Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Lhynn

Arcane
Edit: I'm also using Hatred and a bunch of Freeze related items.
Swich to artic armor and maybe herald of ash or some other shit, auras are too costly and they are a waste because you are always solo.

made

Arcane
Edit: I'm also using Hatred and a bunch of Freeze related items.
Hatred doesn't do much for PA, neither do any of the other offensive auras/heralds so you're free to use more defensive options. As mentioned above, gem levels are the main source of PA's damage. Also frenzy charges are a massive buff for any build now that they are a damage multiplier.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I got those frenzy boots and have 5 frenzy charges pretty much all the time.. My character is doing good, I just feel like I have wasted gem slots. The marauder in the group uses determination as well.

Quatlo

Arcane
Probably your best bet is to upgrade the bow, +3 to bow skills is preferable but expensive as fuck unless you are lucky nad find some moron that doesnt know what he is selling, I got 180 pdps wand for 2 chaos from some idiot and now im pretty much set except if i want to oneshot stuff even more.
Also I guess you could try some trap shenanigans, items are cheap and scale nicely.

Veelq

Augur
I got those frenzy boots and have 5 frenzy charges pretty much all the time.. My character is doing good, I just feel like I have wasted gem slots. The marauder in the group uses determination as well.
If you have any free slots for gems you can always lvl more PA gems for corrupting later. Lvl 20 gem can become lvl 21 whem corrupted with vaal orb but its not guaranteed and as you already prolly know gem lvls are main source of dmg for PA.

Quatlo

Arcane
If you have any free slots for gems you can always lvl more PA gems for corrupting later. Lvl 20 gem can become lvl 21 whem corrupted with vaal orb but its not guaranteed and as you already prolly know gem lvls are main source of dmg for PA.
You can always carry them on switch, I always level up a lot of gems that way.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I keep using Summon Spectre even though it sucks. I just think it's fun. Got killed by a rogue exile while messing with my flasks though. Every now and then a really tough one shows up.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm mostly using spectres for support. Cursing/buffing mobs helps a lot when clearing maps quickly. Having 2 apes buffing my army of darkness with frenzy charges is priceless.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
I keep using Summon Spectre even though it sucks. I just think it's fun. Got killed by a rogue exile while messing with my flasks though. Every now and then a really tough one shows up.

MFW when spectre summoners are still one of the stronger builds available atm.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Cruel act 3 in Tempest league atm. Haven't played in well over a year and I'm really digging most of the changes and additions. The game has gotten more cashul accessible for first characters. Building damage in hardcore is actually a thing now. Gem vendors, gazillion easy to get resist all and armor nodes mean I'm constantly at 50%+ phys dmg reduction and already at max resistances for merciless, in shit gear, without using trade chat once. The new act is a mixed bag, I feel. I love the score and some dungeon design, especially Kaom's place, but the whole act is way too short and the story feels lackluster. Gemling Queen is a ranting mess, can't fucking stand her. The whole Piety part was wut but whatever. Malachai is damn pretty nasty already in normal, I'll be sure to farm a while before I tacking him in higher difficulties. Tempest mod itself is pretty shit so far, maybe it will come in play more in maps and such.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
And here I thought I was gonna get my shit together and put my life back on track, bu NOOOOO. Started playing Path of Exile instead. Gee, thanks a lot Lhynn, Eyeball. :happytrollboy:

Main char is a zweihander duelist with hybrid (armor + evasion) defense. No transformation passives yet, that shit requires some serious planning ahead. I'm taking everything sword and 2-handed related + whatever gives me hybrid (armor + evasion) defense. Game got pretty easy after getting some notable passives. Guess Cruel is where the challenge is.

Lhynn

Arcane
Uh, i uninstalled. ill probably be back to play when the next big expansion launches.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
The whole game is actually easy except for a few difficulty spikes. The final boss is still a mother fucker. It's a great game, but many aspects of it aren't quite as enjoyable as they theoretically should be.

Lhynn

Arcane
I believe the main problem is both a lack of depth and lack of breadth of options to deal with any particular situation. You just build an uber specialized character and do the same thing again and again and again, without rhyme or reason.
Passive tree is a missed opportunity, and should probably be reworked with more multipurpose nodes.

Skill gems should probably be much more rare, a LOT harder to level and not present any level requirement to make them actually valuable. Town portal scroll should have cast time, identify should go away, with the sheer amount of loot you get it quickly becomes a chore. Item drop quantity should be lowered to oblivion, item drop quality should be upped by a lot as well. Traps should also be a thing.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I'm still on the honeymoon phase, tho. But I agree on the specialization thing.

Also, if one were to take that passive that converts ALL your damage to fire...how the fuck would he deal with a fire immune creature? Unless there are none.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I believe the main problem is both a lack of depth and lack of breadth of options to deal with any particular situation. You just build an uber specialized character and do the same thing again and again and again, without rhyme or reason.
Passive tree is a missed opportunity, and should probably be reworked with more multipurpose nodes.

Skill gems should probably be much more rare, a LOT harder to level and not present any level requirement to make them actually valuable. Town portal scroll should have cast time, identify should go away, with the sheer amount of loot you get it quickly becomes a chore. Item drop quantity should be lowered to oblivion, item drop quality should be upped by a lot as well. Traps should also be a thing.
And they should rename the game Path of Diablo 3, right?

Lhynn

Arcane
Havent played diablo 3, so i have no idea what you are talking about. I was thinking more along the lines of tome4, flexible characters to survive different challenges instead of 1 trick ponies and repetitive gameplay.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
D3 had no builds and bad loot the first few months. Never played it after that. The action was good but that was it. Also, worst writing in ARPG history (yes worse than Sacred 2).

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I have no opinion about D3 since I downloaded a demo and uninstalled after realizing the automatic distribution of stats was a hardcoded "feature". Guess it's a pretty shitty game, huh?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom