Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

GrainWetski

Arcane
Right click on it and add to favorites? No idea if that works.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I done some changes to the tree I planned originally to take into account some of your suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...e-OOf51TtP_Gz8kXyl_ba-ej66_rx-wn-Cv4d_o_-ug==

Notable changes is switch to Deadeye ascendance and giving up on Frenzy changes build (I will get Onslaught in other probably better ways). Also I went a bit more into Dualist tree to take life leech passives (if they work with non physical damage attacks). Also for 5th L I was planning Increased Critical Strikes to make sure those criticals happen more often (probably better than Empower but I will probably try both). Does the +1.x critical chance bonus from that support get added to base critical of the weapon?

So far my planned skill/support combinations are:
#1 Elemental hit+weapon elemental damage+LMP+Faster Attacks (+Increased Critical Strikes/Empower)
#2 Spell Totem+Elemental Weakness+Increased Duration(?!)
#3 Herald of Ice + Innervate+ Increased AoE(+Ice Bite if that works)
#4 Immortal call+Cast on Damage Taken+Increased Duration
#5 Blink Arrow + Faster attacks (+ maybe Improved minnion life?!)
#6 Vaal Grace also dropped and it seems powerful, I was thinking of using it when fighting bosses, probably can link it with Increased Duration or something
#7 Also Artic Armor I will put somewhere.

Edit: also now I am thinking if it is worth taking Elemental Weakness or Projectile Weakness?! Since all my damage is considered projectile and that curse gives a bigger bonus to damage... probably does not mean much if enemy has 75% resistance to elements (and I doubt I will be able to max Elemental Weakness due to my not so high Int).
Edit 2: Ice Bite Support seems nice, I wonder if it works with HoI and if I can use that to get Frenzy Charges.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Has anyone else been having problems with lag in the first few minutes after logging in?. Its getting so ridiculous that I've "lost" my hardcore character without having any idea of what happened
The game currently defaults to not loading a lot on startup and instead it loads the necessary assets as you play.
If you have a slow HDD/connection, it often results in ungodly amount of lagging in the first several minutes and sometimes even longer.
You can turn this option on by adding " --noasync" to the executable command line. It would then revert to the old method when the game first preloads a shitton of assets on startup.
I use it because I don't own an SSD.
Man, thanks for the info.
I returned to the game year later with better GPU and was wondering why does it munch my hard drive so much (got no SSD too) made totally unplayable for minute or two.
And I can't alt+tab to read/watch because it pause this process.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You guys wanted to read about my pain.. well here is 1st one. Elemental Equilibrium... seems it was not a good idea. This is what it says about it on wiki (A hit carrying all three elements types will give +25% to all elemental Resistances.).... yea... I spent like most of Act 2, whole Act 3 and small part of Act 4 making my life harder, not easier since I made sure I got as much elemental damage with gear and auras :)

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Hmm, that would explain why I had more problems with that one than both :D
Their lightning attacks murder me . I am not sure if I can even control them much since in all boss fights I just Whirling Blade to edge of screen and use Glacial Cascade in general boss directions. If my 2 golems keep bosses busy for a while I spam it while I can, otherwise I repeat the process .

You should play act2 boss a couple times to master it for atziri. You can learn it's phases and know when to attack and when to run around it. You should never lose sight of them so you can see when the attacks are coming. First lightning attack is the hardest to evade since it comes pretty fast especially if you are standing on chilled ground.

Same goes for the trio and atziri herself. You have to know the figth mechanics to succeed.

T. Reich

Arcane
Hmm, that would explain why I had more problems with that one than both :D
Their lightning attacks murder me . I am not sure if I can even control them much since in all boss fights I just Whirling Blade to edge of screen and use Glacial Cascade in general boss directions. If my 2 golems keep bosses busy for a while I spam it while I can, otherwise I repeat the process .

You should play act2 boss a couple times to master it for atziri. You can learn it's phases and know when to attack and when to run around it. You should never lose sight of them so you can see when the attacks are coming. First lightning attack is the hardest to evade since it comes pretty fast especially if you are standing on chilled ground.

Same goes for the trio and atziri herself. You have to know the figth mechanics to succeed.

The mechanics of a single Vaal differ from the mechanics of Atziri's dual Vaal.

The correct strategy is to burst them down, at roughly the same time, because when the first Atziri Vaal dies, the second one gets basically enraged and becomes basically unmanageable due to constant rapid attack spam.
This phase is probably the only Atziri boss that requires more of a DPS check than technical expertise.

RuySan

Augur
Was there any changes to the trials of ascendancy in the latest expansion? They're not appearing to me in the latest play through

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
They're appearing as normal for me, you should get the message telling you there's one of the trials when you enter one of the areas they're at.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
You guys wanted to read about my pain.. well here is 1st one. Elemental Equilibrium... seems it was not a good idea. This is what it says about it on wiki (A hit carrying all three elements types will give +25% to all elemental Resistances.).... yea... I spent like most of Act 2, whole Act 3 and small part of Act 4 making my life harder, not easier since I made sure I got as much elemental damage with gear and auras :)
Yeah, elemental equilibrium is a fickle mistress. It could work if your hits only did one type of elemental damage, a different type every hit. But with elemental hit, you have no control over the type of elemental damage that will be added, and there is no guarantee that it won't be the same as in the previous hit, for which the monsters now have increased resistance. So really, respec out of it and maybe, maybe give it another go later in the game (To be honest, elemental hit will still have the same issue there).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah, elemental equilibrium is a fickle mistress. It could work if your hits only did one type of elemental damage, a different type every hit. But with elemental hit, you have no control over the type of elemental damage that will be added, and there is no guarantee that it won't be the same as in the previous hit, for which the monsters now have increased resistance. So really, respec out of it and maybe, maybe give it another go later in the game (To be honest, elemental hit will still have the same issue there).
I already respeced, I kill shit faster now :D
The problem is not Elemental Hit, I was willing to take that random chance that 2/3 shots will be doing 50% more damage. The problem is that my bow base damage is Lighting, HoI is Cold and I got fire damage on rings and quiver (for this build to work I got to go full elemental everywhere on gear) so the first and every hit is all 3 elements always. I (wrongly) assumed that it going to end up as 25% bonus to all elements and -50% penalty to all elements resulting in 25% boost to damage for all 3 elements but it actually works that now all enemies get just 25% bonus vs all 3 elements :D

Also I added a Ice Golem to my build. It is a nice distraction and it gives me both accuracy and critical hit boost :)
I will try to make a link Blink Arrow+Faster Attacks+Improved Minion Life+Ice Golem

ArchAngel

Arcane
There is another combination that I had an idea, Blink Arrow+Faster Attack+Cast on Death + Elemental Weakness? :D
Blink Arrow minion dies fast anyways every time, this way he will be useful and I don't need to use Spell Totem?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
There is another combination that I had an idea, Blink Arrow+Faster Attack+Cast on Death + Elemental Weakness? :D
Blink Arrow minion dies fast anyways every time, this way he will be useful and I don't need to use Spell Totem?
Not the best of ideas. Cast on death won't trigger on minion death. Also, your clone is not dying, he is despawning after a short time, you can watch his health and see that he has a fair amount of hp left when he disappears.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not the best of ideas. Cast on death won't trigger on minion death. Also, your clone is not dying, he is despawning after a short time, you can watch his health and see that he has a fair amount of hp left when he disappears.
fuck you are right, it does not work on minion death. What is the fucking point of this support then lol?!
It would be a cool support to make an army of suicide minions or something :D

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It really is the stupidest gem in the game, no idea why it made it past even a cursory planning stage. Total waste of development time.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
It really is the stupidest gem in the game, no idea why it made it past even a cursory planning stage. Total waste of development time.
Well, the only use for it I can see, is when you play softcore league and have a problem with killing a tough boss, so you set up cast on death with its 300% damage multiplayer and some spells, go and die to the boss and kill it that way.

Edit: Or you could maybe make a MF culler/Suicide bomber who would get killed by a boss on low life for a shitload of IIR/IIQ.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
There's nothing that tough in the main game of normal though, and on maps you'd just run out of portals. Besides, even a build with 1 hp can get at least one attack off before dying anyways because of the lag shield when you enter a zone.

They may as well have made it a 'cast on level up' gem instead. Or 'cast on breaking barrels' (5% chance).

T. Reich

Arcane
CoD is a great PvP gem, especially in tem PvP.

The problem, of course, is that PvP in PoE is dead. Or, rather, stillborn.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok I got a new passive tree setup :D :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...dRt2o45_lGedU8bPyRfKX9tr66_rx-wn79f4K_h3-j_66

I removed all the points from the left side going towards Elemental Equilibrium and used those 9 points to go north into Shadow tree, I get more out of those 9 points (including more elemental damage with those 9 points and more near there).

Also I checked a similar build with Ranger starting position and now I see I probably should have went Ranger instead and took Pathfinder like everyone else :D
But at lvl 48 I don't feel like starting over.. I guess I will try to make the best of what I chose. Only advantage of Scion is better access to different kinds of skill gems so you don't need to buy them all.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...dRt2o45_lGedU8bPyRfKX9tr66_rx-wn79f4K_h3-j_66

I removed all the points from the left side going towards Elemental Equilibrium and used those 9 points to go north into Shadow tree, I get more out of those 9 points (including more elemental damage with those 9 points and more near there).

Also I checked a similar build with Ranger starting position and now I see I probably should have went Ranger instead and took Pathfinder like everyone else :D
But at lvl 48 I don't feel like starting over.. I guess I will try to make the best of what I chose. Only advantage of Scion is better access to different kinds of skill gems so you don't need to buy them all.
Fun fact, in the current essence league, nearly 20% of all 2000 top players play as pathfinder. The flasks are the meta and I learned to love them.

PSA: Do not try to curse the new Crypt (L9) boss. He consumes your curse, becomes immune to it and shots some elemental nova that hits like crazy, one projectile from it was dealing 3.5-4k damage on my flasked up pathfinder, and when you stay close to him, you will eat more than one projectile that seem to still shotgun.

TL;DL Turn your curses off for this boss or you gonna have a bad time.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Fun fact, in the current essence league, nearly 20% of all 2000 top players play as pathfinder. The flasks are the meta and I learned to love them.

Nerf coming then. Blade vortex has been so OP I think it is going to be nerfed too.

Doktor Best

Arcane
So boys, im gonna make myself an earthquake char now. Any builds you can suggest as template? I usually take one from a guide and rearrange it after my own needs. The one from Liftinggamenerd any good for example?

Does the skill even hold up in endgame?

ArchAngel

Arcane

PSA: Do not try to curse the new Crypt (L9) boss. He consumes your curse, becomes immune to it and shots some elemental nova that hits like crazy, one projectile from it was dealing 3.5-4k damage on my flasked up pathfinder, and when you stay close to him, you will eat more than one projectile that seem to still shotgun.

TL;DL Turn your curses off for this boss or you gonna have a bad time.
One problem with Pathfinder (for me) is that it takes more effort to play it as you need to use those potions, rotate their uses and such to get the boosts.

I was even thinking about taking Pathfinder Scion but I want a character I need to do less with :D

I got a unique jewel that gives me 15% pierce so with Deadeye and pierce passives I will have 95% pierce :)
Is there a unique quiver anyone can suggest for my Ele hit build?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom