Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PC vs. Consoles

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I can only think of vehicle simulation, sport games (including fighting) and plataformers (Super Mario, Sonic) that are better with controllers. Definately not cRPGs or strategy and adventure games, the focuses of the monocled game player.

Consoles don't deal with DRM? What sorcery is this?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I can only think of vehicle simulation, sport games (including fighting) and plataformers (Super Mario, Sonic) that are better with controllers. Definately not cRPGs or strategy and adventure games, the focuses of the monocled game player.

Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Dragon's Dogma are not monocled?

You put the disc in and that's it. No StarScream shit or anything like that.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
The occasional good console exclusive vs an extensive library of games going back over 25 years: Which is better and why?

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

The occasional good console exclusive vs an extensive library of Windows games going back over 25 years: Which is better and why?

Why settle for one when I can have both?

8273.jpg

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

Could be, never played, only saw on youtube. cRPGs and others cited are more monocled as a rule.

You put the disc in and that's it. No StarScream shit or anything like that.

megatron_hates_starscream_gif_by_indigofire1o9-d38cz0i.gif

DragoFireheart

Could be, never played, only saw on youtube. cRPGs and others cited are more monocled as a rule.

Oh, you are correct. But these are gems worth playing. Trust me.

And wtf you can play Dark Souls what's your excuse? :rpgcodex:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
The occasional good console exclusive vs an extensive library of Windows games going back over 25 years: Which is better and why?

Why settle for one when I can have both?

8273.jpg

So you wait until a console's lifecycle is over, buy a used one for $100, play whatever exclusives were worth it, and then either sell it or keep it as a bluray player/video streaming box. That's what I'm doing with the PS3.

But buying one for $400+ anywhere close to launch is pure idiocy unless you are a proper consoletard and PC is too complex of a machine for you to operate.

DragoFireheart

I'm going to let you use Google for 10 mins and then you can answer that question again. I KNOW you're not retarded.

So you wait until a console's lifecycle is over, buy a used one for $100, play whatever exclusives were worth it, and then either sell it or keep it as a bluray player/video streaming box. That's what I'm doing with the PS3.

But buying one for $400+ anywhere close to launch is pure idiocy unless you are a proper consoletard and PC is too complex of a machine for you to operate.

I've had bad experiences with used electronics used so I typically don't go this route. But yes, you wait until the end of the consoles life cycle. This is fine. If the PS4 isn't retarded that's what I'll like be doing.

I will not be buying an Xbone. I don't care if Fallout: New Vegas 2 is exclusive for that console. Fuck Microsoft.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

I'm going to let you use Google for 10 mins and then you can answer that question again. I KNOW you're not retarded.

:retarded:

The second answer still stands :smug:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition

Anyways I'm waiting on Wasteland 2 to finally come out. It's my first experience with a Kickstarted game. The result will determine whether I try and kickstart/buy anymore Inxile games.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I own both and i love playing games on both. They should not be mutually exclusive, every PC gamer should experience the joy of relaxing in the couch and playing a console game on the TV... for me that's a zen like stress reliever, "come home, turn on console and play a bit before making dinner".

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I'm going to have to go with the one that will also run about 20 years worth of console and handheld games through emulators.

It's not legal depending on how you view the law of your country but ok you got me there.

There are countries where emulation is illegal?

Afaik it's perfectly legal even under nonsensical crap like the DMCA, as long as it doesn't allow you to remove whatever DRM there might be.

bonescraper

Consoles are shit, period. There are actually 3 console exclusive titles i'd like to see on PC. Final Fantasy Tactics, Red Dead Redemption, and most importantly, the Front Mission series. Yup, this is my extensive list of all exclusive console games (of all time) i'd want to see ported.

FFT and Front Mission 1 and 5 i've played on my PC anyway, but i'd prefer good ports over emulation anyday.

PC for life, mothafuckas.

Nope.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
every PC gamer should experience the joy of relaxing in the couch and playing a console game on the TV... for me that's a zen like stress reliever".

That's how you can also play your PC games. Been doing that for about 3 years now, without having a issues with comfort. You'll have the keyboard on your lap, and the mouse next to you, but it's really not that hard to get used to. And you'll need a couch that allows you to keep a comfortable position though.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Being a good action game with crpg elements is not really enough to be considered monocled. At least it wasn't 15 years ago...

Those games are more of a hardcore RPG than most crpg's. Being third person does not qualify a game as action, look no farther than Gothic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom