Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Kickstarter Update #54: Releasing on September 25th, Preorder Available

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I love when people look optimistic on things, but comments on this post filled with optimism of over9000 level.
I mean, devs already did mistakes which destroyed more promising projects, than a game from indie studio based on modification for D&D.
Although, deep inside of me still living hope that it will be good game and everything will be alright, because more good games = better.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
It's a hard game to screw up. All they need to do is stay faithful to the P&P rules and Kingmaker module.

I probably wont enjoy it because Pathfinder is boring, but there are a lot of purists that like their fantasy RPGs old-fashioned and mundane.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
One negative thing I will say about the developers is they're very arrogant and defensive. They police their forums and steam tightly, they don't always respond to criticism in the most professional way, and I've heard a few of them throw shade at other developers.

Max Edge

I have good feelings about Kingmaker. It's made by soviets for company cleaning herself from far-left dust. There's a chance, that be a fantasy RPG and nothing more. No forced balance between everything and everybody, no political mission, no farting noises in your ear. Just regular, mediocre, playable shit. And for now I no need anything more from RPG game.

Shadenuat

Arcane
One negative thing I will say about the developers is they're very arrogant and defensive. They police their forums and steam tightly, they don't always respond to criticism in the most professional way, and I've heard a few of them throw shade at other developers.
Feel like your lovely PoE is threatened? :shittydog:

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've heard a few of them throw shade at other developers.
Come on, bro, now that you mentioned it you must tell us more.

Their community manager did a retarded review of Grimoire, and as always Roqua was right :salute::

The only major gaming publication to review Grimoire was the German magazine Gamestar. The game was reviewed by Pathfinder: Kingmaker developer Sascha Penzhorn.[11][12] Penzhorn described the game as "ugly", "unfinished", "low-quality", "counter-intuitive", "buggy", "terribly balanced", "lame", "broken", "lacking atmosphere", and "hostile to its users" while criticising the absence of voice acting in dialogues and the lack of a German translation. In summary, he stated that "Grimoire deserves no pity just because it's an indie game", awarding a score of 30/100
I am 100% against pirating but after reading that review extract I am not willing to even buy and try Kingmaker through steam. The chance Kingmaker will be needlessly easy and popamole retard oriented is too great a risk. If it is too easy on default I will consider it hostile to me, the user, and never pay for it. If this fucking savage reviewer is just part of a dev team that actually made a non-retard rpg for fans of rpgs and not console monkeys I'll buy it, but I have no way of fighting back against the decline of this genre in any other significant way since most of you posers probably agree with the savage.

I have no interest in shit for shitheads like "no man's sky" so have no beef with console devs being console devs and sticking to their monkey console games for their audience who are all enemies of the genre anyways, same goes for general game reviewers who are also enemies of the genre like the popamole poser codex review. I'll fight the kingmaker savage with my wallet. All I have to do is figure out how to pirate I guess. I also am strongly advocating fans of the rpg genre fight back against this barbarism by joining me and only paying for this game if it isn't hostile to fans of the rpg genre by being made for retards that cry if a game require thinking. Also, I bet kingmaker isn't being translated into Swahili so that is additional incentive to not pay money for it using the savage's criteria for dinging games.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've heard a few of them throw shade at other developers.
Come on, bro, now that you mentioned it you must tell us more.

Their community manager did a retarded review of Grimoire, and as always Roqua was right :salute::

The only major gaming publication to review Grimoire was the German magazine Gamestar. The game was reviewed by Pathfinder: Kingmaker developer Sascha Penzhorn.[11][12] Penzhorn described the game as "ugly", "unfinished", "low-quality", "counter-intuitive", "buggy", "terribly balanced", "lame", "broken", "lacking atmosphere", and "hostile to its users" while criticising the absence of voice acting in dialogues and the lack of a German translation. In summary, he stated that "Grimoire deserves no pity just because it's an indie game", awarding a score of 30/100
I am 100% against pirating but after reading that review extract I am not willing to even buy and try Kingmaker through steam. The chance Kingmaker will be needlessly easy and popamole retard oriented is too great a risk. If it is too easy on default I will consider it hostile to me, the user, and never pay for it. If this fucking savage reviewer is just part of a dev team that actually made a non-retard rpg for fans of rpgs and not console monkeys I'll buy it, but I have no way of fighting back against the decline of this genre in any other significant way since most of you posers probably agree with the savage.

I have no interest in shit for shitheads like "no man's sky" so have no beef with console devs being console devs and sticking to their monkey console games for their audience who are all enemies of the genre anyways, same goes for general game reviewers who are also enemies of the genre like the popamole poser codex review. I'll fight the kingmaker savage with my wallet. All I have to do is figure out how to pirate I guess. I also am strongly advocating fans of the rpg genre fight back against this barbarism by joining me and only paying for this game if it isn't hostile to fans of the rpg genre by being made for retards that cry if a game require thinking. Also, I bet kingmaker isn't being translated into Swahili so that is additional incentive to not pay money for it using the savage's criteria for dinging games.
Except he was probably not wrong. I didn't play Grimoire but reading comments from some people and from screenshots it would seem he was probably right.
And when I see Yes! going so berserk over it I am 2x sure that review is right. Yes! is one of the biggest retards here.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I guess that is the difference between casual gamers and those that have that as main hobby.
I usually play few hours per day and I prefer to replay games I really enjoyed instead of those I might not like.

I don’t have time to do anything for a few hours a day after work, family obligations, gym, personal obligations like investments and home upkeep, etc. let alone gaming. I suspect most people who grew up with ultima or wizardry or fallout or the IE games are in same situation. I can sometimes get a couple days to binge a game every once in a blue moon, otherwise 0-4 hours per week. Up through college sure there was time but afterwards there’s no way.

Gym?? Urban degenerate detected...

curry

Arcane
Also, I see a lot of complaining about the price on GOG forums, which does not bode well, unless critical reception will be in the same vein as Original Sin (unlikely).

They're deleting/locking threads and banning people that complain about the pricing model on steam. Shit developers.
Thank you for this information. I almost bought this game but now I'll obtain it the other way.

Max Edge

Also, I see a lot of complaining about the price on GOG forums, which does not bode well, unless critical reception will be in the same vein as Original Sin (unlikely).

They're deleting/locking threads and banning people that complain about the pricing model on steam. Shit developers.
Thank you for this information. I almost bought this game but now I'll obtain it the other way.

IT MEANS PIRACY TIME
:edgy:

MrMarbles

Cipher

11sgw9c.jpg

If it was some retarded new bioware or bethesda title sure, but this is not the place. The next teen Styg/Vault Dweller idiot savant living in his mother's basement needs to see that RPGs have a future, and that means paying for shit like this.

Last edited:

Shilandra

Learned

11sgw9c.jpg

If it was some retarded new bioware or bethesda title sure, but this is not the place. The next teen Styg/Vault Dweller idiot savant living in his mother's basement needs to see that RPGs have a future, and that means paying for shit like this.

Well if their autism wouldn't have been able to weather the ravages of hopeless resignation... would they have produced a game worth playing anyway?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom