Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Pathfinder: Kingmaker Codex Fundraiser - Better Late Than Never

PrettyDeadman

That's another reason the game should have been made in literally any other engine but Unity: No mod support, which means none of the vastly superior third party class options.
Rimworld is made with Unity (but uses a lot of custom components instead of what is provided with the engine) and it have a vast mod support. I don't think the engine is that big of a barrier by itself.

PrettyDeadman

Also, heres a funny pick-ture I found on the internet:
ThreadNecromancer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's another reason the game should have been made in literally any other engine but Unity: No mod support, which means none of the vastly superior third party class options.

"Mod support" isn't something that a general purpose middleware engine can be expected to automatically provide - it needs to be built into the game. But in fact because Unity is C#-based, you can theoretically mod any Unity game to your liking by decompiling it and directly modifying its code, although it's not easily done.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
As much as I dislike Unity, I don't think there is anything stopping Unity devs from having things like items and creatures (probably even rules) in more open external formats.

I think it's mostly just laziness.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Plus I haven't noticed accessibility oriented mechanics such as per-encounter garbage

That's right, if it's a faithful Pathfinder implementation it won't have per-encounter abilities, only a bunch of at-will abilities (usable infinite times per-encounter) :cool:

? Not that I don't acknowledge your agenda, but most of the "fallback" abilities in Pathfinder are limited by daily uses. You just typically have a lot of uses (7 or 8 per day because it's based on a flat number + modifier).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
? Not that I don't acknowledge your agenda, but most of the "fallback" abilities in Pathfinder are limited by daily uses. You just typically have a lot of uses (7 or 8 per day because it's based on a flat number + modifier).

I mean combat maneuvers like Disarm and Dirty Trick.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I mean combat maneuvers like Disarm and Dirty Trick.

Most of which are actually pretty difficult to use unless you build for them.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ah - those were in D&D 3.5 as well just with a less "systemized", less useful and less varied approach.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
If they end up being abusable, it wouldn't surprise me if the devs change them to be per-encounter.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Regardless, you're right that it's weird to be OK with at-will CMs and think per encounter is degenerate, unless of course you're a simulationistfag

PrettyDeadman

But will they implement the "very simple" grappling system?

It even has a very straightforward flowchart:
http://www.pfsprep.com/e107_files/public/1482694608_186_FT297_grappleflowchart_1.0.pdf
They said on stream that some creatures will be able to grapple you but players will not be able to.
I am sure grappling mechanics will be put to good use then modders decide to implement tasteful sexual encounters with unwilling critters.

Grumpy Grognard

Inn Between Worlds
Developer

That's total bullshit, pal. There's no reason why Unity engine games can't be moddable. As with any engine, you'd have to do some work to allow for 'mods' - depending on what you mean by mods. New assets? Scripts? Content? Mechanics?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why are you always giving money to big and successful projects like this one instead of backing smaller and more deserving ones, that would benefit way more from the kind of pocket change the codex is able to gather?

Raise some money to help VD, Styx, the KotC guy, or whoever else. Even helping smaller and unproven developers (like the Demiurgos guys) would make more sense, and I'm sure they would appreciate it more.

Paypal's not an option with crowdfunding unless the project has already succeeded.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some time ago I promised myself that I will start backing Kickstarter projects again, when I am done with all the games I had backed previously.

I have managed not to break that promise yet.

However... A Codex fundraiser is a completely different thing, isn't it? Surely, I can throw in a few bucks, since this is not Kickstarter technically.

PrettyDeadman

Some time ago I promised myself that I will start backing Kickstarter projects again, when I am done with all the games I had backed previously.

I have managed not to break that promise yet.

However... A Codex fundraiser is a completely different thing, isn't it? Surely, I can throw in a few bucks, since this is not Kickstarter technically.
You can make a pledge is someone's else name, that way you'll waste your money AND won't recieve a game. Sounds like a win/win.

Father Foreskin

Learned
I relentlesly oppose these kickstarter practices where some moron with too much money gets to make stupid shit and ruin the game. Since its on now, how about an NPC with a penis for a nose

Sentinel

Arcane
Is that another "here dude read this wiki entry lol!" hyperlink system I see?

Dropped.

PS: Holy shit those breathing animations on the NPCs are way overdone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom