Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Heh, soloed my way up to Dominus on cruel, even killed his henchmen without braking a sweat, then moved on him and BAM, one shotted three times in a row. I gathered a party of five and we all pretty much died ten times each before the fucker went down.

All that careful build planning and it seems the only way to get through to the end boss is to use the tried and true allahu akbar technique. Thank god experience gain is pretty fast in this game (faster then d2 even), but now i'm wondering what Dominus on merciless is going to be like.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Guys is this a codexian guild or some random doods guild?

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Heh, soloed my way up to Dominus on cruel, even killed his henchmen without braking a sweat, then moved on him and BAM, one shotted three times in a row .

What are your resistances and hp?

2000hp and cold and lighting near the cap. The only one that is crap is fire, but i brought a flak with me. Didn't help. I also brought a flask of chaos resistance. Didn't do shit either. But then, you really don't have much time to really think about what's going on. He just zaps you and your are dead.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
2k hp on a melee marauder? Yeah, you're just asking for trouble. I died to cruel dominus with a 3,2k hp marauder.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Here's my current build (spected out of blood magic so i can use auras):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...twBrG2MmY0iHcPd6W37LnUuoY7DjvDvIv9kj3Mve--Os=

There are two major HP nodes i'm aiming at, the one near the Templar starting point and the one near the Duelist one. Beyond those, i think my problem is just shit gear. This is my first character so i expected to fuck something up, but i think beyond getting the HP nodes later then i should have, there aren't really that many mistakes. I think the encounter is designed for rape regardless how good your build is.

Dieithrio

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Question: I need a game to play to relax, pass some time, for fun... Should I choose this or Torchlight 2 (which I have)?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Torchlight 2 is boring unless you pick the highest difficulty, where it is anything but relaxing. This game may not be as tough T2 is at the highest setting but it is too complicated to be relaxing.

My recommendation? Play Titan Quest. You'll be snoozing in no time.

Dieithrio

Educated
Patron
Thanks guys. With the information I got i wanna try it. Sounds cool enough. Maybe I didn't intend *relaxing* at all, just something I don't have to play for many and many hours...

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Here's my current build (spected out of blood magic so i can use auras):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...twBrG2MmY0iHcPd6W37LnUuoY7DjvDvIv9kj3Mve--Os=

There are two major HP nodes i'm aiming at, the one near the Templar starting point and the one near the Duelist one. Beyond those, i think my problem is just shit gear. This is my first character so i expected to fuck something up, but i think beyond getting the HP nodes later then i should have, there aren't really that many mistakes. I think the encounter is designed for rape regardless how good your build is.

You should have taken the duelist life nodes first instead of the endurance charges but your tree doesn't look that bad. You probably have pretty bad gear indeed.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Found a Cast when Damage Taken gem and damn is that shit awesome. Running Molten Shell + Devouring Totem+ Enduring Cry right now to great effect.

Last edited:

Aothan

Magister
just came across the unique Lightning Coil armour in the trade channel a short while ago, and for some odd inclination decided to exchange seven Chaos Orbs for said armour. The most obvious complication with trying to use such armour is that my lightning resist is now a less than reassuring 1% .. so now I must make substantial changes to the rest of my items to raise lightning resist whilst also not compromising any other resistances. Yet if managable without too much change to my life and resist values then the unique properties of the armour, specifically the partial conversion of physical damage to lightning damage, then it may be especially effective for otherwise unarmoured character. Although it dawned on me susceptibility to shock status effects makes for some incredibly precarious scenarios; I have already taken Crystal Skin and the Freeze or Chill nodes, naturally enough the Chance to Avoid Shock are practically necessary now but even then there is still a heightened chance of being shocked...the name of the armour is entirely apt.

Cast on Damage Taken skill gems do sound rather effective, maybe too effective but that remains to be seen. I would also like to try one for Enduring Cry among other useful defensive skills.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cast on Damage Taken skill gems are very good indeed actually lose their effectiveness if you level them up, HP loss needed to activate them goes up each time you allow them to level up.
I'm using one on my duelist, Decoy totem+Endruging Cry+Enfeeble.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
2000hp and cold and lighting near the cap. The only one that is crap is fire, but i brought a flak with me. Didn't help. I also brought a flask of chaos resistance. Didn't do shit either. But then, you really don't have much time to really think about what's going on. He just zaps you and your are dead.

If you got hit by the lightning AoE that he does after screaming "THE TOUCH OF GOD!" or something similar then I think you're supposed to move away - granted, there's not a lot of time to react, especially as a melee character. I haven't gotten to Cruel Dominus yet (farming Docks at the moment - I'm on Nemesis so I'd really like to avoid getting one-shot) but I did get hit by that attack on Normal and it did about 600 damage through capped lightning resistance - it's entirely conceivable that it could do 2K on Cruel.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Cast on Damage Taken skill gems are very good indeed actually lose their effectiveness if you level them up, HP loss needed to activate them goes up each time you allow them to level up.
Is there any actual benefit to leveling it then, beyond the negative?

I see people selling it on trade chat for 9 chaos. I somehow don't think it's worth the price, although I could certainly use it.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there any actual benefit to leveling it then, beyond the negative?

I see people selling it on trade chat for 9 chaos. I somehow don't think it's worth the price, although I could certainly use it.

Well it has a percentage on it(x% less damage) which drops as it levels. Maybe it lowers the %of damage needed to activate? Don't know really.
9 chaos is lots for this even with all this usefullness. It is a fix quest reward at Act3 merciless(a bit late :)) and I got 1 from random monster at cruel.

Edit: There is also Cast on Death gem, wonder if it can be used in PVP with corpse explosion ...

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Agh. Died from massive bleed damage in the fetid pools. I was drinking 1000 HP life potions and still I was being drained down to nothing.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
RIP, Smashing Axe! :bro:

I've almost died to mobs with the Corrupted Blood modifier on Nemesis a couple of times now - remove bleeding pots are pretty much a necessity at the moment.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Edit: There is also Cast on Death gem, wonder if it can be used in PVP with corpse explosion ...

You can link the portal gem to it when you face Dominus trololo

Cast on Damage Taken is GODLY. Best support skill in the game. The only reason to level it up is to use skills that need to be triggered when you are low on health (like Immortal Call), but i prefer to use those manually anyway. Just right-click on the level up warning when it pops up to get rid of it and keep it at level 1.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
One should also note that Corrupted Blood only applies when you hit stuff. Once you get too many nodes circling around you, just disengage and wait it out. The mob isn't going anywhere.

Though I find it quite ironic that you died in Fetid Pool from bleed, not from charging skelly rhoas. Either way, I avoid that place like a plague until I really need those skillpoint refunds.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So how far can you actually get before the grind begins? I have no intention of trying to get to 100, i just want to "park" my character at a reasonable level where i can say the "build" is complete and move on to another character.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
So how far can you actually get before the grind begins? I have no intention of trying to get to 100, i just want to "park" my character at a reasonable level where i can say the "build" is complete and move on to another character.

After 75ish, the experience gain is starting to slow down, at 81 it turns into a real grind. All my chars end up somewhere in between. A lot depends on the lvl of maps you have access to and the clear speed of the character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom