Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PC coop games like 4 swords

J1M

Arcane
Looking for more games like Zelda: 4 Swords Adventures or Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles, except with challenge and available on the PC platform.

So far I know of FORCED, which had some net code issues on release but claims to have fixed them last year. Lara Croft: Light Guardian would probably also fit this category.

It looks like a FORCED 2 is in the works, any suggestions until then?

For reference, Forced:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/249990/

Angthoron

Arcane
Magicka, if you can get everyone to connect. Obviously Magicka 2, if it will have no connection issues. Nation Red. Orcs Must Die 2, I guess? Maybe Killing Floor/2 and Sanctum? New Gauntlet, maybe.

All those "Kill all aliens" games, like Alien Assault or what was it, some of them are even free.

Not so much of vs environment stuff in those though, it's mostly players vs hordes.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm not sure if you want to touch it because it's essentially a MMORPG, but Spiral Knights is basically that with online play by default.

J1M

Arcane
Magicka, if you can get everyone to connect. Obviously Magicka 2, if it will have no connection issues. Nation Red. Orcs Must Die 2, I guess? Maybe Killing Floor/2 and Sanctum? New Gauntlet, maybe.

All those "Kill all aliens" games, like Alien Assault or what was it, some of them are even free.

Not so much of vs environment stuff in those though, it's mostly players vs hordes.
Thanks. Do you have any suggestions that have more puzzle/tactics elements?

Angthoron

Arcane

Thanks. Do you have any suggestions that have more puzzle/tactics elements?
Will need to think about that one. Tomb Raider spin-off is one obvious thing, but it is a bit of a rarity. Door Kickers has a multiplayer mod, I think, that could be something to try perhaps. Running with Rifles is supposed to be similar and with built-in multiplayer.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's very few games like that out there so you're going to be disappointed if you're looking for more than one or two. There's always Portal 2!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Those are all simply beat-em-ups with the exception of Terraria. I believe he's looking for games with puzzle solving in the environments.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
There aren't that many because they're difficult to market. Trine is one of the few that comes to mind.

EDIT: Warcraft 3 maps is probably the safest bet.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom