Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
One answer. The encroaching darkness. While its results are weighted, you easily get a full set every hour when mapping consistently, and so far I've gotten two putrid cloisters, three olmecs, two halls and a bunch of vaults, maos and other unique maps.

As far as the shard idea goes, I kinda like mirror/exalted shards, for a lot of players getting a pure exalt to drop is a rarity due to their limited playtime, with the shards they can at least see some progress. I'm guessing they were unable to come up with more new orb ideas like the horizon or harbinger orbs, which are pretty great for completing the atlas, or the engineer orbs which are vastly underrated. Scouring, engineering and alching div boxes has been quite rewarding so far. Exalt/Mirror shards do exist in the form of multiple div cards, but I don't really mind them. Trans shards stop showing up once you start mapping, alt shards don't really drop anymore once you hit T11+ and you already picked up most uniques to sell them for alch shards so those don't add to the clutter either. Regal/Chaos shards are completely unnecessary, but I suppose a lot of people don't know about or do the chaos/regal recipe. I guess catering to the SSF crowd was the idea behind those.

If you honestly believe they created those shards to sell more tabs, you are pretty damn retarded though. The currency tab has space for all the shards you can find in harbinger league, the only thing you now have to put someplace else is the breach shards and perandus coins. Ever since breach you didn't have enough space to stash more than 10k perandus coins already so you stored them in an extra tab anyway, and now you gotta find 5 more slots somewhere for breach shards. Yeah, I don't think anyone is gonna play into GGGs evil mastermind hands and buy an additional tab for that. From what I've seen tabs aren't what makes GGG the most money, mystery boxes are. If you want to complain about stupid stuff GGG does to get more cash, I'd suggest taking a stand against high-quality sets only coming from mystery boxes now, 35point ferns that replaced fireworks or the fucking stupid fact of having to spend hundreds of dollars to have a decently sized guild, which are also still capped at 250 slots. Any of those I can get behind, but please don't be an idiot and actually argue that a couple more shards or splinters are designed to sell more tabs.

Gerrard

Arcane
"The game now sucks I have to spend 80% of my passives getting life."

CI babies realize the passive tree design is shit, let the tears flow.
:happytrollboy:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
This league added more currencies than it added slots.

Shards:
Chaos
Regal
Exalt
Harbinger
Engineer
Binding
Horizon
Annulment
Anicent

Orbs:
Harbinger
Engineer
Binding
Horizon
Annulment
Ancient

That's 15 god damned slots. I won't count the mirror shard, since it's so rare as to be irrelevant.This shit takes up like a third of your inventory while mapping, and considering it'll also be full of all the old orbs/shards, essences, splinters, maps and div cards, you can barely run two feet before needing to visit your stash and click 30 times just to empty your inventory of currency.

They could have easily made these guys drop the full orbs instead with appropriate rarity, or the existing div cards if they had such a raging hardon for making me click shit worth a tiny fraction of a chaos orb 5 times after every encounter.

And if you think nobody is buying tabs for this shit, why do you think they've added Essence Tabs, Divination Tabs, and Quad tabs since the last time I played? This shit has increased by like 200% since the game has launched and they haven't changed the baseline inventory available to players, either in stashes or on characters at all. Once upon a time you could get buy with just your 4 vanilla tabs and the premium ones were for the tryhards doing regal recipes and shit back when you had to match rare names or whatever the fuck it was. Then currency tabs were basically necessary. Then you needed extra tabs to handle the map clusterfuck. And so on.

Oh, right, and now the fucking items come in the form of shards as well. I'm sure your vanilla stash tabs can handle those 23 weapon fragments that can't assemble into a single fucking item with stats.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Once upon a time you could get buy with just your 4 vanilla tabs and the premium ones were for the tryhards doing regal recipes and shit back when you had to match rare names or whatever the fuck it was. Then currency tabs were basically necessary. Then you needed extra tabs to handle the map clusterfuck. And so on.
And yet I know three different people who have all hit lv90 already and one of them even killed shaper this league, none of them owning any additional stash tabs. When asking them how they manage to play the game without extra tabs they all say the same: "It's manageable." They don't pick up worthless stuff, instead they actually think about what sells. Then they underprice slightly so it gets bought quickly, that way it doesn't waste precious space. They flip their chaos into currency that is more easily stacked, mostly exalts that early into the league.

It's kinda funny how it's generally the people who have bought tabs that complain on the behalf of those who didn't, while those people themselves are rarely voicing their complaints. Sure, few people don't spend atleast a couple bucks for tabs, but the ones I know arent bothered in the slightest.

This shit takes up like a third of your inventory while mapping, and considering it'll also be full of all the old orbs/shards, essences, splinters, maps and div cards, you can barely run two feet before needing to visit your stash and click 30 times just to empty your inventory of currency.
Well, all I can say is you're doing it wrong. You shouldn't need to clear your inventory more often than once every 3-5maps.
You rarely get a full orb out of a map, so you carry about 4-6 different types of shards in addition to the wisdoms, portals, combination of either trans/alt/aug or alch/vaal/scour. A couple maps to start with, pre-rolled, the ones that drop you roll on the fly. You don't pick up any uniques that are bigger than 2x2 slots and maybe unIDed jewelry if you're doing the recipe. Between those, divcards and essences, there's barely any loot that you actually carry outside, and for those there's more than enough room. If you're not mapping alone, you get to clear out the inventory every 5maps, which is also the time where the guy providing the maps reapplies sextants. You don't need to stash that chaos orb just because you just looted it. You can keep carrying it because chances are you are gonna see another one soon. Why waste time dropping currency into your stash after every map, when you can just do the same every 10 maps when you actually have a full stack, or time to spare because you're trading.

I also suggest putting the next map already in your device after leaving the last one, because it takes a couple of seconds for the new map to be created during which you can easily manage your inventory if necessary, or get new maps ready for the next half hour.

Oh and you should never carry out rares unless you plan on selling them to players, the alt shards aren't worth your time. You may carry out unID jewelry, but those don't take more than a couple of seconds to put in the appropriate tab. You ID weapons/armor while in the map, and drop them on the ground again if they're shit.
They could have easily made these guys drop the full orbs instead with appropriate rarity
They could have, but if you actually think about it, with the droprates being the way they currently are, that would result in harbingers dropping maybe one orb every other time you kill one. If you're lucky. I can already imagine the shitstorm that would create. A lot of people prefer a steady progression, which is why div cards are fairly well received. It is much more satisfying having both very rare drops aswell as valuable stuff you have a regular progression for. Harbingers are the latter, if they were the way you wish them to be, you would see people complaining about killing 50 harbingers but never seeing a harbinger orb, while others get 5 in a row. I've had 4 exalt drops so far, but didn't even manage to complete 3 ancient orbs. If they dropped as a whole, that would be one utterly disappointing experience. For something as experimental as new currency I prefer the approach GGG is taking. Let me remind you that the last time we got an actually usable currency was over 4 years ago (unless you count essences).

Damned Registrations

Right, I forgot the 'right' way to play is to never pick anything up, literally discarding 90% of my profits. I'm sure it's 'manageable' if you 'play' 8 hours a day with the most meta build possible in a group of 6 people with a magic find culler so your loot filter only pings you when there are double digits worth of chaos sitting on the ground. Sounds exciting.

I look forward to 4.0.0, when we'll have exalt shard shard shards that drop off of every white mob so everyone can feel progress towards having an exalt, and new crafting currency that takes up 3x3 blocks for the artwork. And maps can drop in 1/64th fragments as well that can be easily assembled in the new map assembly tab. It'll be totally manageable if you just play other people's maps and lube your throat up for the cock you're gobbling so hard.

Funny how it's generally the guys that have sunk a bajillion dollars into hats that will defend the game to the death. Spoiler alert: The people who were really bothered by the lack of inventory space and didn't buy more stopped playing.

qi9iT78.png

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Nigga please, I can carry a group in this map - it's ez.
fake news

btw, how is xp compared to breaches?

Breachstones you mean? Breachstones are GARBAGE compared to Beachhead. Well, the elemental ones are. Uul's too. Did them this league multiple times, exp gain from them after lvl85+ seems nonexistent.
Oh, and all breachstones are way more expensive than a t15 Beachhead.
Chayula's breachstone is probably good exp still, but no nigga ain't paying those crazy prices to run it. Plus the high risks.

The closest comparison is Poorjoy's Asylum. It's much lower monster level, so the exp penaly is greater, but that beefy map exp bonus makes up for it.
T15 Beachhead still gives more exp than Poorjoys still. Especially at lvl90+.
And it's MUCH safer to run.

T. Reich

Arcane
Edit: Easy bandaid fix for the endgame would be to make maps like Mao's and Olmec's and so on about 10x more common. They aren't so profitable compared to ordinary maps anyways, and their mechanics are a nice fun change of pace from the usual generic grind. But some of these are so rare they cost upwards of a fucking exalt.

This is bullshit.
One of the things I do every league to generate currency is to run cheap unique maps with plentiful drops: Mao (the only relatively expensive one), Olmec, Maelstrom, Acton.
These maps cost as low as 1 chaos starting from week 3 (and 2-3 chaos from week 2), and at this stage they INSTANTLY pay off (and more) by currency drops alone.
The profitability of the cheap unique maps is insane compared to normal maps - the cost of normal map includes the map itself (at higher tiers a white map is already worth more than one of those uniques), then the alch, then maybe the chisels, then maybe chaos orbs to reroll unfavourable mods. And you'll NEVER hit IIQ+IIR even close to that of those unique maps anyway, unless you vaal and get lucky with 8mods or unid the 6mod roll.
These unique maps don't have unfavourable mods, and they have insane IIR/IIQ/both.
The exp is garbage, but they are very easy and fast to do, and I do them for phat loot anyway.

These maps are already common as fuck, and people easily chain them.
Making them 10x common is to make them as common as normal map drops, which is retarded.

Also, these maps offer nothing new in terms of change of pace. It's the same runrunrun-killkillkill routine as any other map.

Damned Registrations

Edit: Easy bandaid fix for the endgame would be to make maps like Mao's and Olmec's and so on about 10x more common. They aren't so profitable compared to ordinary maps anyways, and their mechanics are a nice fun change of pace from the usual generic grind. But some of these are so rare they cost upwards of a fucking exalt.

This is bullshit.
One of the things I do every league to generate currency is to run cheap unique maps with plentiful drops: Mao (the only relatively expensive one), Olmec, Maelstrom, Acton.
These maps cost as low as 1 chaos starting from week 3 (and 2-3 chaos from week 2), and at this stage they INSTANTLY pay off (and more) by currency drops alone.
The profitability of the cheap unique maps is insane compared to normal maps - the cost of normal map includes the map itself (at higher tiers a white map is already worth more than one of those uniques), then the alch, then maybe the chisels, then maybe chaos orbs to reroll unfavourable mods. And you'll NEVER hit IIQ+IIR even close to that of those unique maps anyway, unless you vaal and get lucky with 8mods or unid the 6mod roll.
These unique maps don't have unfavourable mods, and they have insane IIR/IIQ/both.
The exp is garbage, but they are very easy and fast to do, and I do them for phat loot anyway.

These maps are already common as fuck, and people easily chain them.
Making them 10x common is to make them as common as normal map drops, which is retarded.

Also, these maps offer nothing new in terms of change of pace. It's the same runrunrun-killkillkill routine as any other map.
I dunno wtf you're on about, I've literally only ever had 1 of these maps drop inside a map ever, and it was the craptastic vaults of atziri. They're rarer than fucking exalts. Again, I can only assume you run in some retarded culling group to be under the impression that half the loot in this game is brown. Pretty much all of these come from the lab, and they tend to cost slightly more than what you can get out of them, just like all the crafting mats, because people use that shit because it's fun to gamble. I burned like 30c on these maps back when atlas came out to get the map bonuses like a month into the league, and got maybe like 5c worth of shit back. Prices were definitely a bit inflated back then by the challenges to do them, but even so, the returns were terrible.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Harbinger is a beta league, it's pretty obvious. I don't know what people expected. GGG basically makes one league focussing on new content with meh league mechanics because the effort is elsewhere, and then another where it's mostly content maintenance with a great league since they can focus on it. In this case, they were ambitious on the content, and it shows.

The new acts are really interesting but rushed, missing voice-overs, some weird transitions between events and acts that would require some more explanation, it's functional, but barebones. They're going to add to it for sure. It's going to be great when it's done.

The league mechanics, shards and orbs, are simply a playtest to see it they include them permanently in the future. You've got a bunch of orbs that are meant to help SSF / Atlas progression (Horzion and Harbinger), I bet in reaction to a lot of people abandonning the atlas progression because of RNG drops / not trading. I'm hoping this stays. You've got a bunch of shards for existing currency so accumulation of wealth is more evenly distributed between players, instead of the boolean 'found an exalt or not'. While some players are rich famers, most are not, so this is for them. But they aren't vocal, and accumulating shards feel like shit, so I'm guessing this goes away after the league. You've got an orb to help leveling (Binding, gives a 4L rare), which is ok, I'm guessing it stays too, or is re-implemented in another way. You've got two gambler's orbs (Ancient and Annulment), aimed at the grindiest of them all. I personally don't see the use of the Ancient orb, which reforges a unique into another of the same type, but I've never been one to chance anything so maybe it helps the chancers. Annulment looks good to craft top tier items for the most autists, plus it's butthurt inducing so it's ok in my book. Will make for funny fails.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am one these people that don't trade maps. I would take some low level ones from my guild and ran some together with a friend but I never bought a map.
Some of the guys here defending this system just prove my earlier argument that PoE is too dependant on trading aspect.

T. Reich

Arcane
it can be manageable and bothering at the same time.
I pick up only rare jewelry(as its easy to appraise) and orbs.
Even with currency stash tab its annoying. After single map run 3/5 or more of inventory is filled. Mostly with cards,shards,orbs, maps. If 2x 6slotted items drop I need to start using portals.
Having currency tab that doesnt fit all currency is retarded. Sure its manageable, but its also annoying. So is not having currency tab which is even more annoying.

There's you guys discussing how you barely bother with picking up anything in maps to not break up the flow or something.
And then there's me, picking up all the 1x3-4 and 2x2 rares and uniques just because.
And also id'ing certain other uniques in hopes of gg rare.
Hell, I feel sad if I don't tp out of map to sell yellow crap at least once.
It may be slow as fuck, and definitely absolutely incompatible with "speed clear" playstyle, but it sure pays off in the end - with high roll rares that sell for quite a bit.
Last night I found a 470+ pdps 1h axe, just because I decided to pick up and id the large chunky rare. Do you know how much such a weapon costs? A. Fucking. Lot.

Hey at least it's not diablo 2 stash.

AMEN. Last year I replayed several of decent-to-good "classical" ARPGs out of nostalgia (D2, TL2, TQ, Sacred) - compared to what's considered "industry standard" regarding stash tab size in such games, GGG with their 4 default stash tabs are nothing but generous.
And if you need some more log-term storage, there's nothing forbidding you from making mule alt accounts. It's not against ToS.
Anyways, most of the people I see complaining about those are either certified fuckheads, or people with severe hoarding issues.
In hindsight, me having bought stash tabs turned me into a hoarder as well. I used to do more than fine with just 4 default ones. These days, I manage to clutter up 30 stash tabs with all sorts of junk.

I dunno wtf you're on about, I've literally only ever had 1 of these maps drop inside a map ever, and it was the craptastic vaults of atziri. They're rarer than fucking exalts. Again, I can only assume you run in some retarded culling group to be under the impression that half the loot in this game is brown. Pretty much all of these come from the lab, and they tend to cost slightly more than what you can get out of them, just like all the crafting mats, because people use that shit because it's fun to gamble. I burned like 30c on these maps back when atlas came out to get the map bonuses like a month into the league, and got maybe like 5c worth of shit back. Prices were definitely a bit inflated back then by the challenges to do them, but even so, the returns were terrible.

"rarer than exalts" - here, be my guest: http://poe.trade/search/hanahasogizita
Also, Saark already mentioned how easy it is to acquire unique maps via the very common divination card drop.

I'm not an active mapper, and I already did almost all the unique maps on the atlas (only missing cloister and the perandus one).
Excluding vinktar (which 100% pays for itself with just the flask drop alone), on average I haven't paid more than 1c for each unique map. Probably even less, considering I did more than half of them in unique map rotations.

Apart from those, I already ran solo approx 20 olmecs+actons+maelstroms, each of which I bought for 1c.
And I have about 20 of those sitting in my stash, waiting for my 2nd char.
I'd have 2x more of them, but I simply stopped buying them a week ago.

Regarding getting shit loot from them - you obviously doing something very, very wrong. I don't even run any MF gear, and I get 2x the value of each map at the very least.
This is what I can recommend - git gud.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
The people who were really bothered by the lack of inventory space and didn't buy more stopped playing.
Do you know anybody like that? Because I don't. Anyone I recommended the game to either spent money once they realized that they were gonna play the game a bunch more, or didn't pay money and managed to deal with the 4 tabs. If you're bringing arguments like this into the discussion, you might at least try to back it up with some reddit or PoE-forum post.
Right, I forgot the 'right' way to play is to never pick anything up, literally discarding 90% of my profits. I'm sure it's 'manageable' if you 'play' 8 hours a day with the most meta build possible in a group of 6 people with a magic find culler so your loot filter only pings you when there are double digits worth of chaos sitting on the ground. Sounds exciting.
You know, when you start throwing "time" around it's really retarded to disregard one of the most useful tips to making as much currency in as little a time as possible. Stop picking everything up. Every minute, every goddamn second you waste on loot that is - with a 99.99% probability - gonna be shit you're simply doing it wrong, yes. Profits don't come from picking up every goddamn rare that drops. Profit comes from selling stuff that actually sells. Do you think you're gonna make a bunch of currency when you leave your map for every single 1c trade you put in? No, you invite them and trade after your map is done. Do you think IDing 300 rares until you finally get one that's worth 5c is gonna make you rich? No. When you get, on average, 1 chaos every other map running them in less than 5 minutes is more profitable than taking your time, IDing everything, using multiple portals, only to realize that all the loot is garbage. Yes, you might get lucky and find a 472pdps siege axe, but chances are you're not gonna find anything and just spent 10-15minutes and all you got to show for is a couple of alch shards and 3-4 alterations. Time well spent, certainly. In the mean-time I managed to run three times the amount of maps, already got up to T15 by the time you're still stuck in T5, and am selling 6socket ilvl 84 bases for 5c a pop. Sure, that requires me to push maps quickly, reroll for packsize and put beyond onto every map, but it's still more profitable than whatever it is you're doing.
It's a shame all the fun content in the game is unprofitable to run.
Let me fix that for you. It's a shame that for you all the fun content in the game is unprofitable to run.
Fact of the matter is, depending on what you consider fun of course, that most end-game content is profitable to run. Vinktars? Profitable even when you buy all 4 agnerods. Uber lab? We all know how profitable that one is. Atziri/Shaper? While you need to do a larger amount of runs to see returns, it is still profitable to run those even when buying all fragments/maps required to start it. I did 40 atziri runs early into the league, which was about 250c worth of fragments. I found 4 catalysts, all the rest of the items sold for 1c, while doryanis was still worth ~90c, so I made a seizable profit. It is still profitable now, since midnight prices are linked to doryanis, if doryanis becomes cheaper, so do fragments.
They're rarer than fucking exalts.
"The Encroaching Darkness is a divination card. A set of eight can be exchanged for a random corrupted unique map." They can drop in every fucking map, and you get atleast 1 card every other map. That's ~16 maps run for a unique map. When it takes you 10 minutes to complete a map because you pick up every rare, you don't get much out of it, yes. If you kill stuff more quickly and ignore most loot, you get to experience unique maps more often.
tend to cost slightly more than what you can get out of them, just like all the crafting mats, because people use that shit because it's fun to gamble
As stated by Reich already, that's simply not true. Even when running poorjoys by yourself, you still make a decent profit off of div-cards and lv20 gems. Just because YOU are unable to make a profit, doesn't mean nobody can. It doesn't even make economic sense that the materials required for a certain product would be more expensive than the resulting product. If people are buying unique maps at the price they are currently at, it's because they are making a profit. Why would anybody buy stuff to lose money?

If you wanna know what to pick up right now: High ilvl Siege Axes, Imperial/Gemini Claws, Coronal Mauls, Tornado Wands, 40% eledmg sceptres, jewelry, royal/eternal burgs, nightmare bascinets, jewels, uniques. Don't pick up chrome-recipes anymore unless you need chromes and don't want to buy them. Don't pick up boots, body armour or shields, they're not worth your time.

Pick those up, ID them, drop them again when they're shit. You don't want to have to play inventory management while inside a map.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Saark
A lot of what you say doesn't work for my playstyle (like, at all), but also a lot of what you say is very much true on a basic level.
It's really easy to make wealth in PoE, if you put your head to it.
At the very least, if you don't do dumb shit, you will still make a steady progress.

What I know which works for me consistently:

* chaos recipe during 1st week is mad $$$, because it allows to buy early exalts while they're cheap. But I also do chaos recipe throughout the league, because I have an efficient system for it, and it really adds up over time. Edit: it also has a great synergy with low-tier essence/alch spamming jewellery - anything non-sellable instantly becomes chaos recipe fodder (or sells for 2 alchs, whichever comes first).
* picking up rare helmets/gloves/boots and wands/daggers (+id'ing certain bulkier item base types, like the ones you listed above) - over time, I actually find and sell quite a lot of good rolled items that sell for 20c++. I know that I go really slow, but it's a pace that's comfortable for me.
* running cheap unique maps (and vinktars, because any flask alone pays for staves) - there's no reasonable way this would make you lose money. And it's really reliable, because these maps are easy, and they involve 0 rerolling.
* crafting jewels - more of a week 2+ venture, once I bought my gear and can afford to buy regals. The profit margins here are quite substantial.
* opening the atlas completely - it's actually very viable this league thanks to harbinger and horizon(!!!) orbs, which means that pretty much no map drop is a bad drop, and that map completion bonus really helps with sustain. And I plain like running different maps layouts.
* certain endgame content rotations - poorjoys map any league, beachhead maps this league, breachstones last 2 leagues - the exp and loot gains in full group are insane, it's also much safer than solo (usually), it's usually very fast (about the only time I engage in clear speed meta), and the cost of doing 6x pieces of content for the price of 1 is really laughable.
* uber lab runs - in previous leagues, you'd really want to wait til easy 4+ key layouts, but this league you can solo it every day with consistently high rewards. And if you build your char for lab runs, you will make insane profits by providing lab service for desperate plebs.

What I don't do, but I also know that it works:
* NOT picking up anything but the most select item types - more maps/hr = more loot/hr. It just works. I just don't like it.
* shaper/guardian/uber atziri runs - it really narrows down the list of viable builds, plus it requires that you are fast to level and go up in map tiers. This again requires fast playstyle, which is not for me.
* exp runs to level popular gems - those always sell for a ton and are always in demand. Again, this strat requires very fast clear speed and minimal looting, which just doesn't work for me.
* shaped atlas strat (with or without sextants) - you play "the best" maps in terms of exp+$$/hr gain, and you play them fast. And you sell tons of surplus maps, which are also meta, so they cost more on average. Me, I'd rather gouge my eyes out than run the same map for more than three times in a row.
* non-jewel item crafting - es gear last few leagues, but at the very least steel and opal rings are very much in demand this league. I really should get into it, but I'm too lazy atm.

Whatever Damned Registrations says, though, definitely doesn't make sense at all. Because it simply ain't true unless you fuck things up horribly somehow.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Just tried running a set of 4 acton's. Between the buying the maps, IDing a bajillion rings, price checking the uniques, and the actual farming, it took about half an hour. Cost me 8 chaos, returned about 20 chaos worth of currency or sellable gear and 4 tier 7 maps. Woo. That sick 24c/hour payout has me rock hard.

T. Reich

Arcane
Just tried running a set of 4 acton's. Between the buying the maps, IDing a bajillion rings, price checking the uniques, and the actual farming, it took about half an hour. Cost me 8 chaos, returned about 20 chaos worth of currency or sellable gear and 4 tier 7 maps. Woo. That sick 24c/hour payout has me rock hard.

Compared to you previously whining about losing money after running unique maps, you damn should be rock hard!
That's the majik of the pro PoE players rubbing off on you!

4 actons in 30 mins, my fucking sides! Price checking the uniques, hahahaha!

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Keep in mind that buying stuff right now is fucking ridiculous because the api seems to update every half hour or so. Unless you're using live-searches, which seem to work fine still, there will be a shit ton of people not responding/sitting in DND because they don't want to be spammed 50 times for an item that sold an hour ago.
If i push it, will it suddenly become doable?
It's certainly gonna be easier, yes. With Harbinger/Horizon Orbs you can easily get 100+ completed maps in a couple of days, so aim for that.
As for crafting maps, I don't chisel yet, only alch and go and I can sustain T13. Only mod I have to reroll is noregen, so that helps. If you want to chain T14+ you'll have to use chisels, sextants and beyond/bloodline your map depending on layout.

Damned Registrations

Compared to you previously whining about losing money after running unique maps, you damn should be rock hard!
That's the majik of the pro PoE players rubbing off on you!

4 actons in 30 mins, my fucking sides! Price checking the uniques, hahahaha!
Excuse me for not knowing the price of every item in the game for all possible rolls. :roll:

Whatever, enjoy your rotations. Pretty sure I'd rather gouge my eyes out. I suppose I could do both- not like you need eyes for those.

T. Reich

Arcane
certified fuckheads
while this might be, in my case I dont like trading/selling/stashing in general. Or so I like to think... In my case, as they keep adding new cards/essences/fragments it certainly becomes bothering as its not something you can discard(well you can buy you lose too much money).
Anyway I always plan for up to 2ex budget and its easy when picking only rare jewelry.

That being said, how do you sustain 11+ tier maps? I kept being forced to run 9/10 75% of a time as higher dont drop often enough. I do chisel + alch them. My atlas is filled to 50 though. If i push it, will it suddenly become doable?

I can't really say for sure, because it's all RNG as usual.
Generally, my atlas progression is very slow and methodical - when opening up atlas, I start at lowest tier, complete each map in that tier for atlas bonus, then move on to the next tier.
It's certainly not fast at all - while I'm opening up all the low-tier maps for bonus, faster people (assuming we started doing maps at the same time here) can already try to force their way into red-tier maps.
I usually have a bit of hiccup while around t8-10.
Right now I'm at 110-115 completion (some t13-15 left, bought guardian and shaper kills for cheap, because I'm low effort), and I have approx 8-10 maps of each tier (starting with 8 and up to 14) stashed for running.

I don't do anything special to sustain my map pool - I roll my maps rare, and I only bother with chisels for like t15-16 maps.
If I run a red-tier map for the first time, it gets vaaled, otherwise I don't bother.
I try to roll at least 1x packsize mod and preferrable also 70+ IIQ to go with it.
That's it really.

Horizon orbs are freaking amazing. They cost really cheap, and they can easily turn a bad map type into a good one.
Another trick with them is to use them on rare maps with bad mods - when horizon rerolls a map type, it ALSO rerolls the map mods, so it's much cheaper han chaos spam, although with a risk of getting a crap map type.

Also, I'm in a habit of buying higher tier maps occasionally - usually the ones I haven't done for my atlas (I always open my atlas completely).
Buying a rare corrupted t11+ can save you a lot of money and nerves compared to buying it white, then rolling, then vaaling it.
Running unique maps also buffs my mid-tier map pool nicely, though I hardly run those tiers anymore.

My long-term plan is to buy a shitton (as in 50+) of T15 Beachhead maps and then sell spots for them on /trade 820. Currently maps sell for 20-22c each, 5 spots are sellable for 4c each, so doing the map for me is essentially free (and it's also 100% scammer-proof and faster to assemble, unlike beachhead rotas).
And then I get shitton of exp, plenty of map drops (can drop up to t16, getting 3-4 t10+ maps per map is a good average), a shitton of currency drops, and a chance for a harbinger unique piece, some of which sell for 1ex+.
All win, no loss, and I'll have a huge map pool by the end of it all. And then I will not run a single map because I'll get bored of the league by then topkek.

In previous leagues, my mapping routine would be to alternate between t11+ maps, vinktar square, breachstones, unique maps, normal atziri and uber lab.
This league I'll be mostly doing t15 beachhead, unique maps and uber lab.
This league, Vinktar is not as sexy and profitable anymore, and breachstones are relatively crap AND expensive.

P.S.: Regarding stash clutter:
1) Don't hoard essences - use them! At worst, you get some extra jewellery for chaos recipe, at best - something really pricey or worth using yourself.
2) 90% of div cards are completely worthless. Might as well vendor them and be done with it. The cards that are actually worth something will sell like hot cakes if you price them competitively (as in, at lowest non-scam price).
OR just buy the missing div cards and complete the set, if it's worth to you.
3) Fragments are like div cards - they're either so cheap that you might as well vendor them, or they will sell instantly if priced cheap, or you can buy the missing pieces and do it yourself.
4) Also, a viable strat for selling items (I use it on standard) is to not sell (or keep) anything worth less than 5c. That basically means that you'll be only selling popular uniques, some jewellery, and an occasional really good rare.
5) Sell extra maps! Or, if you don't like small-time trades - vendor them up to get higher tiers to run.
If all else fails - clutter up our guild stash:M.
Back when I only played with default tabs, my stash was: 1) orbs 2) maps 3) stuff for sale 4) stuff for personal use + various crap.
These days, I have 5 tabs full of white leather belts that I can't seem to sell to anyone:negative:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom