Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
His dailies range from difficult to impossible for me, because Firestorm and minions are totally indiscriminate
Yeah, Vorici's missions are pretty much the only ones you can't do with every character. You need one that does single target attacks.

You could always swap a gem or two just for those missions if you need to, though. Or make another character for it now that he's in your hideout.

ArchAngel

Arcane
His dailies range from difficult to impossible for me, because Firestorm and minions are totally indiscriminate
Yeah, Vorici's missions are pretty much the only ones you can't do with every character. You need one that does single target attacks.

You could always swap a gem or two just for those missions if you need to, though. Or make another character for it now that he's in your hideout.
Or join team with people in guild when they are doing their daily voric mission and just hang back to not ruin it :D

T. Reich

Arcane
You just gotta get gud, ppl.

Back in the day when Vorici missions were much harder, I used to successfully solo them with my SRS+zombie summoner char. Every single variation. With like 90% success rate (because fuck Minara guarding a chest).

Falksi

Arcane
Quick recommendation please dudes. Averneum 6 doesn't work on my pc for some reason and I'm technically well out of touch plus haven't the time/patience to mess about getting it sorted.

So with that in mind can anyone recommend which Averneum/Path of Exile or similar games to try instead?
Ta.

Hyperion

Arcane
Wrong game, bro. You're mistaking this for Jeff Vogel's Exile series. This is a thread for Path of Exile from Grinding Gear Games. It's a Diablo 2 successor.

The Exile games were rereleased on Steam as part of the Avernum series though. Most notably, Escape from the Pit, which is considered Vogel's best effort to the majority of people who have played his stuff from what I've seen. Codexers tend to like the original Exile: Escape from the Pit more than the rerelease though.

Falksi

Arcane
Wrong game, bro. You're mistaking this for Jeff Vogel's Exile series. This is a thread for Path of Exile from Grinding Gear Games. It's a Diablo 2 successor.

The Exile games were rereleased on Steam as part of the Avernum series though. Most notably, Escape from the Pit, which is considered Vogel's best effort to the majority of people who have played his stuff from what I've seen. Codexers tend to like the original Exile: Escape from the Pit more than the rerelease though.

Cheers mate, i'm well out of touch nowadays.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

One of Vorici's random map missions would have been easy for me to complete today. The target was surrounded by my minions and couldn't move, and took an extraordinarily long time to die via Firestorm. Then I remembered, oh right, I'm supposed to lockpick the chest.

The issue is that unique-rarity enemies with orange names and a spike border are potentially extremely deadly to me since I still haven't updated my gear at all, and my instinct is to kill them ASAP. Before fighting major bosses, I make sure to level up first so that I don't lose progress.

Fucking Act 2 Merciless man, holy shit the sound. :lol:

Act 2 soundtrack

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Well, uh... cool. Fire sale on Conjurer's Vestments.

Two of them turned out to be fantastic upgrades for me in different flavors. One of them has 250+ ES, by far the most ES I've ever seen drop naturally, five needful affixes, and only one "dump" affix.

2366272728.png

Jason Liang

Arcane
my laptop can't handle breaches. I summon my Vaal skellies, enter one.... then my screen freezes for 40 seconds as I whirl in a random direction and frantically jam my potion keys. Then 40 seconds later either 1) the game has crashed 2) I'm dead or 3) pinata!

Too bad, I'd have liked to try for some breachstones/ blessings. But at least (most of) the stuff is absurdly cheap right now. HoWA < 10 c? i'll take 2.

Speaking of currency, I burned 100 chromes today. Now I have room on my currency page for more c's.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Please start using an item filter.

Will do, Dad. I've been putting it off as long as possible in order to spare myself from suffering through RTFM, because I'm going to be making my own from scratch.

start using utility flasks

I used to, until enemies starting dealing my entire life meter per second in damage. At the moment, I therefore have health and mana flasks all with +elemental resistance affixes (among others). Don't worry, I'm actually updating my gear now; not later, but now.

also get vaal skill

Those aren't mentioned in the build guide, but I think you know that, so I'm assuming they'll fit the build even though they're Vaal skills. I'll look into acquiring some, thanks.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The ES pool will be taking a dramatic upturn soon, with +200 ES to my chestpiece alone and 10% ES passive node coming up next level, so Vaal Discipline might be viable after all... if any of them will fit, that is. There's absolutely no room in the build for anything else as it's stuffed full, but then again there's nothing wrong with forgoing something if necessary.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Please start using an item filter.
Will do, Dad. I've been putting it off as long as possible in order to spare myself from suffering through RTFM, because I'm going to be making my own from scratch.

See you next year then!

You underestimate me. I'm an old hand at EVE Online and X3: Reunion, and I used to write Lua scripts for MUD clients.

Bring on the spreadsheets, absurd reams of .xml files, and obnoxious scripts. I'll take all comers.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Any tips on how to consistently sustain rampage? I tried the Dancing Dervish/ Droyani's Fists set up in Dried Lake, and got a streak to 800 kills before I hit Voll. Seems too suicidal to be successful later on but it was hilarious so are there any tricks? Does Jar of Worms count for rampage? The Dervish is awesome when it activates.

I was just trying it out for fun, but it fits the Omachi character concept (it's Masamune!) so if I can get it to work I'll respec my scion slightly to fit it in. Would be a lot better as a Witch but Scion has a few advantages: double Ancestral Warchief from Hierophant Ascendant passive (triple if I use Skirmish on weapon switch instead of a shield), easy access to both increase skill duration nodes, and most importantly, Culling Strike from the Slayer Ascendant passive. So when I'm on rampage, my fists become fists of DEATH. So basically I can put my main melee skill on a 4L as a pseudo 5L.

Speaking of which, which melee skill for 2H sword/ unarmed? The options are basically Dominating Blow, Infernal Blow, Cyclone, Elemental Hit and Ground Slam.

Also it's hard to sustain Storm Call without CWC and Spell Totem. I'm gulping down blue like a Harkonnen on spice.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
2) Buy dem 4-links from vendor and then alt+aug-spam + master-craft them for life+res

Bit confused by this. I just took a 4L circlet, used an alt/two augs on it, and then put it in Haku's bench, but all options were red and the message "no more room for mods" was displayed.

That's pretty much what I expected, since magics are limited to two affixes and rares are limited to six. What are you trying to say here?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
2) Buy dem 4-links from vendor and then alt+aug-spam + master-craft them for life+res

Bit confused by this. I just took a 4L circlet, used an alt/two augs on it, and then put it in Haku's bench, but all options were red and the message "no more room for mods" was displayed.

That's pretty much what I expected, since magics are limited to two affixes and rares are limited to six. What are you trying to say here?
He forgot to tell you you need to regal it to make it rare, then it'll have space for 3 more affixes, and you'll be able to master craft.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Well, I've already upgraded all of my gear, and let me tell you, it makes a HUGE difference. I got killed by a breach once about five seconds after I leveled up, but so far I'm smashing everything and not dying immediately.

I recommended my Steam friend try the game yesterday, but I was away when he did, came back this evening to this:

347508f136.png

:lol:

I'll have to do damage control and explain the big picture. Honestly, I don't think some of you realize how retarded this shit looks to a new player, turning in junk for scraps of paper and the fuckhuge skill tree. He's inclined though and can into difficult and complex games, so we'll see.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom