Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PC vs. Consoles

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Stop buying EA games.
I don't think I've bought an EA game in years. I have experienced these things with the following companies

WB Netherrealm Studio
Polyphany/Sony
Naughty Dog/Sony
Capcom

The only worthwhile Crapcom game is Dragon's Dogma, which must have been a fluke. That game has no online access codes.

Endless updates are not a big deal.
Core parts of games being sold as DLC: I've only heard of EA and Capom with it's Street Fighter game doing this.
Online access codes? List the games that you can't play offline without an access code from those devs/pubs.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I've spent the last month playing 99% console games, for various reasons.

It's a lot more comfortable and less stressful, most of the time. Analog aiming in first person sucks though, and most modern shooters seem to literally place your reticule right on the enemy for you, which... wow. And while the graphics differences aren't really a big deal the stutter, low framerates and pop-in kind of are. Also no backwards compatibility means fuck you when it comes to game preservation.

I don't blame people who love the convenience of it though.

selkin

Liturgist
So I did this pic as a response to something stupid I saw on Vault Dude Fallout3 facebook fanpage...
Maybe it not entirely true but there's some truth to it in my opinion :P

uFBdRnx.jpg

DragoFireheart

I still prefer popamole consoles over PC.

If I do PC gaming, it's only with GOG games. I refuse to touch Steam.

pippin

fun fact: the painted art for FO1, such as the one shown above, was made by Justin Sweet, who did the portraits for IWD2.

DragoFireheart

Irenaeus

I was born in the console, molded by it, shaped by it.

Relax, I played Planescape: Torment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom