Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But will it have Rasputin?

PZO9071_500.jpeg
Maybe the Boney M version, just to be inclusive.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
It is just a bad idea to have your KS run during E3 and Steam Summer sale. People are going to be spending money on multiple discounted games and play them now, not for one game they will play in 1.5 years.

Seems the KS was tied to Pathfinder Adventures release.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/1919024

Global Map Exploration
Posted by Oleg

Dear Pathfinders,

Here's a brand new video update for you. Exploration is an important part of the Pathfinder: Kingmaker experience. We want you to have a great time traveling through the Stolen Lands and uncovering their secrets using our exploration system.

We hope you will enjoy our new video and, as always, we can't wait to hear your comments and feedback.

28f272767ef1fb7fc783b586935ab4e4_original.png

One More Thing

Check out Ash of Gods! Our friends at AurumDust Studio are working on an incredible turn-based RPG. Their campaign will end in a few hours and they're within touching distance of their funding goal. Take a look - you might get a kick out of this, especially if you're a fan of tactical, turn-based combat!

Hail to the kings!

Owlcats

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Goddamn this campaign is crawling, and right before the finish line:

dailypledges.png

exp-cone.png

Hopefully it reaches its goal tomorrow but it might take until Saturday.

Rev

Arcane
Damn, the campaign is really going slow these days, but still it's gonna be funded, although it's quite obvious that they won't reach a lot of stretch goals.
Anyhow, I originally predicted that they would've got like 700k, which is now in line with Kicktraq's projection: we'll see how much closer the final result will be to that.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Their underwhelming first stretch goal might have something to do with it. It is an OK feature, but it feels underwhelming as a stretch goal IMO.

I have pledged already, but the updates have also missed the mark for me:
What I would like to know is how will they avoid the pitfalls of the PnP campaign (ie the disconnect between kingdom building and adventuring), the way they will model war if there is no mass combat system.

There was a video update about the kingdom building but I found it quite vague.

So basically, to me, there is very little information about what makes this adventure path special compared to other that don't feature carving your own kingdom.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
of course it is going slowly, it's been poorly marketed

Not everybody has shittons of marketing cash.

they themselves can do plenty of things that don't require "marketing cash." especially since a kickstarter is fundamentally a marketing act to solicit money. spreading shit on social media, various community forums, contacting various game related websites, etc. don't require anything but time and effort.

PrettyDeadman

I am planning to back it on the las or second to last day of the compaign.
I am pretty sure that there will be huge increase after the compaign reaches its goal in a few day (thanks to YUGE donation from rpg codex among other things).

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
You guys are still forgetting one big thing - they are unknown developer. This isn't Brian Fargo, Cheater McCheaterson Schafer, Obsidian or Larian Studios. There's no media presence, since they are RUSSIAN! They got 500k ridding mainly on Pathfinder and RPG fans, that's a big amount. If they started with 200-300k, they would get a lot more stretch goals.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
they themselves can do plenty of things that don't require "marketing cash."

For example, show people gameplay from the actually quite impressive prototype that they've already developed instead of hiding it on IGN.

Maybe they plan on doing that later?

PrettyDeadman

It's actually quite infuriating that they refuse to show gameplay on their prototype.
Maybe IGN has exclusive rights or something.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I find presentation of the game lacking. This would be funded in a day, 5y ago. Now when KS has sceptical crowd, you have to show what uniqueness are you offering.
So, before going on KS you have to polish the world and gameplay presentation to stand out among the crowd. For now, I can't see this game stands out except for the words of developers.
I'm sure they are fine devs but they didn't prepare for KS appropriately.

PrettyDeadman

Don't any of you Jews have a bundle of cash to throw at this? This needs to be funded, yesterday.
I wanted to fund it today when i've seen what there only a couple of dollars left till the goal but then I though it's probably funded already but the numbers aren't updating probably so i'd better stick to my original plan (fund it on the last day of the campaign).

If it isn't funded by 23:00 MOSCOW time I'll fund it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/1919952

WOW! You made our dream come true!
Posted by Oleg

Dear Pathfinders,

WE HAVE REACHED OUR FUNDING GOAL! WOOHOO!

It's hard to find the words to describe just how overjoyed and excited we are to have the support of our amazing community. Thousands of Pathfinders from around the globe have come together to make this game a reality, and we are eternally grateful to you all! What better way to celebrate than to reveal our next stretch goal?

Our heartfelt thanks for believing in us go out to each and every one of you!

0b2dda33c072d5e120fbdc50aa1c3983_original.gif

New stretch goal - Magus
b1a3d523df661dadfd51b41ed956a255_original.jpg

All of us were brought up among countless fantasy novels, shows, games and movies. And when we play Pathfinder at the table we want our character to be close to what inspired us in the heroes and villains from these familiar pages and scenes, to be able to do things like they did, and that's a major part of what RPGs are about. Yet while there is no shortage of traditional fantasy heroes, who fight with both sword and magic with impunity - from Elric of Melnibone to Geralt the Witcher, to even Jedi Knights, it's hard to make such a character in an RPG. Most standard sets of RPG classes either don't give you the possibility to play such a character, or worse, limitations on character development render these builds ineffective. Fret not, for we have great news! Unveiling our latest stretch goal, let us show you the ideal class for you: the Magus.

ebb696f38317821f78e803e807a6f0e3_original.jpg

There are those who spend their lives poring over ancient tomes and texts, unlocking the power of magic, and there are those who spend their time perfecting the use of individual weapons, becoming masters without equal. The Magus is at once a student of both philosophies, blending magical ability and martial prowess into something entirely unique, a discipline in which both spell and steel are used to devastating effect.

Much like his martially adept colleagues, the Magus makes skillful use of melee weapons in combat. He wears his armor without being hindered in his spellcasting abilities like many other magic-users. The Magus prefers one-handed weapons, because of his signature ability, Spell Combat, that allows him to use his other hand to cast spells while simultaneously attacking an opponent with his weapon of choice.

ef5be326237488d5610c9250995694e1_original.JPEG

From the secrets of his magical counterparts, he gets a vast array of arcane spells, which both include classics, like Fireball and Haste, and entirely new spells, like Greater Blade Dash – a spell, that allows the Magus to teleport to a designated point and attack anyone unlucky enough to stand in his path. The Magus also gets an arcane pool – a reservoir of magical energy, that can be spent to imbue his weapon with various enchantments or to restore the spells he has already cast that day.

His battle prowess allows him to dauntlessly cast spells, which other arcane casters fear to use, for these spells would require them to approach dangerous melee combat. The Magus excels particularly at using touch spells, like Shocking Grasp and Force Punch, because his Spell Strike feature allows him to discharge them not by touching an opponent, but by hitting them with his weapon of choice, inflicting upon the target both the effects of the spell and full damage from the attack, all as part of casting his spell.

As he grows in power, the Magus unlocks powerful forms of arcana that allow him to merge his talents further, and at the pinnacle of his art, the Magus becomes a blur of steel and magic, a force that few foes would dare to stand against. Available forms of arcana include, for example, new properties to enchant his blade with, getting a familiar (a magical creature that will serve Magus as a pet), acquiring new spells from the Wizard’s spell list and the ability to use a wand as a second weapon in pair with his primary one.

ec77a6503e2e3bf014282be238cef0f5_original.jpg

Magus is a complex class with different paths of development to choose from. Players who are unsure whether they want to play a spellcaster or a melee combatant will find his access to both quite convenient. If you enjoy having the possibility to just quickly beat up a bunch of weaker enemies with normal attacks, whilst being able to utilize complex spell combinations in difficult fights, you will find the way of the Magus perfect. And for those of you who want the proverbial Jack of all trades, somebody with deadly skills in both melee and magic may find that the Magus fits this description, and in certain situations beats his specialized counterparts.

28f272767ef1fb7fc783b586935ab4e4_original.png

* All specific names are used only as a reference to original Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (R) entities and could be subject to change in the Pathfinder: Kingmaker CRPG.

Hail to the kings!

Owlcats.

passerby

Arcane
That is a lot of belts. Is it a jrpg now ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom