Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathologic Classic HD - a Pathologic remaster (not the remake)

hayst

Educated
Pathologic Classic HD is on sale for dirt cheap on GOG atm. Is it worth playing at all when I own Pathologic 2?

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Which one would be good to play first, the Void, Pathologic or Pathologic 2?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pathologic 2 is a remake of Pathologic, but with only 1 character out of 3 (they were supposed to add the other two, but AFAIK they never did? I've never actually played P2).

The Void is a different game and it's very difficult and eccentric - some people love it, while other find it too weird to be playable.

They are both walking sim/management simulator/C&C mix, but perhaps in different proportions. Both games also have combat, but in Pathologic you're most often better off avoiding it, in The Void combat is more viable, but also many times better avoided.

I'm not sure which one would be better to start with. The Void is one of the best games I've ever played and pathologic is "only" decent, but at the same time Pathologic will feel more familiar and be much easier whereas The Void doesn't really play like any other game (being an unique mix of genres) and is difficult - I managed to finish it only after my fifth game restart (C&C in both games hit later, not instantly like in typical RPG games).

Perhaps try The Void first, then - regardless if you like it or not - Pathologic 2 second?

Perkel

Arcane

Pathologic is very janky to play and you need certain attitude to "get" into that and you milage will get mostly from ending journey and playing it again.

The Void is masterpiece that is very easy to get in. It has boobs to quickly get you into story and then as you play force you to forget about boobs and rethink your role in that universe.

Easily The Void. As much as I love Pathologic for what it tries to do it is poor way to get into Ice Pick Lopic games.

I'm yet to play Pathologic 2 but from what I know this is just remaster/remake of Pathologic 1 that is way less janky and has cut down content as they run out of money for remaster/remake Pathologic 1 and simply release Early Access version as is and call it.... pathologic 2.

Imho The Void (or its alternate name Tension) is one of those rare games that transcend gaming itself much like Planescape did.

If there was a game to study what truth/trust/lies and falsehood is then this is the best study ever. Just don't expecting shooting people.

Both games also have combat, but in Pathologic you're most often better off avoiding it
You should avoid it in Pathologic because if you get good at it you'll ruin the economy. Both the actual economy and the economy of reputation (everyone loves you killing robbers).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom