Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
It's going to be a seperate game so of course they're going to remove certain skills/mechanics.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
It's going to be a seperate game so of course they're going to remove certain skills/mechanics.
Yeah, it is as easy as disabling Flameblast on X-box if they wont find a way to make it work. Its not like both versions have to have the same skills at all times.

The problem that can be argued is when it comes to creation of new skills. Would they be willing to create a skill that is good on PC but won't work on X-box? They way they will, but we gonna need to wait and see.

Also, the idea of PoE on X-box was in the minds of GGG since 2014, and all of the content created since then was created with that assumption. So if you liked the previous expansions, starting with Forsaken Masters, that is what GGG says you will continue to get.

T. Reich

Arcane
Lies. A bit of shaming to soothe the minds of the sceptics.

As if it can work on anyone but the gullible.

I can't remember a single multi-platform game that didn't have a bunch of problems that weren't purely console-related.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

I can't remember a single multi-platform game that didn't have a bunch of problems that weren't purely console-related.
What were the problems for Diablo 3 after its console release? How did it influence the PC version of Diablo 3 for the worse?

I never played Diablo 3, so I have no direct experience, so if someone could enlighten me on how going console screwed Diablo 3 on PC, it would be appreciated.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Diablo 3 was so shit there wasn't anything to ruin :troll:
So, you say that if you believe that PoE has been going worse and worse since open beta and is now shit, you shouldn't worry about X-box launch at all? :troll:

Nim

Augur
Can anyone even imagine a Haku mission on console ? Tight corridors, up to 2 time limits, totems, storm calls etc ?
:prosper:

Edit: Lab lolol

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Well now we know why they've been power creeping the ever loving shit out of everything; it was part of the plan for a console launch, and controllers are balls for ranged attacks so everything needs to hit a whole fucking screen.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yeah, right, as if there'd be any enemies left in places a PoE character has been. Clearly the skill would let you fire a bow while walking forwards, so you never need to stop moving and nothing is ever in your way.

ArchAngel

Arcane
anyway I predict next update to be beneficial for PC, decline will come afterwards.

Which means its time to plan your final characters.
Myself im thinking CI(+ evasion) poison bladefall trapper... with frenzy charges. Questions is which ascendancy to choose: saboteur, occultist or trickster as each got pros and cons.
I consider occultist least tanky so dont look much that way.
Whats up with saboteur tankiness? Blindness + evasion mix very nicely. On top of that there is no need to grab sunblast and cheap construction jewels.
Ideally id want 3-4 coated shrapnel jewels. Saboteur can easilly pull this off while grabbing inc duration nodes(which is a not the case for other ascendancy classes).
On the other hand Trickster would be most tanky while solving mana problems easilly...
Pathfinder. You got poison on any attack while using any flask.

Saboteur has another bonus, he got 60% more cooldown with traps than others. I had a life based Saboteur and even than it was hard to have enough traps to map fast or clear Breaches with any reasonable speed so I had to get a secondary trap and there is no good ones for Bladefall.

Also Assassin gets massive crits and poison 100% bonus damage on crit.

Also how can you consider Occultist weak? Trapper cannot leech life, Occultist ability to regen ES even while being damaged is pretty useful. Otherwise you are forced to use ZO which does not work without big investment into life regen.

Also your option is life based trapper using Cospri's Will. Lets you get access to poison easily and gets you two curses. Then you also don't need ES shield and can carry two Obliteration wands for a massive damage boost.

AMG

Arbiter
I tried it and it's ass for bosses.
You will need multiple Hair Trigger jewels to make it reasonable.

T. Reich

Arcane
^ this.

As someone, who played trapper before ascendancies twice, I can say that Saboteur is da best for trappers, by far. Other ascendancies can work well, but you're giving up a lot of QoL there.

And one more thing. I wouldn't even think of playing a non-saboteur trapper without sunblast. Preferrably with sunblast and a couple of cheap construction jewels for that instant trap triggering.

GrainWetski

Arcane

What were the problems for Diablo 3 after its console release? How did it influence the PC version of Diablo 3 for the worse?

I never played Diablo 3, so I have no direct experience, so if someone could enlighten me on how going console screwed Diablo 3 on PC, it would be appreciated.
No idea how it influenced the PC version, but they had to make the game much easier on consoles because gamepads just aren't accurate enough, so no doubt that it did. Says everything you need to know that they had to tone down fucking Diablo 3 for consoles.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

No idea how it influenced the PC version, but they had to make the game much easier on consoles because gamepads just aren't accurate enough, so no doubt that it did. Says everything you need to know that they had to tone down fucking Diablo 3 for consoles.
And do we care how PoE will play on X-box? As long as it doesn't influence the PC version? They have separate servers, so as far as I am concerned, they could have "Press A to drop a Mirror" and I would not give a damn.

Perkel

Arcane
Running first time pure evade ranger two handed build + dodge. I must say it is fun so far. A lot of movement speed just from taking evasion nodes.

Once i maxed out dodge + a lot of eva it was hilarious to fight dominus as he could even once hit me with his big fist attack. Naturally normal so it works well now. We'll see how it will work once i get to merciless.

GrainWetski

Arcane

And do we care how PoE will play on X-box? As long as it doesn't influence the PC version? They have separate servers, so as far as I am concerned, they could have "Press A to drop a Mirror" and I would not give a damn.

There is no world where it doesn't affect the PC version. They're not going to develop the 2 versions completely separately of each other. Everything will be made with "needs to work with gamepads" in mind.

Nim

Augur
And do we care how PoE will play on X-box? As long as it doesn't influence the PC version?
It has already influenced the PC version. They have been developing with the console version in mind since Forsaken Masters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom