Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Sykar

Arcane
Is anyone here selling 1-2 "The Incantation" cards in standard league? Tried on poe.trade but I am not getting any answers ingame from anyone so why not try here.

Also wondering if anyone knows if projectile damage and spell damage will continue to affect ED in 3.0. I heard they are changing DoTs quite a bit in the expansion.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Is anyone here selling 1-2 "The Incantation" cards in standard league? Tried on poe.trade but I am not getting any answers ingame from anyone so why not try here.

Also wondering if anyone knows if projectile damage and spell damage will continue to affect ED in 3.0. I heard they are changing DoTs quite a bit in the expansion.
You need the card specifically or just want the Whispering Ice? I can give you both on standard.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So I was thinking to do something a bit different different, that would iterate on some areas from my suicidal summoner.

Im curious about Claw Necromancer with scourge and maligaros lens. Didnt settle on skill yet.
My question is: how strong are spectral wolves? Cant find good source on them. Are they timed? How much hp they got? Or to be more precise: if I link minion life, will i get nice dmg from caustic clouds + explosions along with nice life regen? Would I be forced to go for soul weaver? Can I expect spectres number to keep growing until I encounter something strong or I trigger their death?
If you don't mind lag and stuff you can do Dominating Strike with this combination. Just link Minion stuff with it, claw lets you boost dominating strike and deal good damage with it and minion links boost converted enemies. There are some builds on net with necromancer and dominating strike, don't know if they also use Scourge. I was looking into playing it but decided I dont' want to suffer lag and those problems. Same reason I dont' want to try SRS or animated weapon.

Sykar

Arcane

You need the card specifically or just want the Whispering Ice? I can give you both on standard.

I got 2 of those cards but yes I want to try out my Elementalist with a Whispering Ice.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

I got 2 of those cards but yes I want to try out my Elementalist with a Whispering Ice.
Ok, if you are not in the guild and don't have me as friend, add me as Hot_Balls_of_Fire I can give you the cards now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nah I want to get surprised by the update in terms of storyline and new content.

I just hope my ED and Scorch/WI Elementalist won't become too weak by the ES nerfs and changes to DoTs.
Don't try 1:1 builds in 3.0, they are going to suck. I suggest you download Path of Building and create a 3.0 version there and play around with new support gems and see which passives now work and which don't.

Sykar

Arcane
Nah I want to get surprised by the update in terms of storyline and new content.

I just hope my ED and Scorch/WI Elementalist won't become too weak by the ES nerfs and changes to DoTs.
Don't try 1:1 builds in 3.0, they are going to suck. I suggest you download Path of Building and create a 3.0 version there and play around with new support gems and see which passives now work and which don't.

Yeah I will do that. I will also read up on stuff on forum what others have discovered about the changes and synergies during beta, I do not want my two original character to be ruined for months.

Varvarg

Educated
funny enough, it seems they nerfed life. since oak no longer gives +40 hp.

or did they increase base life/life from tree?

ArchAngel

Arcane
funny enough, it seems they nerfed life. since oak no longer gives +40 hp.

or did they increase base life/life from tree?
Nope, but we still don't know all quest rewards from all Acts with 3 acts hidden from everyone (1 will open up in beta in next update).

Hybrid armors now have a new magic modifier that gives life and one of the two defense stats and it can stack pure life magic modifier giving you over 100 life per item

baturinsky

Arcane
I have done goofed up and left Guild instead of Party after trade :/
Can someone re-invite me? Player id is Mihosh.

Sentinel

Arcane
Is the guild EU or USA? Does Realm matter at all?
Recently picked up the game again after not playing since 2013 and I'm having a good time. Wouldn't mind an invite.

Hyperion

Arcane
Realm just determines the servers you use to connect to whenever you create a zone. If you're on the Texas server, and play with someone on the Amsterdam server, one of you will have shitty ping, but aside from that you can play together.

Hyperion

Arcane
Looks like Act 8 Update is out. Lots of new changes. Crit multi items got hit with a nerf bat, Pierce as a mechanic was changed to affect a flat number of targets, Pierce gem had its more multiplier removed at level 1, Drillneck's modifier was changed to "deal 50% increased damage to targets your arrows have pierced," 3 new support gems added at level 1, Viper Strike was nerfed, Deadeye's 'Powerful Precision' received a rework (all projectiles are boomerangs!), Righteous Fire was nerfed.

8lI7mvo.jpg

1dqc7tl5lg7z.png

MApNEKm.png

0IB6CJl.jpg

e2e651fba90689c88cb965d0ecc8d27e.png

EdzpIkQ.jpg

7UAC5pS.png

Hyperion

Arcane
Apologies for the onslaught of posts, but I felt it would be better to separate them due to all of the images and incoming text. Gotta love copy and pasting from the Reddit nerds :)

New content

• Act 8 has been to the beta, along with all the bosses and monsters that inhabit it.

• Arcane Surge Support gem, grants 30% chance to gain arcane surge on hit for 4 seconds. Arcane surge grants 30% more spell damage.

• Ruthless Support gem, supported melee attacks have a 30% chance to be a ruthless hit which deals 75% more melee damage and has a base stun duration of 0.8 seconds instread of the normal 0.35 seconds.

• Onslaught Support gem 25% chance to gain onslaught for 8 seconds on kill.
General changes

• Pierce has been reworked. Your projectiles no longer have pierce chance, but instead piece a certain number of targets. For example a level 1 pierce gem makes your projectiles pierce 2 additional targets and the implicit of penetrating arrow quivers makes your arrows pierce 1 additional target.

• Items, Passives and Ascendancies that previously had 100% chance to poison on hit now have 60% chance to poison on hit.

• Sources of critical strike chance have been reduced in value.

• All classes now receive a linked weapon and a support gem in twilight strand. With tutorials turned on you must equip the weapon, socket both gems and assign a passive point (Hillock now gives enough xp to get your to level 2) before you can proceed.
Item changes

• Cloak of Defiance has 10% of damage dealt to mana before life, down from 20% in the previous beta patch.
Gem changes

• Wildstrike now always pierces.

• Caustic Arrow's damage has been increased and its damage over time is now increased by projectile damage.

• The damage granted by Added Cold Damage Support and Added Lightning Damage Support has been increased.

• Blade Vortex now grants 20% more damage with ailments per blade.

• Pierce Support grants projectiles pierce 2-7 additional enemies and 0-19% more damage.

• Scorching Ray's damage has been reduced. This lessens the buff it received from burning damage support's damage increase becoming a more multiplier earlier in the beta, but results in a 6 link still dealing more damage than on live.

• Incinerate now also grants 50% more damage with ailments per stage.

• Righteous Fire now grants 20% more spell damage at level 1, down from 40%. Think you also deal 40% of your Life/ES, down from 50%.

• Flame Blast now grants 55% more damage with ailments per stage.
Labyrinth changes

• Early labyrinths have shorter layouts, normal labyrinth example.

• All four labyrinths are now accessible in the beta.

• The "current location" pedestals in the labyrinth now update the map with the area they are next to.
Ascendancy changes

• The deadeye's powerful precision node has been changed. It now always pierces nearby enemies, rather than granting 100% pierce chance that decreased with distance, and it now grants a flat 50% crit chance rather than granting crit chance based on arrow pierce chance.
Quest changes

Change described in beta weekly report 2. Not yet confirmed?

• There will be many adjustments to gems in relation to Damage over Time balance. The Decay Support Gem will do significantly less damage, 50% less damage at gem level 20, and its duration will be reduced to 8 seconds.

• Essence Drain will do more damage, up to 25% more at gem level 20.

• Deadly Ailments will grant up to 39% more ailment damage and only 20% less damage with hits, bringing it more in line with other support gems.

• Unbound Ailments values will be reduced.

• More Burning Damage will have reduced damage bonuses.

• The Perfect Agony keystone will grant 30% of Critical Strike Multiplier and 30% less hit damage (It is currently by far the best way to build ailment damage, to an extreme degree).

• Brutality will grant up to 59% more damage at gem level 20, higher than it is currently but it will also prevent dealing Chaos Damage, so will only deal Physical Damage with the supported skill.

Last edited:

Varvarg

Educated
aha they are changing one item, then nerfing it, then changing it back. :retarded: Case in point: cloak of defiance. Balancing is not easy, but they must be doing something wrong. They have also been known to "switch things around" just for sake of having people do something new. Which feels retarded in a game like this, and upsets a relative balance. I would rather have a balanced game. The ES changes was overnerfed. There have been similar situations. One time ES was pretty bad, then they made it the strongest defence. ETC. Many such cases. It's SAD :mrpresident:

And nerfing abyssus melee crit. ohboi. There's going to be alot of salt from the melee guys.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Arcane
Yeah, the Abyssus nerf was a pretty hard slug right to the gut. Would be nice if they reduced the damage penalty as well, since it's not such a huge damage bonus anymore. Especially hurts since my go-to build is Crit Sword Slayer using Kondo's Pride, then switch over to Hege's Sunder once I get the currency, which allows me to breeze through T15 maps. At this point, I might be better off going for a Starforge build with the new physical options.

Problem is, everyone else will probably have that same idea and cause the price to quintuple, heh. The times are a changin', slower pace of play is back, perhaps?

ArchAngel

Arcane
RF was nerfed from 50% to 40% of max life. Now I wait for Path of Building update to see how much dps did my RF totem build for 3.0 lose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom