Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FeelTheRads

Arcane
team-4.jpg

Looks a bit like Drog. Relative of his?

It's the face of eastern-european alcoholism.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Let's face it, Siege of Dragonspear stands as the best RPG of the current gen, followed closely by Age of Decadence and Underrail (already declining with jetskis).

Beamdog are the most monocled dev and the Codex's only hope.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, I'm all for kingdom building. I like that stuff in RPGs. Maybe it won't be simplified and keep true at least to what is in the rules.

On the other hand, I still remember the Pathfinder MMO.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, I've run/played a lot of (tabletop) Pathfinder, and the ruleset is solid and very adaptable. I prefer to play it using custom modules/settings though since the setting created by Paizo could not possibly be more boring or generic. Most of the main adventure paths are well designed, Kingmaker included, though so there's some hope for this being a fun game. RTwP is a bad decision (and I say this as someone who loves the IE games), but it was the only one that was ever going to be made :(.

getter77

Augur
I have to believe they won't succumb to the same traps and overall fate as SCL---though it'll all come down to the clarity of the finer details once they get into it in some weeks. At the least, they don't give off the vibe of inane secrecy and whatnot that the SCL crew used as both a lure and a bludgeon...

SophosTheWise

Cipher
I didn't play Siege of Dragonspear yet but are you guys still butthurt because it had a reference in it making fun of Gamergate? At least what I saw is that it was warmly received until someone's feelings got hurt because of that joke. Calm down, snowflakes.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Be a wise ruler or a heavy-handed tyrant.

Tyrants can't be wise?

canny fighter
brave adventurer
powerful sorceress
wise cleric
witty rogue

This adjective use is the worst I've ever seen in a pitch.

The only limit is your imagination!

Yes, your expert use of adjectives really ignited it.

Darkzone

Arcane
Fingers crossed this game crashes and burns worse than SCL.
Paizo are so overrated.
Envy leads to rage. Rage leads to the Dark Side. Calm yourself young padawan.
There are only monster in the Dark Zone and if you enter the Dark Zone you already have been a monster.
Paizo is clearly overrated, because they have given nothing to the PnP RPG community besides a flawed patch for DnD 3E and shitty art. SCL and this now share the same vain (RTwP and etc) and therefore it is highly possible that this will also fail. SCL has sadly a restricted 5E ruleset (races, classes and etc) with skill trees and this could have been quite a problem. So the russians should avoid the same mistake from SCL.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Let's face it, Siege of Dragonspear stands as the best RPG of the current gen, followed closely by Age of Decadence and Underrail (already declining with jetskis).

Beamdog are the most monocled dev and the Codex's only hope.

You forgot the :troll:

Btw, your blog content page has a couple of wrong links (the one that's supposed to take you to the SoZ page takes you to the article about archery in RPGs, for example. There are a couple more I can't remember).

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm mildly interested because of Evil Islands. Other than that ehhh... the graphics make me think of Diablo 3. Not good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom