Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does anyone know if Scorching Ray will be considered an ailment? I am curious wether it is going to work with that "Perfect Agony" Keystone or not.
No it is not. It does burn damage but it does not ignite enemies in same way as standard ignite works. As a result its damage can stack with Ignite from other sources.

Sentinel

Arcane
How do you decide which types of armour you wear?
Is it purely a cosmetic/convenience choice or is there more to it? I ask because I just got my Arc Inquisitor to 51th level and I checked online for some builds to see what people were doing, and I found an arc inquisitor build with the dude only wearing Energy Shield armor (Light armor).

baturinsky

Arcane
How do you decide which types of armour you wear?
Is it purely a cosmetic/convenience choice or is there more to it? I ask because I just got my Arc Inquisitor to 51th level and I checked online for some builds to see what people were doing, and I found an arc inquisitor build with the dude only wearing Energy Shield armor (Light armor).
Depends on what defences you have/can get multiplier to from passives trees.

baturinsky

Arcane
As a new and poor player I prefer cheap alternatives to 6l. Such as Bringer Of Rain or Whispering ice, both of which have virtually 7 linked slots.
Btw, are there others like this?

ArchAngel

Arcane
As a new and poor player I prefer cheap alternatives to 6l. Such as Bringer Of Rain or Whispering ice, both of which have virtually 7 linked slots.
Soul Taker is a 7L for Spell Totems.
I meant Soul Mantle.

Last edited:

baturinsky

Arcane

Did you mean Soul Mantle? I'm kinda wary of it's "curse when totem die" thing.

Also, there is Bitterdream that has 6 builtin supports, though at level 1 mostly.

Veelq

Augur

Soul Mantle can be viable with 2x Kikazaru and Guardian / Scion ( in 3.0 ) for extra 25% reduced effect of curses on you.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Soul Mantle can be viable with 2x Kikazaru and Guardian / Scion ( in 3.0 ) for extra 25% reduced effect of curses on you.
And you take Self-Flagellation jewel and each curse gives you 20% inc general damage. You can get up to 240% inc damage this way.

baturinsky

Arcane
What if I have several self-flagellation jewels? Can I have, say, 100% increased damage from each if I have 5 curses on?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It was limited to 1 before patch 2.6, which removed the limitation. This never got reverted, unless I missed a hotfix or patch that did it. Nevermind, it actually got fixed the same day someone posted about it on reddit, which is where I remember it from. Having 1600% increased damage that could double-dip sure looked fun though.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
So I have all the pieces I need to go to Apex of Sacrifice and fight regular Atziri. My elemental resistances are all above max uncapped but my chaos resistance is still really shitty.

Do I have to buff my Chaos res up before trying to take her on?

Varvarg

Educated
So I have all the pieces I need to go to Apex of Sacrifice and fight regular Atziri. My elemental resistances are all above max uncapped but my chaos resistance is still really shitty.

Do I have to buff my Chaos res up before trying to take her on?

Atziri herself does not do chaos dmg. She does fire, phys, lightning

The trio is the worst bunch. The cleaving guy does a cyclone attack that leaves chaos degen on ground. Just be aware of it, and you should be fine.

Kill the girl with spike rain first, and dont tank her. Try to keep her in center of map. Kill fire guy next, but run when he sets himself on fire.

Watch some y-tube vid

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Another tip would be:

When you fight the two Vaal overlords. Beat one to low hp, and then kill the other one. So you can quickly kill the one on low life later. That is because when you kill one of them, the other one gets enraged and attacks super fast so you don't want to have to fight him for long time.

And yeah, Trio will be more difficult than Azubi, you really need to stick to an order of killing them that works the best for your character.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Trio is harder than Atziri by a big margin, and the only fight that has chaos damage. There will be a bunch of vaal-constructs that deal chaos damage between the bosses, those can rip you apart in the alluring abyss, apex of sacrifice trash is not that dangerous though.

Atziri Trio for most builds should be the following kill-order: Tittybitch, Dualstrike Dude, Cyclone Dude.

You always want to kill the titty-bitch first. She repositions herself after attacking a couple of times, if you haven't instantly blown her up make sure she walks into a corner (she always moves away from the player). Once she dies there's gonna be a bunch of physical degen on the ground, try to avoid it as much as possible. If she raises her arm, move away. That's the animation for her physical firestorm attack which is by far the deadliest in the entire encounter.

The Dualstrike Mob is the one that occassionally sets himself on fire. Unless you have decent survival against reflect, do not attack him during this window and focus on repositioning yourself instead. This reflect always deals fire damage. He always ignites on hit, so if you happen to be melee and have to facetank him, bring a chemists or experimenters ruby flask. If you're ranged have a dousing flask ready just in case.

The mob you generally want to kill last because he's easiest to deal with when empowered is the cyclone guy. Whenever he cyclones he will leave a chaos degen trail. This doesn't deal that much damage even with -60% chaos resist, but it's nigh impossible to see under the physical degen ground that spawns when you killed the other bosses. He will most often cyclone towards you, cleave, run after you, hit with normal melee attacks once or twice and if you try to get away from him, he will start this cycle again. Getting hit by any of his attacks will debuff you with a bunch of bleed-stacks. Bring 2 staunching flasks when melee, 1 is more than enough as a ranged/caster. Do not use them whenever you got hit, the bleed doesn't deal lethal damage unless you got hit multiple times and have 10+ stacks on you. The bleed is corrupted blood-style bleed and not puncture-type bleed so moving doesn't increase the damage it deals. You want to kill him last because the only difference between his empowered and non-empowered form is the amount of bleed-stacks he applies with each ability.

This fight is more about preparation then execution, as long as you have decent damage this fight shouldn't last that long. Don't panic and move out of sight of the bosses, you will want to see what they are doing. Depending on how controllable your damage is you may accidentally kill the cyclone-guy first and have the dualstrike dude last. This shit happens a lot once you get high damage since the cyclone dude has less HP and is faster than the other one, so he oftentimes takes the brunt of the damage. Just don't get hit while the dualstriker is enraged and don't hit him during that window. The empowered version of this asshole deals a lot more fire damage, and since all types of damage get reflected as fire damage you can easily kill yourself here. Kite while he's enraged, attack him while he isn't.

Atziri is just an afterthought after this fight. Don't kill yourself to reflect, dodge the flameblasts/stormcalls and you're good to go.

baturinsky

Arcane
So, of what build I got to endgame (or close to):
1. Inquisitor torem x2 fireblast. Too slow.
2. Summoner ecromanser. Even slower. Skeletons/zombies have very little means of clod clearing.
3. Bringer of Rain shield gladiator. Pretty awesome - supertanky, very fast clear.
4. Whispering Ice CI Elementalist - like it too. Not as tanky, but CI make it easier to get high "health" values and cap resists (because chaos is not a problem). Whispering Ice is a little slow to start doing damage, but kill stuff at very wide radius, and very good against bosses. What I do not like about CI is stuns. And node that removes stuns is exact opposite side of tree from CI. Thankfully, there is Valyrium ring - using it now. But it has pretty poor stats otherwise.

EDIT: Though, I think first two would work better too, if I had resources for decent gear. Last ones are both based on cheap quasi-7links.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom