Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PayPal, PayPal Never Changes

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This is what happens when you raise $11,000 and send it off:

At PayPal, we regularly review the accounts of our customers to monitor their account activities. This helps us ensure a safer environment for our customers to transact online and enables us to provide more proactive customer service.

In a recent review, the following activities were observed on your PayPal Account:
■ Your payment volume has shown significant increase.
■ We don't have enough information about the payments that you're receiving.

We need to know more about your business. Your account is now temporarily limited for further review. Please take the following actions to complete the review:

■ Provide more information about your business.
- Explain your business model in more detail.
- If you are selling online, please provide the URL of your website and descriptions of your merchandise.
- If you are not selling online, please explain how you promote and sell your merchandise.

■ Submit copies of your business license as well as any other documents or forms approved and issued by the government in the location where your business operates.

■ Explain why your payment volume has changed significantly recently.

■ Estimate the monthly sales volume for the next 6 months.

■ Provide copies of the original bills of sale or sales invoices referencing your purchase or acquisition of the items you are selling.

■ Provide the following contact information of your supplier(s):
- Company Name
- Company Phone Number
- Contact Person's Name and Contact information
- Company's address and website

You can submit either a copy of your supplier's name card or upload a screenshot of a text file that displays this information on your screen.

■ Provide tracking information for following transaction(s) as proof that the buyer received your items.
Transaction ID:
Transaction ID:
Transaction ID:

You can find this information in the 'Transaction Details' page of your PayPal Account.

If you can't obtain a tracking number, please provide proof that the item was shipped. A Proof of Shipping document can be obtained from the post office or company that shipped your item.

■ Provide a written statement detailing your refund policy.

■ Provide a written statement detailing your customer service policy.

Please do not reply to this email. We are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. If you have any questions, click "Help" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Fuck Paypal. Even the shittiest bank has better buyer protection when you do a chargeback, for example.

Morkar Left

That's one of the mainreasons why I refuse to do anything with paypal.

Can you still use the money on the account? Otherwise have fun waiting several months (without getting any interests ofc) till you have access again to the money.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
But you have done this several times before right? Why would the 6th time be the one that triggers MONEY LAUNDERING ALERT!!! ?

I can't wait to find out how (un)reasonable paypal customer support is.

Morkar Left

There's no support. Usually you have to wait and pray.

Aenra

Just the thing to find in your email on a Saturday morning. Splendid :)

Best of luck DU, you will probably need it.
(bit of a tip, they cannot much into English. Partly the glorious New Age, partly their actual occupation. Use common wording, in short sentences, and only when bulletpoints are no longer sufficient to make a point)

edit: Am assuming this is due to the 11k intended for Larian? Have they been informed? If the Watch gets first dibs because Paypal..

Weasel
Probably pointing them at the Codex and attempting to explain where the money has come from would not improve the situation.

Can you confirm what customers receive in return for these payments?

Yes... er.... they get potato.

Ah, OK. So these potatoes are then delivered to them?

No, they're virtual potato.

Sigh. Virtual potato. That's a new one. Thought I'd heard it all in this job. Unfortunately our compliance with money laundering regulations requires us to regretfully...

It's just an in-joke. You know, potato. People can exchange potato for useful stuff on our site.

Ah, I see. Like gold in World of Tanks!

Let's keep this civil, no need to compare us to whatever the fuck Obsidian has turned into. No, people use it to purchase witty custom titles, ad-free browsing... newfags get patron status which allows them to access Prosperland and Retardoland. And brofist.

Oh, that's better. So parts of the website have premium content which can be subscribed to, like on FT.com? Do you pay professional writers and content providers for those areas?

I wouldn't call them professional, actually, that's a bit of a stretch. Retardoland is where we dump all the retarded stuff we don't want on the regular forums. And legendary threads like the ones about trannies and train tickets. Prosperland is our asylum for the most disturbed and annoying posters.

Well.... this is a bit confusing to be honest. People pay to get virtual potato and get access to the asylum for annoying posters?

Hey, I just run the place. I forgot to mention politics and stuff like that. And the Grimoire thread. Quality content.

And what is the nature of your website again?

We discuss computer role playing games. We're becoming rather famous for our refined tastes, just check our twitter feed.

I see. I think that's all the information we require. Don't call us, we'll call you.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I suppose you remember this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103385-PayPal-Freezes-750K-in-MineCraft-Devs-Account

The creator of MineCraft has run into a bit of a snag with PayPal, which has frozen his account with over $763,000 in it and refuses to let him touch it.

After raising over $30,000 in nine hours to aid Red Cross efforts following Hurricane Katrina, SA's PayPal account was frozen for suspicious activity, ultimately resulting in all donated funds, minus service fees, being returned to donators.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DU's post seems to imply that he received this mail after successfully sending the money, but that might be wrong.

Aenra

Yeah, was a dumb thing to ask anyway, my mind was elsewhere. He's already pasted a screenshot of the D:OS 2 funds being successfully sent.

:stupid:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
DU's post seems to imply that he received this mail after successfully sending the money, but that might be wrong.

I hope the sending out wasn't blocked.

Paypal is unbelievable. Their only job is to charge an absurdly high fee over transactions, so one would think problems like this should have a "special team" solving them in a matter of a few hours, including contacting you by phone if needed. But no, they just block you and give you a day's worth of bureau-crazy, then take several days to read through it and unlock your funds, without any apology or compensation.

I won't even go into the fact they're likely a money-laundering criminal organization doing rather unethical tax engineering, since in 2007 they "moved" to Luxembourg and Singapore.

Yes, I hate them for reasons.

Cadmus

Arcane
good luck, UD
I wonder if it would be worth it to you to get a better service than the corrupt PayPal but I don't know of any. Can't you just use a bank account for this stuff?

titus

Arcane
Patron
If you can't obtain a tracking number, please provide proof that the item was shipped. A Proof of Shipping document can be obtained from the post office or company that shipped your item.​
Thankfully Larian has the sensible habit of shipping their kickstarter games :lol:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
atriot:

Isn't there a similar service based somewhere less stupid? Like the Isle of Man or Switzerland or something?

GhostBadger

Time to start using Bitcoins, nothing ever goes wrong with that.

Oh things can go wrong with it, but they're mostly self-inflicted. As in, keeping too much btc in one relatively unsafe place and cannot into securing your box.

For the record, I would use Bitcoin for any disbursements to the dex. Say the word.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom