Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cael

Arcane
no he's not head author in Pathfinder. FNV DLCs will still be the last time he was a "lead" author on something.

so the story's gonna suck?

I'm gonna make a shit game, pay MCA 2k to write a line of dialogue, and all the retards will buy because I advertise mca writing
Make it 5k and he will have to appear at a con of some sort, and let the hype train take off.

man I love the way this game looks and the details (like character creation) so far. I really have high hopes for this game. I have a feeling this will be the best of the new RPg's, better than PoE, DoS etc..I may be over estimating it and therefore it could never live up to my expectations. but so far everything they have showed us looks more detailed, more monocled and and more incline than any game since maybe Icewind Dale II or Temple of Elemental Evil. Hope I am correct.

Yosharian

Arcane

man I love the way this game looks and the details (like character creation) so far. I really have high hopes for this game. I have a feeling this will be the best of the new RPg's, better than PoE, DoS etc..I may be over estimating it and therefore it could never live up to my expectations. but so far everything they have showed us looks more detailed, more monocled and and more incline than any game since maybe Icewind Dale II or Temple of Elemental Evil. Hope I am correct.

:hmmm:

Dodo1610

Arcane
Well the game is released in 4 days and 2h so we will see soon how good it really is. I just wish reviews would be out b4 tuesday.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I really, really wouldn't play a contemporary RPG on release day, I'll wait at least a few months.
I`ll never learn made the same mistake with PO2 and a whole lot of other games. At least the performance seems to be good according to the newest German Let's play by Owlcat Games Community Manager playing the newest devbuild

ArchAngel

Arcane
I really, really wouldn't play a contemporary RPG on release day, I'll wait at least a few months.
I am going to wait for 1 week patches, same as I did with PoE1. After that I am all in (unless game has serious bugs like BT4, then I am going to wait a bit longer).

It looks like Most of SJW rot is coming from Pathfinder Itself with Paizo meddling with developers restraining the worst of it, i wouldnt be surprised if Romances themselves were sacrifaced position, something to beat Paizo over head when they get too uppity.

Is the rpg playing community so overcrowded with degenerates and sodomites anyway? Or are they just very vocal and very active in modding(i.e: baldur's gate mods)?

Homossexuals are a small minority even in the progressive west. It astounds me that they need to be so overrepresented. Most mainstream rpgs these days have several queer npcs and romances.

Because there are straight players like to see same sex romance as well. Some male players play as female characters and romance female characters, same goes to the female players.

The devs don't just put same sex romances in the game to appeal to the gay people, it's actually quite the other way around. There is a reason why Asari is a bi-sexual all female race, instead of a bi-sexual all male race.
WTF is an 'all female' race? And why or how could a race that has a single sex be bi-sexual? There is a single sex....are they bi-species sexual? I don't understand.

Last edited:
yeah even with my high hopes I am not going to play it right away, may even wait half a year or more..depends on what I hear.. I have enough back log and am busy IRL anyway, so it won't be that hard.

Codex Year of the Donut
It looks like Most of SJW rot is coming from Pathfinder Itself with Paizo meddling with developers restraining the worst of it, i wouldnt be surprised if Romances themselves were sacrifaced position, something to beat Paizo over head when they get too uppity.

Is the rpg playing community so overcrowded with degenerates and sodomites anyway? Or are they just very vocal and very active in modding(i.e: baldur's gate mods)?

Homossexuals are a small minority even in the progressive west. It astounds me that they need to be so overrepresented. Most mainstream rpgs these days have several queer npcs and romances.

Because there are straight players like to see same sex romance as well. Some male players play as female characters and romance female characters, same goes to the female players.

The devs don't just put same sex romances in the game to appeal to the gay people, it's actually quite the other way around. There is a reason why Asari is a bi-sexual all female race, instead of a bi-sexual all male race.
WTF is an 'all female' race? And why or how could a race that has a single sex be bi-sexual? There is a single sex....are they bi-species sexual? I don't understand.
Asari can mate with non-Asari

"Over the last 8 years"? MCA is a big boy and doesn't need any stanning from me but what has he even worked on recently in a full authorial capacity? The last thing I remember was F: NV DLCs and that writing was excellent, and that was... yep, look at that, exactly 8 years ago.
fnv was good

So ir's confirmed that he's actually like head author or whatever u call it in pathfinder? I guess in divinity/pillars/torment/whatever other shit he was involved in since he played a very small role?

Guess I'm tired of seeing "MCA INVOLVED!!!" in these thread titles then the game releases and sucks shit

Chris Avellone is just a PR man nowadays. Even if he has creative juices left (which I highly doubt as he looks so old and tired at his public appearances), he isn't getting to call the shots since 8 years. And as Roguey says, and CA admits, he doesn't want to be a writer anymore.

jf8350143

Liturgist

Asari is an alien race from Mass Effect series that has only females. They can mate with almost every other races out there and have kids with them, no matter the gender of their lovers(and they don't give a shit about their genders as well). Also their kids will always be an Asari.

Last edited:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
"Over the last 8 years"? MCA is a big boy and doesn't need any stanning from me but what has he even worked on recently in a full authorial capacity? The last thing I remember was F: NV DLCs and that writing was excellent, and that was... yep, look at that, exactly 8 years ago.
fnv was good

So ir's confirmed that he's actually like head author or whatever u call it in pathfinder? I guess in divinity/pillars/torment/whatever other shit he was involved in since he played a very small role?

Guess I'm tired of seeing "MCA INVOLVED!!!" in these thread titles then the game releases and sucks shit

Chris Avellone is just a PR man nowadays. Even if he has creative juices left (which I highly doubt as he looks so old and tired at his public appearances), he isn't getting to call the shots since 8 years. And as Roguey says, and CA admits, he doesn't want to be a writer anymore.

Honestly the only way to get Avellones Juices flowing would be to just let him write and build Game around that, PUT him in role of lead Writer and let him go wild, that or Put in CDPR Red and hope It can fix him, i think guy is fixable but its not Cost effective to fix avellone after what happened at Obsidian. Ironic broken by the men he once called friends.

The Old Kiwi

Educated
Anyone in here know if / whether there will ever be a publicly available hard media copy of this thing?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
fnv was good

So, like, is this game supposed to have a nice story with c&c/interesting themes/ all that good stuff or is the game more focused on combat? Super confused because when title has "MCA writing" that makes me think story but when I hear that all he did was write a few lines towards the end of the game idk..

CaesarCzech

Scholar
fnv was good

So, like, is this game supposed to have a nice story with c&c/interesting themes/ all that good stuff or is the game more focused on combat? Super confused because when title has "MCA writing" that makes me think story but when I hear that all he did was write a few lines towards the end of the game idk..

MCA is writing the Goblin companion, Evil Goblin.

Shadenuat

Arcane
To larp a diviner, I would expect NWN2 where focus was shifted from main story and companions (which you can replace with your own mercs anyway) to a better part which was the fortress. The main story is standard fantasy stuff, beginning with moustache twirling gnome villain and later with more people trying to fuck up your barony.

But unlike NWN2 the main focus is not on NEEEEESHKAAA but on hanging peasants for hiding your taxes and killing all local wildlife (especially fey. and elfs probably. then trolls, giants and dragons, too) for loot Baldur's Gate 1 style. With for once more dialogue options supporting d&d alignments than just Paragon/Renegade/Bye. My guess is that would be the parts of writing which would save you from romances (check), needless exposition (check), and orc caves (well there are a lot of little mapos in this game that seem to hold only some mobs and a cache of loot). Politicking too, maybe, but I'm not counting on that as much, although I've seen examples of that on streams and was interested.

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It looks like Most of SJW rot is coming from Pathfinder
Obviously. Far-left weirdos like this self-described "Spooky Queer Psychopomp" work on Pathfinder. https://twitter.com/FWesSchneider

Don't be surprised if Paizo double-downs on the far-left SJW garbage in a potential sequel if this game is a success.
I skimmed through that lot of anime and 9-year old kid ravings, and saw the part where some twat describes herself as part black, part Chaldean. Seriously, girl, if you have to reach that far back, you're trying too hard.

So what's the general consensus? Does the game have SJW stuff in it or not? I haven't really been following the development of this game, I'm on the fence, I seriously doubt a (Russian?) developer are into that, but have seen a few post that suggest the Pathfinder publisher have a diversity mandate of some kind and there are mandatory boxes to be ticked.
If there is I wont bother, if not I might even buy this.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/9he3e9/pathfinder_kingmaker_crpg_ama_this_friday/

New_Eden_Tourist
Score hidden · 37 minutes ago
A) Are the loot in the game randomized?

B) Will choosing certain weapons be less ideal because you won't be able to get good magical variants easily? (e.g Longswords vs Light Picks)

level 2
AlexanderMishulin
Creative Director Owlcat GamesScore hidden · 28 minutes ago
  1. Some of the simple (not valuable) loot is varied. It is no more than 10% of the loot in the game. All the great stuff is handmade and handplaced

2. We are trying to provide magical versions to all ot the weapons

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
level 1
CaptainWafflebeard
Score hidden · 2 hours ago

If a game has Chris Avellone's name on it, it's generally safe to assume there's a lot of nuanced, grey morality at play with many of the characters, so my question is how do you balance that ambiguity with the alignment system where good and evil have to be concrete factors? KOTOR2 exists, so apparently you can still introduce moral complexity even into a setting based entirely on extreme binary good and evil, but I'm curious how play to both of those aspects.

level 2
ChrisAvellone
Score hidden · 2 hours ago
I think as soon as you include neutral, lawful, and chaotic variations in the playstyle, that's what allows for the nuances (like in Planescape: Torment) - it's one thing to be binary good and evil, but when you add the full alignment spectrum from Chaotic Good, Neutral (True Neutral), or Lawful Evil, that's what makes for interesting choices - and the game has taken efforts to reward those who pursue non-binary paths, which is great.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom