster Attacks and when I can get a 5 link Empower. Notable passive on that passive tree is Elemental Equilibrium. I also took passives to have 50% pierce chance and almost 100% immunity to chill and freeze. Also mana leech passives to keep my mana filled. I plan to use Blasphemy and Elemental Weakness and Increased AoE as my Aura (and probably will need Grace as well or some other offensive one). I will have 10% chance to get Onslaught on kill and 10% chance to get Frenzy Charges on kill (and also have Onslaught when my Frenzy Charges are full). I also took lot of improved critical chance passives so I should also have a decent chance to critical hit and apply status effects.
I also plan to use Blink to move around fast.

I am open to any additional suggestions on what skills to use to support this play.

How entertained are you? :D

ArchAngel

Arcane

This bow is not that good. I can get rare bows with multiple elemental stats. But since it is a lvl 38 bow, it can be useful until a end game bow is acquired.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Well I came up with this passive skill build: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...aOt1G3aje-OOf51To1vGz8pf22vno-uv68fsJ_gr-HQ==
Plan is to combine Elemental Hit with Weapon Elemental damage, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Faster Attacks and when I can get a 5 link Empower. Notable passive on that passive tree is Elemental Equilibrium. I also took passives to have 50% pierce chance and almost 100% immunity to chill and freeze. Also mana leech passives to keep my mana filled. I plan to use Blasphemy and Elemental Weakness and Increased AoE as my Aura (and probably will need Grace as well or some other offensive one). I will have 10% chance to get Onslaught on kill and 10% chance to get Frenzy Charges on kill (and also have Onslaught when my Frenzy Charges are full). I also took lot of improved critical chance passives so I should also have a decent chance to critical hit and apply status effects.
I also plan to use Blink to move around fast.

I am open to any additional suggestions on what skills to use to support this play.

How entertained are you? :D
Empower? Its not that great of an idea on an attack skill, they don't gain that much per gem level. But elemental hit is "special" so if you have an already leveled empower, you can try it and see if the dps is better.

You have 76% increased max life on that tree. That is quite low, I would suggest taking the whole Scion life rectangle, you can never have too much life even in softcore.
Drop the 3 elemental resistance nodes near the start of ranger, go through the one projectile damage node, two more nodes for life. Resists are easy to cap with gear and master crafting. Never really take resist nodes unless you will respect out of them later or know what your are doing.
Drop dynamo and the small node before it, you wont need mana that much mana, your leech will work fine with Essence sap.
Drop the 3 nodes on the right that are about a chance to avoid status ailments. You get a flask for freezes and don't give a fuck about the rest.
Why the hell are you taking the chaos damage/resistance nodes? For chaos resistance? Don't, they are not good, and chaos resist can be dealt either through flask, or ignored for the most part. You don't deal chaos damage so its wasted on those nodes.
Consider taking Arrow dancing. You will be ranged most of the time, so melee hits won't be that frequent, and having near 100% to avoid projectiles is very nice.
You might go down through Ballistic mastery and Heart of Oak, more damage and more health, also stun avoidance.

Another thing. Don't use blasphemy with aoe, it will increase the reserved mana, it's a big no no. Just use a curse on hit setup, something like curse on hit, gmp, lightning arrow, elemental weakness should work well, one shot of this to open a fight and then your regular damage.

The improved criticals are a nice idea, just be sure to find a bow with decent crit chance, like harbinger.

Blink is ok as a movement skill on a bow user.

That is for now, good luck with making the elemental hit work, I bet only Ghudda could do it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I wanted to use Blasphemy with Elemental Weakness precisely so I can remove one click from what I need to do every fight. This way it is also always active on bosses and such.
Another option is to do what I have on my Ice Nova Witch, one of the Heralds+Curse on Hit+Elemental Weakness+Innervate. Weakness of this is that boss fights usually have me it not being active on a boss. And I really want Elemental Weakness since it reduces resistance for all 3 elements and will work very well with Elemental Equilibrium. Since Blasphemy and Elemental Weakness would be only aura I have it would not use that much of my mana.

Is there a totem that can cast EW for me? Is that a good idea to use for boss fights and such? Also what distraction do bow users normally use for boss fights and such? My witch has 2 golems and they do buy me some time during battles.

As for passive tree recommendation, I will consider them. I can easily respec out of them if I don't need extra elemental resistance or extra mana :)
Yes I considered Arrow Dancing but less dodge vs melee?! Hmm... you might be right, but on my witch the melee enemies that jump on me are toughest and that character with total of life+ES has more total life. I kind of left it out for now, but it is just one point to put into later if I see I need it.

Any comments on my Ascendancy choices?
Also I wanted to make myself immune to freeze so I can ignore using that flask. vs Bleeding and remove curse/poison are already enough to worry about.

After playing this Ice Nova witch, I want another low maintenance character :D

Veelq

Augur
Main point that Zdzisiu said imo is about life on the passive tree - 76% is very low. In PoE a lot of things depends on your life pool - how much you can facetank, your life regen, stun mechanic ( less life = easier to get stunned and IIRC stun lasts longer, so you get chain stunned and cannot react ). The comfort from having good life pool is often underestimated. Always try to get min. 140-160% on ranged characters and 170%+ on melee. With something like 4-5k life you will feel the difference immediately.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I wanted to use Blasphemy with Elemental Weakness precisely so I can remove one click from what I need to do every fight. This way it is also always active on bosses and such.
Another option is to do what I have on my Ice Nova Witch, one of the Heralds+Curse on Hit+Elemental Weakness+Innervate. Weakness of this is that boss fights usually have me it not being active on a boss. And I really want Elemental Weakness since it reduces resistance for all 3 elements and will work very well with Elemental Equilibrium. Since Blasphemy and Elemental Weakness would be only aura I have it would not use that much of my mana.

Is there a totem that can cast EW for me? Is that a good idea to use for boss fights and such? Also what distraction do bow users normally use for boss fights and such? My witch has 2 golems and they do buy me some time during battles.

As for passive tree recommendation, I will consider them. I can easily respec out of them if I don't need extra elemental resistance or extra mana :)
Yes I considered Arrow Dancing but less dodge vs melee?! Hmm... you might be right, but on my witch the melee enemies that jump on me are toughest and that character with total of life+ES has more total life. I kind of left it out for now, but it is just one point to put into later if I see I need it.

Any comments on my Ascendancy choices?
Also I wanted to make myself immune to freeze so I can ignore using that flask. vs Bleeding and remove curse/poison are already enough to worry about.

After playing this Ice Nova witch, I want another low maintenance character :D
Well, if you make Elemental weakness into a curse on hit setup like I suggested, you can use your mana on some defensive aura, like grace, and one quick shot of ele hit curse isnt really that much problem.

Bow users usually have a lot of movement speed so they try to keep their distance, you could also try the decoy totem with some life, it will pull the boss away from you and give you some space.

Those jumping assholes are always tough to deal with, you either manually move away when they jump or armour with granite flask and tank it.

Ascendancies: I think I would go deadeye instead of Raider to get one more projectile, so I could drop gmp for lmp, and the pierce chance.

If you want to be immune to freeze then wear wanderlust boots or dream fragments ring. I know why you want to be immune to freeze because it was annoying on your with low life. Just get 5k life on the Scion and you will be ok.

And as Veelq said, more life, more life is always good, even in softcore, you don't want to be one shotted and stunned and freezed to death.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Main point that Zdzisiu said imo is about life on the passive tree - 76% is very low. In PoE a lot of things depends on your life pool - how much you can facetank, your life regen, stun mechanic ( less life = easier to get stunned and IIRC stun lasts longer, so you get chain stunned and cannot react ). The comfort from having good life pool is often underestimated. Always try to get min. 140-160% on ranged characters and 170%+ on melee. With something like 4-5k life you will feel the difference immediately.

Especially when the only acceptable way to play the game is HC.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If I understand right combining Blink Arrow with Faster Projectile should give me faster teleport ?

Also I don't want to spend half my points chasing health bonuses on the passive tree, that is why I am playing Softcore. I agree that I probably need to take more than I did, but I will do that once I see myself dying like crazy or something. For now I will try to stay away and kill enemies faster then they can kill me :D

Zdzisiu

Arcane
If I understand right combining Blink Arrow with Faster Projectile should give me faster teleport ?

Also I don't want to spend half my points chasing health bonuses on the passive tree, that is why I am playing Softcore. I agree that I probably need to take more than I did, but I will do that once I see myself dying like crazy or something. For now I will try to stay away and kill enemies faster then they can kill me :D
It should but the increase won't be that noticeable since blink arrow is quite fast on it own, but if you insist slap some faster attacks and faster projectiles on blink arrow, should be all the speed you could ever want.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm, would this work: Blink Arrow+Curse on Hit+Elemental Weakness+Increased AOE. I will be using Blink often vs tougher enemies and the minion I get will hit someone to apply that Curse?!
This way I remove that one extra click to use curse in other ways.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Hmm, would this work: Blink Arrow+Curse on Hit+Elemental Weakness+Increased AOE. I will be using Blink often vs tougher enemies and the minion I get will hit someone to apply that Curse?!
No, the clone will only use a default attack and the stats from you bow and quiver. So no curse on hit is possible with it.

I still maintain that on click for a split arrow, curse on hit, ele weakness faster attacks will be the better solution. It will quickly become your second nature to press "Q" or "W" once in the general direction of a pack of mobs and then hold right mouse button.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Especially when the only acceptable way to play the game is HC.
I would agree except corpse explosions are utter bullshit and you can't even attempt half the map mods in HC because they're actually dangerous. HC is excellent in principle, but PoE was built very much around softcore to the point HC feels pretty gimpy.

RuySan

Augur
Has anyone else been having problems with lag in the first few minutes after logging in?. Its getting so ridiculous that I've "lost" my hardcore character without having any idea of what happened

ArchAngel

Arcane
No, the clone will only use a default attack and the stats from you bow and quiver. So no curse on hit is possible with it.

I still maintain that on click for a split arrow, curse on hit, ele weakness faster attacks will be the better solution. It will quickly become your second nature to press "Q" or "W" once in the general direction of a pack of mobs and then hold right mouse button.
vs normal mobs I will not need it, it will be faster to just murder them and vs bosses I don't want to stand still and waste time to maybe hit it so I can curse it.
If Blink Arrow + curse does not work, spell totem that casts the curse sounds better to me. It will also distract the boss and after it casts the curse I don't care if it dies or lives. And if boss ignores it, it will keep casting it over and over while I kite and fight?!

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
If you want a super fast single target curse, try flameblast with it, cast time is only a fifth of a second, no projectile to aim. The only issue is curse on hit makes the curse duration shorter, which is kinda lame. Would still be less clunky than a totem though, I'd imagine.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you want a super fast single target curse, try flameblast with it, cast time is only a fifth of a second, no projectile to aim. The only issue is curse on hit makes the curse duration shorter, which is kinda lame. Would still be less clunky than a totem though, I'd imagine.
I can cast the curse myself if I need to target anything to get it casted?! The point is to have a curse that I don't need to cast at enemies, that is why I wanted it to be an aura at first. Spell Totem is also cast anywhere and forget about it, all these other solutions.. I might as well cast it myself, it don't even need to click on boss directly and it does not need to hit, move my character or anything else...

T. Reich

Arcane
Has anyone else been having problems with lag in the first few minutes after logging in?. Its getting so ridiculous that I've "lost" my hardcore character without having any idea of what happened
The game currently defaults to not loading a lot on startup and instead it loads the necessary assets as you play.
If you have a slow HDD/connection, it often results in ungodly amount of lagging in the first several minutes and sometimes even longer.
You can turn this option on by adding " --noasync" to the executable command line. It would then revert to the old method when the game first preloads a shitton of assets on startup.
I use it because I don't own an SSD.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think I am going to use a similar setup to my Ice Witch. Herald of Ice connected with Innervation to get easy access to Onslaught. With that Ice bow (I am already trying to trade for it) any critical is going to shatter enemies and trigger HoI. Witch also had Cast curse on hit connected here but as I said this caused this curse to rarely be on bosses/unique.
Now like the witch physical damage is going to be biggest problem (I cannot even use granite flask due to Dodge), so I was thinking using Artic Armor and some Cast on Damage Taken combination.. but not sure what to cast here.. maybe Enduring Cry? Or something else that can give me a boost vs physical damage?

Does anybody know if you can respec your Acendancy points?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I think I am going to use a similar setup to my Ice Witch. Herald of Ice connected with Innervation to get easy access to Onslaught. With that Ice bow (I am already trying to trade for it) any critical is going to shatter enemies and trigger HoI. Witch also had Cast curse on hit connected here but as I said this caused this curse to rarely be on bosses/unique.
Now like the witch physical damage is going to be biggest problem (I cannot even use granite flask due to Dodge), so I was thinking using Artic Armor and some Cast on Damage Taken combination.. but not sure what to cast here.. maybe Enduring Cry? Or something else that can give me a boost vs physical damage?

Does anybody know if you can respec your Acendancy points?
The typical cast on damage taken setup is like this: Cast on damage taken l7, Immortal call L9, Increased duration max level, it will give you a second or so of phys immunity after getting damaged for around 1000dmg. You can't use Enduring cry with cast when damage taken since it was changed to have a "warcry" tag.

You can respect ascendancy points, it just costs 5 regrets/respec points per one ascendancy point. If you respec all your ascendancy points, you can even change your ascendancy class the next time you finish a lab.

Dux

Arcane
Does anyone know how to get Path of Exile to stay in your library even after you've uninstalled it? I've already beaten it but it'd be nice to have it there nonetheless.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Does anyone know how to get Path of Exile to stay in your library even after you've uninstalled it? I've already beaten it but it'd be nice to have it there nonetheless.
But why would you want it there if you uninstall it? To remind yourself that you have already beaten it?

Dux

Arcane
Something like that. Free or not I still treat it the same as any of my other games, which is only right considering it's quality. It's be neat to have it there in my collection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom