Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Carceri

Arcane
I sincerely hope you're right about having enough time. Btw, does anybody know if they plan to incorporate abyss stuff into the base game?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Building another elder. White map, no mods. Start of the map - white chest, no mods. Lazy click, hold rmb. RIP. 3 packs of porcupines.:argh:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Reached LVL92, not fun dying after that point cause red maps give ~2/100 XP, all I got to do after that is spending points on HP nods that give whoopin 60-80hp
Todo list: one guardian (Fenix) and Shaper. I have 12/15 Memory Fragments but running around Atlas and changing influence is so fuking time consuming, cost some orbs (if you don't have some maps) and RNG ridden it's not even funny.

Got enought exes to buy Bisco's Collar, so far results are... not impressive. 98IncrQuantity and 287IncRarity. Using Alchemy Orbs and sextants, still meh results.

@up
lel porcupines
I hate them too when played with other characters, currently Frost Blades spam with Regen+leech character is good against them

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got my guatdian to 93 and juggernaut is getting close to 90.
I said to myself I would only play one character this league and then I got lucky with items for sale and exalts that dropped and ended up with 4 fully equipped characters lol.

And now one month until end of league I am still not done and I am already thinking about characters for next league..
I play this game way too much now.. I now know how WoW players must have felt..

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ran ~15 red maps and got exactly 0 red maps in return. I think, i'm done for today.

T. Reich

Arcane
I don't run that many maps myself, but I had 0 problems sustaining (and building) a respectable map pool after breaching the usual initial t8-9 hiccup.
Generally, I have no problems chaining t12-14 maps with good sustain rates, with occasionally doing t15-16 maps - these are likely impossible by design to sustain in the "normal" game scenarios, outside of sextant blocking and high MF stacking.

I don't do MF, and I don't do sextants.
All I have is the full atlas unlock + trying to roll 25+ packsize on maps (generally it's alch-and-go, though) + occasionally throwing a good Zana mod on if the overall map mods benefit from that (breach on good layouts with high packsize and yuge open spaces, beyond on otherwise beefy maps that don't merit breach). T14+ get chiseled.

Carceri

Arcane
For the last 3 days this shit is happening to me. Can't drop red maps at all. I feel like I should not have played, just take a mini-break or something. Can't shrug off the feeling I have wasted my maps. Funny how bad luck works and I'm so close to 97.

Reinhardt

Arcane
4 red maps in 3 runs. I think i'm ok again.

But i think i'm done with this league. Got mask and wings, but not portal. Challenges that left are either too grindy or too luck dependent, like stupid lich. 2 leagues in a row is pretty tiring and i think i need a break.

Last edited:

Balor

Arcane
Oh, it got nerfed, right.
Well, still wanna try it sometime... and besides, I'm SSF.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finally beat the Shaper today, tried him few times and always failed at 3rd phase. Either orbs catch me in the forcefield (for some reason they kill me instantly, compared to previous phases where they hit me badly, it was weird) or not enough damage to kill him before another forcefield phase start, and sometimes his clone is doing nasty stuff beyond my screen.

It costs me hundreds (out of my 750c stash) of chaos orbs to reach it, spend on respecing my character (Ele Claw Inq Molten Strike),changing his equipment (fkn Lycosidae was expensive as fuck, only Dying Sun would beat it but I couldn't afford it) and Shaper's fragments (why people rarely sell them for chiseles is beyond me, they are easy to obtain, bartering is about selling something that people are too lazy to make themselves), money well spend I can tell.

I could farm more orbs (for Dying Sun, and to get my currency back) with my Windripper+Bisco+pair of Gamble (9% Quant+25+%Rarity each) map farmer but I'm so fed off with the game I gonna return in the new league. Also because I need better GPU (good riddance these days with mining fest) cause it started showing artifacts after some time (nothing serious, just random popping to scare me) and internet for a game, even with shit I have now - it's impressive that I managed to do all that.

At least cleared Zana mission for unique. Twice.
Still can't catch second lich.

Got Baron out of one :)
Pfff, weak.
I got Windripper from her mission.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
All I got left is to try Shaper on my strongest character. I did 4 characters this league, 1 bad one, 1 average, one godlike and one good. Last one was as an uber lab farmer as a test for next league as starter character.
It is a Juggernaut that farms Oni-Goroshi for few hours and then uses Molten Strike and proceeds to farm Uber Lab until he can afford Kaom's Armor. Then you can easily do red maps with it.

But then I got a need to try out Bodyswap totems so I respeced my first character (inquisitor) to be that. And now I am thinking of respecing my 2nd character (Scion) to be a self cast Detonate Dead character. I got most of the gear for it already on other characters and PoB says it would be insane. 1.5 mil damage and over 9000 ehp (life+mana).

ArchAngel

Arcane
But then I got a need to try out Bodyswap totems so I respeced my first character (inquisitor) to be that.

How did it work?
I can clear red maps easily. Red map bosses are much harder (tried Dig and Desert Springs bosses). Probably needs something else for those. Problem is that bodyswap is a blue gem and you cannot put in Detonate Dead or Volatile Dead for boss fights. And there are no green slot supports that give decent dps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom