Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PCSX2 news

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually I seen something really funny when I looked through PCSX2 revisions.

// The following if ( 0 ) is probably a misunderstanding, broke Katamari videos
Can you guess what happened year later?

would you hate me if i said the katamari videos were broken long before i rewrote this bit of the dmac? :P

Also new in this revision which added 0 back into the if.

Found and hopefully fixed a really long standing DMAC bug.
This gets videos working in Katamari Damaci, Baldurs Gate, Tales of Destiny 2,
Suikoden Tactics and others.

I gave me a laugh.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I'm still kinda miffed that I cannot play Ace Combat 5 outside of the Software mode (for which you have to have a beast of a PC)

EDIT: Hold the phone, I just read that link. Needs testing.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
PCSX 2 emulation is now perfect, downloed the latest nightly, i'm running SotC at 4x times internal resolution 16 AF and AA at 100% emu speed :salute:

Finaly can play those games

Walden

Savant
Scarface is unplayble though. The Godfather also has horrible light glitches, and I could go on for a while. Far away from perfect and now they want to get into psx emulation:|

Btw http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...on-central-recommendations-in-1st-post.86871/

Both of those are on PC as well, though. Why take a workaround?
For higher resolution and other enhancements(also I love savestates, if I have to quit I can resume from that point) and for possible future compatibility issues, W10 docet.
There are other unplayble games like Shadow Man 2(though maybe it should stay in this state), SH Origins etc.. and the bugs and glitches on the other games are countless. Dolphin is away more polished, but ps2 game are at least playble on average.

GrainWetski

Arcane
A higher resolution?

KmTRBU4.jpg
5bNXx07.jpg

Walden

Savant
A higher resolution?

KmTRBU4.jpg
5bNXx07.jpg
Well, yes. If you want to play it on a TV @4k you can't. The pc version also doesn't support 1360x768p if you play it on a laptop or a hd ready monitor, and you have to lower to 1024x768 etc.. But I'm not very interested in graphics, at least it's not the main point.
Don't get me wrong, it's not a big loss, but overall pcsx2 is still unpolished.

The real question is, why would anyone want to play Silent Hill 4?

PCSX2 is great and all, but there's one area of the emulator that turns me off completely - input lag. I have horrible, crippling input lag no matter the build, renderer or input plugin I use. It doesn't render most of the games unplayable, but some (for instance, Gradius V) are completely out of the question.

I've used PCSX2 pretty much since its release and it's never gotten any better, and people don't seem bothered by it. I've been way too spoiled by Retroarch/libretro's next-to-zero latency and can't really go back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom