Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PCGamer goes full Gawker - Top100 PC games, ME2&3 on Top10

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Thank you for doing the stuff I didn't want to :D

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Codex also likes Fallout 3 more than Fallout, but likes to pretend otherwise for street cred.

pippin

I wonder why they went for ME2 out of all the AAA games available. EA is paying its checks, maybe?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks more of a hype train for upcoming games from EA/Beth/Activision.Next DA: I content from PC Gamer probably gonna start with "from makers of Mass Effect series..."

Mass Effect 2 is more of a expansion pack where you derped around for 20 hours doing sidequests so you can continue the main mission. Its more of a content filler,like something made for the fans of the first game that wanted more of the same.
There is nothing extraordinary with it in terms of gameplay and its mechanics, its like a season 2 of your favorite TV show.
But nr1 bestest gaem evah? lul

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I just realized... Terraria is not on the list... but Starbound is... uh... what?

56 titles survived the transition from last year's list.

Video games are amazing. When the movie industry comes out with a new "100 Greatest movies ever" list we see about a half dozen new entries across an entire decade, yet in videogameland we get to rewrite the record almost in its entirety every year.

I wonder why they went for ME2 out of all the AAA games available. EA is paying its checks, maybe?

EA/Bioware is marketing the new Dragon Age HARD to try and make up for ME3 and DA2. If DA3 fails Bioware is probably going to be put out of its misery.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Because I'm feeling slightly sadistic, if anyone wants a look at the Empire Top 100, here it is:

ISb7FMQ.jpg

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I just realized... Terraria is not on the list... but Starbound is... uh... what?

THE NEWER THE GAME IS THE BETTER IT IS
Well considering that RO 2: Rising Storm is a shittier version of RO 2 and it is on the list this seems likely, knowing these guys with their shitty taste why isn't Depression Quest #1? Or Fez?
Rome 2 of all the Total War games.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Kingpin........???

Extremely random even for an already shit list.

I have the magazine they reviewed that in lying around somewhere. Pretty sure they gave it like a 50% back then.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I'm surprise to see Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth on the list, since I remember it getting bad reviews. Is it worth playing? Maybe it's just there because Bethesda gave them a lot of money, but that seems unlikely because it probably sells for a dollar these days.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I'm surprise to see Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth on the list, since I remember it getting bad reviews. Is it worth playing? Maybe it's just there because Bethesda gave them a lot of money, but that seems unlikely because it probably sells for a dollar these days.
It's worse than Eternal Darkness but not terribly bad.

dryan

Arcane
ME2 is on my TOP5, so I'm OK with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom