Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

T. Reich

Arcane
Drillneck.

If you go pierce, you ALWAYS pick Drillneck, no alternatives. If you have 100% pierce, every other quiver (including mirror-worthy legacy crit quivers) is strictly worse.

ArchAngel

Arcane
How come nobody told me to get Windripper, it is perfect for my character (high crit and high attack speed and decent elemental bonuses)?
I am now in the process of trying to get it, it is expensive.

EDIT: as for Drillneck, seems Slivers of Providence would also be useful for my build.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Drillneck seems very expensive. Is there a point in collecting all base quiver items of it and using Chance Orbs on it? :D
Do base items need to be certain minimal item level before that will work?

Hyperion

Arcane
Drillneck is dirt cheap compared to what it used to be. This is because you can farm the Climb's Skeletal Archer boss, Ironpoint the Forsaken, fairly easily on Cruel and Merciless difficulties for The Fletcher card. 5 of them yield a Corrupted Drillneck.

Use the Prison waypoint, head backwards, kill Ironpoint, who usually spawns with a blue pack, a rare monster, and what seems to be a fairly decent shot of a strongbox nearby as well. Head back into the Prison, reload the zone and repeat.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Drillneck is dirt cheap compared to what it used to be. This is because you can farm the Climb's Skeletal Archer boss, Ironpoint the Forsaken, fairly easily on Cruel and Merciless difficulties for The Fletcher card. 5 of them yield a Corrupted Drillneck.

Use the Prison waypoint, head backwards, kill Ironpoint, who usually spawns with a blue pack, a rare monster, and what seems to be a fairly decent shot of a strongbox nearby as well. Head back into the Prison, reload the zone and repeat.
I just killed him on Cruel 10 times and didn't get a single card.. maybe it was changed in a patch or I should not be there at lvl 60

Zdzisiu

Arcane

I just killed him on Cruel 10 times and didn't get a single card.. maybe it was changed in a patch or I should not be there at lvl 60
If you want a free drillneck on standard, add my character "Menstrual_Monster" and I will give you one.

ArchAngel

Arcane

If you want a free drillneck on standard, add my character "Menstrual_Monster" and I will give you one.
Nah, I am playing this character in Essence league. But tnx for the offer.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I was thinking. Since this character is going to be criting often should I use Cast on Crit with some spell? Not right away but lets say if I ever get a 6L. Something like Elemental Hit+Faster Attacks+Increased Critical Chance+LMP+Cast on Crit+Some spell?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I was thinking. Since this character is going to be criting often should I use Cast on Crit with some spell? Not right away but lets say if I ever get a 6L. Something like Elemental Hit+Faster Attacks+Increased Critical Chance+LMP+Cast on Crit+Some spell?
Cast on Crit got nerfed/changed significantly this patch and people are still trying to make it work. Also, as a secondary effect, cast on crit isnt that great of an idea, it works better in a dedicated setup of one attack gem that crits often and a load of spell gems with lmp/gmp to create a huge wall of projectiles flying toward the target.

So I would not recommend putting it in your setup as a six-link. Just go for something obvious like weapon elemental damage if you gonna get high damage elemental weapon anyway.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Cast on Crit got nerfed/changed significantly this patch and people are still trying to make it work. Also, as a secondary effect, cast on crit isnt that great of an idea, it works better in a dedicated setup of one attack gem that crits often and a load of spell gems with lmp/gmp to create a huge wall of projectiles flying toward the target.

So I would not recommend putting it in your setup as a six-link. Just go for something obvious like weapon elemental damage if you gonna get high damage elemental weapon anyway.
OK. THen would you say it is worth it to use support Gain Power Charge of Critical?

ArchAngel

Arcane
btw currency tab is finally on sale for 60 of their coins. I had exactly that left over from when I supported them in closed beta and finally got that tab :D
So much nicer to play with that tab :)

Zdzisiu

Arcane

OK. THen would you say it is worth it to use support Gain Power Charge of Critical?
If you have no other way of generating power charges, it would be useful, yes.

If you already have some other way to generate power charges, like from an item, ascendancy, and can get to max charges easily, then PCoC would be a waste.

And yes, the currency stash tab is very nice, it lets you clear you other stash tabs that were occupied by random currency in pitifully small stacks. Also, it teases you with the always empty slot for Mirror of Kalandra.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Woho, got windripper for 25C. Not perfect roll but close enough (76% critical out of 80% and 14% attack speed out of 15%). I just need to link it now. I will use my other bow until I can get 6 slots and 5L on this one.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Btw, can anyone suggest me what flasks I should be using (not unique ones) for mapping and merciless with my Acrobatics archer? For now I got 2 healing (one removes Bleeding and lasts longer, 2nd for quicker healing), 1 Silver (onslaught), one Basalt(20% physical damage reduction) and one mana (I will remove mana as soon as I can, for now I need it here and there). Also what flask should I be aiming for for end game?
Should I replace Basalt with the one that gives me 10% more dodge and spell dodge and phasing?
What mods should I look for on these flasks? 20% to gain charge on crit since I will have high crit chance?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Stibnite flasks are amazing imo, blind is some OP shit. Are you running HC? If not I'd definitely use a quicksilver to ramp up clear speed.

And the answer to all endgame gear related questions, is, The Flask. At least until they nerf the shit out of it at the end of the league.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Stibnite flasks are amazing imo, blind is some OP shit. Are you running HC? If not I'd definitely use a quicksilver to ramp up clear speed.

And the answer to all endgame gear related questions, is, The Flask. At least until they nerf the shit out of it at the end of the league.
I don't play HC and I don't play a Pathfinder. That Flask is not that useful for me. Also from what I heard it is expensive to buy.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
30% aoe and +2 projectiles (and 6% max fire res) is useful for every build in the game except maybe Arc and some summoner builds.

That said, it was a joke. Would need more info on the build to know which unique flasks might be worth getting. Given how popular pathfinder/bladevortex builds with their high demand for fancy flasks are this league though, your currency is probably best spent elsewhere.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It would seem that with my 8.8% base critical weapon it is worth more to take +1 power charge bonus from Merc Alira and use Gain power charge on critical in my setup instead of Increased Critical Strikes. I done the math and I should get 6% more crit chance with that setup. The problem is that Power charge play will need me upkeeping it all the time for it while Increased Critical strikes is active 100%. But I can fairly close on passive tree to another Power Charge and two 18% more duration nodes for another 4.4% boost to critical chance bringing my total critical over 70% with 6 power charges active (and that is without counting any critical hit bonuses from other gear)

Zdzisiu

Arcane
It would seem that with my 8.8% base critical weapon it is worth more to take +1 power charge bonus from Merc Alira and use Gain power charge on critical in my setup instead of Increased Critical Strikes. I done the math and I should get 6% more crit chance with that setup. The problem is that Power charge play will need me upkeeping it all the time for it while Increased Critical strikes is active 100%. But I can fairly close on passive tree to another Power Charge and two 18% more duration nodes for another 4.4% boost to critical chance bringing my total critical over 70% with 6 power charges active (and that is without counting any critical hit bonuses from other gear)
What about the crit multi? How high can you stack it? High crit chance is all good and nice but without 400-500% crit multi, it is kind of a waste.

ArchAngel

Arcane
30% aoe and +2 projectiles (and 6% max fire res) is useful for every build in the game except maybe Arc and some summoner builds.

That said, it was a joke. Would need more info on the build to know which unique flasks might be worth getting. Given how popular pathfinder/bladevortex builds with their high demand for fancy flasks are this league though, your currency is probably best spent elsewhere.
Well this is my current plan for lvl 80+ with good gear accounted for In addition to this I only plan to take health passives.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What about the crit multi? How high can you stack it? High crit chance is all good and nice but without 400-500% crit multi, it is kind of a waste.
If I stack it too much I will murder myself on reflect :D
For a 6L I can add Increased Critical Damage support (should be 240% damage boost on top of whatever is base critical damage).

Zdzisiu

Arcane
For a 6L I can add Increased Critical Damage support (should be 240% damage boost on top of whatever is base critical damage).
Yeah, if you are going for elemental damage, then high crit and crit multi will kill you in reflect maps. That's a straight reroll. You could maybe try turning some auras off, but that would not be enough without a loooot of insta leech. Phys crit has it slightly easier since it can use phys to lightning gem to deal with the problem a bit.

But just rerolling ele reflect is not that big of a deal. At least there are no reflect packs anymore...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah, if you are going for elemental damage, then high crit and crit multi will kill you in reflect maps. That's a straight reroll. You could maybe try turning some auras off, but that would not be enough without a loooot of insta leech. Phys crit has it slightly easier since it can use phys to lightning gem to deal with the problem a bit.

But just rerolling ele reflect is not that big of a deal. At least there are no reflect packs anymore...
As I was suggested in other places I put Vaal Pact into my build so I should have instant Leech and about 1.6% life leech from total damage. I don't plan to take this passive until the very last moment :D
Potions still work with it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom