Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Pathfinder: Kingmaker Codex Fundraiser - Better Late Than Never

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
It's in the 39th minute.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Notice that prices on Owlcat's preorder site are now higher than what the Kickstarter had: https://owlcatgames.com/preorder

That means that right now, our fundraiser is the best way to get this game. If you know anybody that missed the Kickstarter, tell them to come here.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Paypal's not an option with crowdfunding unless the project has already succeeded.
What I'm trying to say is fuck crowdfunding, you can always make private deals with smaller, reliable and more promising developers.

And for those who think it would be too risky, just look at how much money you gave InXile to make Torment, bigger studios are not necessarily more reliable. I'm quite sure that Iron Tower, Stygian Software, Whalenought, or Overhype Studios would have spent such money more wisely.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pfft, "private deals". Some people were saying this about Age of Decadence a few years back. "Who cares if there's no Kickstarter, Codex should just give Vault Dweller a ton of money anyway!" If he wanted money, he would have done a Kickstarter.

Whalenought did do a Kickstarter for SitS and got a Codex fundrasier.

(Copper Dreams didn't because it took them until the last minute to reach their base funding goal. I guess we could have done it anyway but these last minute fundraising campaigns shouldn't become a habit)

Last edited:

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've donated 28$ for one copy of the game. I didn't see anywhere if the donation should be bigger than that to cover any taxes, like how it was with the Original Sin 2 campaign. Do any of you know if that's the case now?

PrettyDeadman

Backer forums seem to be already working. We should hurry up with campaign, I want to recieve most eldest and prestigious backer forum account to have an authority to scold other people for their tastes and explain them how my rpg tastes are superior.

Andhaira

Arcane
Plus I haven't noticed accessibility oriented mechanics such as per-encounter garbage

That's right, if it's a faithful Pathfinder implementation it won't have per-encounter abilities, only a bunch of at-will abilities (usable infinite times per-encounter) :cool:

No, it depends. Pathfinder has spell slot casting, similar to Baldur's Gate and ToEE; Pathfinder also has special abilities usable x+ Ability Modifier times per day; these abilities usually depend on class and archtype choices, as well as Prestige Class choices.

Btw I don't think this game will have PrCs; don't really need them when you have archtypes, but they can be cool.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Plus I haven't noticed accessibility oriented mechanics such as per-encounter garbage
That's right, if it's a faithful Pathfinder implementation it won't have per-encounter abilities, only a bunch of at-will abilities (usable infinite times per-encounter) :cool:
No, it depends. Pathfinder has spell slot casting, similar to Baldur's Gate and ToEE; Pathfinder also has special abilities usable x+ Ability Modifier times per day; these abilities usually depend on class and archtype choices, as well as Prestige Class choices.

Btw I don't think this game will have PrCs; don't really need them when you have archtypes, but they can be cool.
I think Infinitron is talking about infinite cantrip casting.
As for PrC, one of the companions is Arcane Trickster, I doubt that is going to be the only one.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I said what I was talking about. Fighter maneuvers like Disarm that were also infinite-per-encounter in the NWN games.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Infinite per encounter means nothing and it is a made up word for at will which is different than per encounter or only during combat which what poe has

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Let me get this straight. I pledged 20$ on kickstarter and got the Early Bird Digital Download. If I donate another 20$ here could I then add the amounts and upgrade to the Premium Digital Download reward tier?

Drax

Arcane
You can also gift your key to some fellow poorfag codexer...
rating_prestigious.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Let me get this straight. I pledged 20$ on kickstarter and got the Early Bird Digital Download. If I donate another 20$ here could I then add the amounts and upgrade to the Premium Digital Download reward tier?

It's possible that they would merge your pledge here and your Kickstarter pledge on their portal. Are you using the same email for PayPal and Kickstarter?

I don't know how the portal would work in terms of allowing you to change your order though.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you using the same email for PayPal and Kickstarter?
Yes I am! Ok so I will try at least. I don't need two game keys anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom